What's going on Cal South and State Cup Semi's?

Wow, I got my first dislike! Why? Because little girls who have worked so hard to get to the semis honestly are thinking of forfeiting to prove a point to cheating adults? It should never have reached this point that an honest team would feel they have to do this. I say Legends should go and play soccer. Those little girls earned their spot in the semi finals. Who they play is not their fault, right? If all of this is true, the 05 shouldn't get to play, the friend who knew, and also the cousin of the girl shouldn't get to play. The coach shouldn't get to coach. However it works out, I hope Legends dds play.
BTW, my dd is older and doesn't play for any of these clubs. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

What should happen, if everything is true, is the team should be disqualified since that is the rule.

Great post. Except it's all completely wrong.

A valid, embossed, stamped, original birth certificate was examined by the registrar prior to the season. A valid, embossed, stamped, original birth certificate was produced upon CalSouth request and examined by CalSouth. A second form of picture ID was produced confirming the 2006 birth date. School records were produced confirming the 2006 birth date.

CalSouth made the right decision here.

It's disheartening, but not surprising, to see anonymous forum posters so gleefully assume wrongdoing and a grand conspiracy. Questions remain, and they will get sorted. But it's clear that the club did everything right and nothing can change the fact a valid, embossed, stamped, original birth certificate was produced and examined by multiple individuals this week.

Sorry Thunderbolt, I missed your response to all the other issues where she was listed with an 05 birthday in prior years. The confirmations from other coaches who wouldnt let her play. The prior club confirming the same point. Why would they have listed her as with a 2005 birthday in prior years? Did she need a 2005 birthday for some other activity? We are all ears!

Cal south aka soccer mafia. May be Cal South is changing tha age groups to include the 05's starting yesterday. 05/06s age group. Lol.
How could you trust them to do the right thing now.

Great post. Except it's all completely wrong.

A valid, embossed, stamped, original birth certificate was examined by the registrar prior to the season. A valid, embossed, stamped, original birth certificate was produced upon CalSouth request and examined by CalSouth. A second form of picture ID was produced confirming the 2006 birth date. School records were produced confirming the 2006 birth date.

CalSouth made the right decision here.

It's disheartening, but not surprising, to see anonymous forum posters so gleefully assume wrongdoing and a grand conspiracy. Questions remain, and they will get sorted. But it's clear that the club did everything right and nothing can change the fact a valid, embossed, stamped, original birth certificate was produced and examined by multiple individuals this week.

Your post seems very suspicious as you are the general council for Surf SD.

Did you sit in on that closed meeting?

CalSouth has the Registration form with those two pesky boxes. New Player check here..... Returning Player check here......... If returning whats your CalSouth id number....write here.

Same team manager for last year and this year yet player gets issued new ID number. Heres my question...Who didn't do their JOB?

For those of you who have so many questions...

Ask why Legends was in cahoots with a higher up in CalSouth, who claimed to have the documents from previous years, but when asked (during the investigation) couldn't provide them because that person "deleted them". That CalSouth employee is a Legends parent.

And if they knew for a long time as they claimed they did, why did they not do anything about it until they found out that they were going to have to face AS in the semi-finals.

All this hatred for the AS team is sad. The majority of you want to see those girls fail today, all because of the personal vendettas towards BW. How sad.

Im thinking everyone jumped to conclusions to fast, and now it seems A Surf might have legitimate reasons to play.

Im thinking everyone jumped to conclusions to fast, and now it seems A Surf might have legitimate reasons to play.
Once AS was DQ. There was a reason from Cal South to do that. Then the lawyers got involved and were reinstated. According to previous posts.

For those of you who have so many questions...

Ask why Legends was in cahoots with a higher up in CalSouth, who claimed to have the documents from previous years, but when asked (during the investigation) couldn't provide them because that person "deleted them". That CalSouth employee is a Legends parent.

And if they knew for a long time as they claimed they did, why did they not do anything about it until they found out that they were going to have to face AS in the semi-finals.

All this hatred for the AS team is sad. The majority of you want to see those girls fail today, all because of the personal vendettas towards BW. How sad.
You're so clueless it's sad. Completely false... wasted breathe on this posted.

No way! Don't do that....Legends girls should not have to prove anything. They are too young to have to sit this out to show that some adult higher ups have no integrity.
Let them play. Legends have earned a spot in the semis! Forfeiting to prove a point is not the answer.

Sorry didn't know it was your first thumbs down removed lol. It only deserved half a thumbs down. Still hoping the adults do the right thing until someone explains how a new player ID was issued with a different birth date. Honestly would be relieved if this stuff wasn't true but I haven't heard a reasonable explanation as to many of the facts that do exist.

It's fascinating to hear lawyers not answering the questions they know need to be answered. So, let's try this, how about we just get some simple answers to close this all out.

1) why did this player have two player records? If needed, I'm sure someone can provide the earlier player number and it can be looked up what the birthday was for that prior player number.
2) calSouth should provide a redacted version of the prior investigation report
3) CalSouth should provide details of why they overturned the prior decision

Where is CalSouth in all this?

There are questions surrounding this player. I don't know why there are other documents in the system for her showing a different birthdate. All I can tell you is that the club registrar saw a 2006 birth certificate and has a copy, there is a secondary form of ID that confirms this birthdate, and the records given to the club by the girl's school have her picture and the 2006 birthdate.

The club did the right thing. CalSouth did the right thing. This will get sorted eventually.

Back