What's going on Cal South and State Cup Semi's?

Tonight, LAGSB was notified that Anaheim Surf would continue and play in the semifinals. They were told that there was no way to overturn this and that 'because all the parents and families didnt know' they would let them keep playing. They also stated that the player would be suspended. The decision to overturn the investigators was overturned by CQ and RC of CalSouth BoD directly. When questioned, they refused to state that the player was 'ineligible' because that would invoke rule 9.4 and they would have to hold to the original ruling.
Should we now expect this one player / family to carry the burden of this entire ordeal and take one for the "team", or should I say club, officials and entities too big to fail?

Just feels wrong on all fronts. You have people in roles that should be above all else "advocates for these kids" and create a competitive and learning environment where they are safe from this kind of BS! This just feels dirty and makes you think twice about this whole scene at U-Littles and what is perceived to be a make it or break it environment at 10 and 11 years old, wow, just wow!

I'm disgusted by this. I have read this forum for the last few months as my daughter is somewhat new to this scene, and I've never felt inclined to post until this situation. She plays for a team that was beaten in group play by this team. Why do so many adults continue to do the wrong thing in this? Parents of girl knew it was wrong. Other parents on the team knew it was wrong. Coach knew it was wrong. I can't say for certain but I believe other adults in or around this team knew this was wrong. Cal south has been informed and investigated and knows it's wrong. However, wrong is prevailing. So awful.

I'm a HS coach in other sports. But the things I love most about sports is it's application to life, and the ability for me to use sports to teach my players and my daughter life lessons. However, in this instance I can't even do it. I want to tell my daughter, look what happens when your dishonest and when you try to take short cuts and cheat. But now, instead this behavior is rewarded, truly gut wrenching to me.

I've emailed Cal South my frustrations because I just feel it's flat out wrong. Good luck to everyone in state cup semifinals/finals this weekend.

If you want answers, demand them from these two. These are their cell phones posted on the Cal South website

Executive Vice President Roy Carlson 858-603-5402 - Cell
Bio
grey_dot.gif

Vice President of Youth Cindy Quan
Cindy Quan 760-887-0131

The AS team that just found out they are back playing at the 11th hr... who knows if they can even pull it together after all this. They should postpone the game. This is crazy.

Im quite certain that their coach told his players this was all lies and they should still prep to play. What a freaking joke!

I wonder how long the Cal South board members who overturned this at the last minute knew they would do this?

Would be awesome if someone from cal south called legends and let them know what is happening! They still think they are playing lagsb.

Legends has an advantage. I just hope that the parents can remember the games are about the kids. Leave the drama out. My dd isn't playing tomorrow, but we may still come out to watch.

Attention AS Parents it's all been laid on the table you can't continue to claim ignorance of the situation. Even Cal South's investigation folks are stunned and embarrassed with their BOD's overruling them. The evidence is truly overwelming and consider this it must be at least partially true if the 05 isn't allowed to play. Those Birth Certificates didn't magically get changed by themselves and if you can somehow get around that why did the team generate a new player ID for a player that played last year? That good guy BW & his team manager clearly knew, the cousins family clearly knew their family members age, and many more from the team also knew. If you somehow didn't know, now you do know. Let's see what you choose to do with the information. I'll be there tomorrow with my daughter simply to show her what a "Win at All Cost" parent looks like. I'm ashamed by the entire Surf organization. If you have a child playing in San Diego or any of there entities I would be looking to take my money elsewhere. Keep in mind given the mountain of evidence this didn't get overturned without the Surf organization pulling many strings and back room deals. Let's see if BW can get an entire team of parents out their sacrificing their DD's integrity for a soccer game!

To all those attending keep your heads calm don't cause problems for yourself. While everyone has a right to show up don't do anything that would embarrass yourself or take the focus off of the real problem here.

Did the BOD from Cal South put anything out regarding this? Given what is publicly known they really need to be transparent. With so much evidence and a ruling that clearly goes against their own rules without full transparency I have to assume the organization has some level of corruption. We as parents fund this organization and have every right to demand to know why they are showing a complete disregard for maintaining the integrity of the game.

Thank you for starting this post. While there has been a ton of information already posted, it is probably time to just put all the information (notice I did not use the term facts because those are becoming harder and harder to come by) out there. None of this is meant to hurt the child but to raise a very serious issue. It is also because some CalSouth Board members have chosen to completely go against the investigation authority and mountains of evidence that points to an 'ineligible' player playing through the games to date.

But, before anything else gets said, lets all remember that this is about a 10/11 year old child. The adults surrounding this situation are the ones that this is about and the lessons that come out of this....

Youth sports plays a major role in our kids lives and helps them learn values of teamwork, discipline, honesty and integrity. In this case, we do not see that. It will be interesting to see how long this child has to have fake birthdays to substantiate a 2006 birthday.

Thanks spineless CalSouth for completely disposing of the core values you espouse.

Core Values:

Excellence | Passion | Integrity | Innovation | Development

Although this is a very well written message, it was based on hearsay, as it states more than once. However, many of you people are writing in commenting on it as fact. Do your own research people. Call CalSouth, as I did. And call Anaheim Surf, as I did. Here is what I learned.
CalSouth will not release any evidence that was submitted to them or used to originally DQ Anaheim Surf. What does that mean? Anyone who states what that evidence is, is speculating on hearsay. Hearsay is just another word for rumor. You will not get any information from CalSouth.
Anaheim Surf states that their appeal process was late getting to CalSouth. They were doing due diligence on their own before starting it. All the paperwork that Anaheim Surf has, states that this player in question was born in 2006. The player's school was called to continue to verify her birth date. (Because who else would have a history of a 10 year old? What other legal ID's does a 10 year old have besides a birth certificate. A passport is based on a birth certificate and so is any other legal ID that a person may acquire in life.) The appeal committee did not meet until after closing hours on Friday. Legal representation from Surf was present to present the evidence of what they had, and no one from the Surf organization was. It was a closed door meeting. No one knows what happened in that meeting except the CalSouth committee and the legal representatives. (My research was done before the meeting took place.) All that was released afterwards was that Anaheim Surf was reinstated to play.
All else is suspect to hearsay. Please read this person's post carefully before accusing a Club, it's coach, and parents of misconduct.

The parents of LAGSB and Anaheim Surf have obviously been through a lot this week. I feel sorry for the girls of LAGSB were who told that they were playing and now aren't, but that's on CalSouth. LAGSB is a good team and good organization. And I feel sorry for the parents and players of Anaheim Surf for having to go through the pain of waiting out an appeals process that happened so late. As of right now, their coach, club, and player in question, is innocent. You should all be adults and speak professionally about this situation. CalSouth should be ashamed of the process and service that they provided this week. I hope that they have learned their lesson.

Concerned Parent's "Pondering" issues:
1) "BW is a CalSouth ODP coach" True. Not sure what you mean by this or what you are trying to say.
2) "Why did CQ and RC choose to overrule this ruling at 7PM the night before the game?" As I stated, there was a closed door meeting after hours. Seems that everything CalSouth does is closed doors. Doesn't seem right or fair to the people paying to play.
3) "Did no parent on AS team really know about this?" Good question. Since the current evidence that Anaheim Surf presented was enough to prove innocence, at the moment, I would have to think that they did not know. Why would a parent ever ask that question? Have you (anyone reading this) asked that question about a player on your team? As parents on the sideline, I'm sure we've joked about it regarding the size of some of these kids on opposing teams, but never was serious about it.
4) "Why did Anaheim Surf not do something about this when it was raised to them months ago?"If it was brought to them in the past, why do you say that they didn't? They have all their documentation that says the player was born in 2006. So why continue to press the issue based on hearsay?
5) "Do we really believe the coach didn't know about this when many other coaches knew about this?" You are stating that the hearsay you discuss, and admit to, is truth. How many coaches actually see a birth certificate? They ask how old a player is and the parents tell them, from my experience. The club manager then collects the birth certificate and registration and turns it in to the registrar. Do you think that an ODP coach would jeopardize a career over one player? Do you think that San Diego Surf would want to tarnish their reputation over a questionable coach? I personally think this question you ask is shallow.

My pondering issue:
1) Wouldn't CalSouth have records of this player? Where are those? If the parents changed the name of the player, I would guess not. But..if school records were used to claim her innocence, then the name could never have been changed. The school wouldn't have a history of a new name or they wouldn't know who the questioner was talking about. The school evidence is quite substantial if you think about it. In my opinion, it seems that CalSouth jumped when not checking into the situation deep enough. CalSouth has more culpability to the suffering caused to families in this than anyone else, in my opinion.

I hope that the girls are allowed to play the game to the best of their abilities without the parents getting involved on Saturday. It would be an even greater tragedy if parents created an issue on the sidelines. Win or lose, the parents should be proud of the success of their daughters and teams this season and congratulate the winning team.

Wake up! Were the prior years she was registered as 05 all lies?

Facts what Cal South Knows and wants No One to know:

1. The player in question has 2 Cal South id #’s (only supposed to have 1 much like a social security number)

2. Cal South found she had 3 different birth certificates on file and all were fake. Went to the player’s school and verified that she was indeed a 05.

3. There are individuals who can attest to her age who have sworn she is a 05 to Cal South in affidavits.

4. She is playing with her cousin and another prior team mate.

5. BW was told that without her the cousin and friend would not play when age group change came about.

6. BW was caught by his prior club falsifying documents in order to keep all three.

7. BW left his club and came to Anaheim Surf with the team intact.

8. DOC at previous club contacted registrar and DOC of the situation. No action was taken. Proof of the contact was provided to Cal South.

9. Anaheim Surf in question played tournaments and league with an overage player.

10. Player in question went to try out with another club and parents admitted to the coaching staff she was in fact a 05. This coaching staff stated she could not have and was not allowed. This information was provided to Cal South.

11. Cal South investigators found the player to be a 05 with overwhelming evidence.

12. Cal South Administrators overturned the investigators by telling them they had no proof that the girl in question was a 06. Cal South Administrators provided no paper work to negate the evidence provided by their very own investigators.

13. Cal South Administrator’s Cindy Quan and Roy Carlson made this decision.

Summary: The coach, DOC and Registrar were knowledgeable of the infringement. Cal South was told but did nothing early on. When pressed with a formal petition found the player ineligible. But, quickly retracted their decision by administrators with in Cal South with no evidence of their own ignoring their own investigators findings. And reinstated the team but only penalized the player. And Cal South is allowing them to play in State Cup.

, post: 46979, member: 1457"]That would be good for the Anaheim girls if they do in fact get to play.[/QUOTE]
Wake up! Were the prior years she was registered as 05 all lies?

Reactions: MTB

1. The player in question has 2 Cal South id #’s (only supposed to have 1 much like a social security number)

2. Cal South found she had 3 different birth certificates on file and all were fake. Went to the player’s school and verified that she was indeed a 05.

3. There are individuals who can attest to her age who have sworn she is a 05 to Cal South in affidavits.

5. BW was told that without her the cousin and friend would not play when age group change came about.

6. BW was caught by his prior club falsifying documents in order to keep all three.

8. DOC at previous club contacted registrar and DOC of the situation. No action was taken. Proof of the contact was provided to Cal South.

9. Anaheim Surf in question played tournaments and league with an overage player.

10. Player in question went to try out with another club and parents admitted to the coaching staff she was in fact a 05. This coaching staff stated she could not have and was not allowed. This information was provided to Cal South.

11. Cal South investigators found the player to be a 05 with overwhelming evidence.

12. Cal South Administrators overturned the investigators by telling them they had no proof that the girl in question was a 06. Cal South Administrators provided no paper work to negate the evidence provided by their very own investigators.

Summary: The coach, DOC and Registrar were knowledgeable of the infringement. Cal South was told but did nothing early on. When pressed with a formal petition found the player ineligible. But, quickly retracted their decision by administrators with in Cal South with no evidence of their own ignoring their own investigators findings. And reinstated the team but only penalized the player. And Cal South is allowing them to play in State Cup.

, post: 46979, member: 1457"]That would be good for the Anaheim girls if they do in fact get to play.
[/QUOTE]
This information is not hearsay as mentioned on another post. These are in fact key details Cal South had in front of them provided by their investigators and ignored. Yes there was a last minute meeting last night with lawyers. Which at this time we know was to overturn without justification. This decision goes beyond the kids at this time. This feels more like a massive cover-up.

, post: 46979, member: 1457"]That would be good for the Anaheim girls if they do in fact get to play.
[/QUOTE]
This information is not hearsay as mentioned on another post. These are in fact key details Cal South had in front of them provided by their investigators and ignored. Yes there was a last minute meeting last night with lawyers. Which at this time we know was to overturn without justification. This decision goes beyond the kids at this time. This feels more like a massive cover-up.

Back