What's going on Cal South and State Cup Semi's?

Yesssssss! My favorite thread is alive and kickin! Time to move on? Come on man! Lol!

Thanks, Thunderbolt. When you tell us (a) whether and why she had an earlier 2005 birth certificate; (b) whether and why the spelling on her name was changed in the CORIS system, and (c) why she didn't play in State Cup games after the challenge, then maybe you will have some credibility.

Why can't you just address these facts directly. Until you do, you are just another mouthpiece trying to cover up a disgraceful act of unsportsmanlike conduct perpetrated by Surf.

Serious question not trolling. Thunderbolt do you have an answer to these questions?

I think Thunderbolt might be scouring through his thesaurus to find the words to respond, with out really answering or addressing the questions presented.
Yeah, but now I know who to call if I ever need representation.
Anyone who takes 9 year old soccer this seriously, is someone I want on my side of a courtroom.

Anyone who takes 9 year old soccer this seriously, is someone I want on my side of a courtroom.
I'm sure a back room deal will be made and you will only get 2-3 and no one will know why.o_O

Sorry T-buck but I'm going on the lam....only thing ill need are some birth certificates for fake IDs....and I know just who to call

I think, any time any team gets to play them, they should double check the birth certificates and cards of the players. Just to remind BW of what he did and that it will never go away.

When did that happen?
According to the CalSouth email, the resignation was effective 2/16:

l South District 3 Commissioner Sue Abadie resigned from her position effective February 16, 2017. We thank Sue for her years of dedication and service as Cal South District 3 Commissioner and Board Member. This resignation leaves a vacancy for the District 3 Commissioner position.

This position will be a two-year term position and is scheduled for election during the 1st quarter of 2019 with a new two-year term starting at the 2019 Annual Board Meeting (ABM); the Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) has been tasked to seek candidates and make recommendations to the Cal South Board to fill the position for the remaining current Term.

Duties and Responsibilities of District Commissioners

These are some of the responsibilities of the District 3 Commissioner as stated in the Cal South Bylaws:

Subject to the control of the Board, the duties of a District Commissioner shall include, but not be limited to the following:

• Each District Commissioner shall be thoroughly familiar with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Risk Management Policy, and Protest, Appeal and Disciplinary Policy of Cal South, and shall be thoroughly familiar with the insurance program and each program provided by Cal South for the benefit of all Members of whatever class. Whenever there is doubt and uncertainty regarding any program or benefit, a ruling shall be obtained from the President.
  • Each District Commissioner shall submit a written report to the Secretary regarding all activities within his or her District not later than thirty (30) days prior to the AGM.
  • Each District Commissioner, or his or her designated Assistant District Commissioner (in a nonvoting capacity), shall attend each meeting of the Board. Attendance of an Assistant District Commissioner at a meeting of the Board shall NOT constitute presence of the District Commissioner for purposes of establishing a quorum.
  • Each District Commissioner, or his or her designated Assistant District Commissioner, when invited, shall use best efforts to attend the annual meeting of each Affiliate Member within the District who grants an invitation, and shall serve as an advisor to each Affiliate Member.
  • Each District Commissioner shall attend Affiliate Member meetings and meetings of the Board of each Affiliate Member as frequently as possible, especially when invited to any such meeting.
  • Each District Commissioner shall keep complete and accurate documentation of all activities during his term in office, which shall be deemed part of the official records of the Corporation. Each District Commissioner shall tender all such documents and records to the successor District Commissioner and shall assist the elected successor District Commissioner in assuming the duties of the office.
  • Each District Commissioner shall submit to the Secretary, to be kept in the official records of the Corporation, a true and correct copy of all documentation relating to all activities during his term in office.
  • Each District Commissioner shall have the authority to suspend and hold hearings pursuant to the Cal South policy manual.
The position is a Volunteer position with a time commitment ranging from at least ten (10) hours to twenty (20) hours per month.

Any interested candidate, please send your bio and resume to the NEC, by Wednesday, March 15th, in care of:

NEC Chair: Humberto Jara
Email: hjara@calsouth.com
Phone Number: 323-308-8762
Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2017

Humberto Jara
Chairman, Nominations & Elections Committee

According to the CalSouth email, the resignation was effective 2/16:

l South District 3 Commissioner Sue Abadie resigned from her position effective February 16, 2017. We thank Sue for her years of dedication and service as Cal South District 3 Commissioner and Board Member. This resignation leaves a vacancy for the District 3 Commissioner position.

This position will be a two-year term position and is scheduled for election during the 1st quarter of 2019 with a new two-year term starting at the 2019 Annual Board Meeting (ABM); the Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) has been tasked to seek candidates and make recommendations to the Cal South Board to fill the position for the remaining current Term.

Duties and Responsibilities of District Commissioners

These are some of the responsibilities of the District 3 Commissioner as stated in the Cal South Bylaws:

Subject to the control of the Board, the duties of a District Commissioner shall include, but not be limited to the following:

• Each District Commissioner shall be thoroughly familiar with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Risk Management Policy, and Protest, Appeal and Disciplinary Policy of Cal South, and shall be thoroughly familiar with the insurance program and each program provided by Cal South for the benefit of all Members of whatever class. Whenever there is doubt and uncertainty regarding any program or benefit, a ruling shall be obtained from the President.
  • Each District Commissioner shall submit a written report to the Secretary regarding all activities within his or her District not later than thirty (30) days prior to the AGM.
  • Each District Commissioner, or his or her designated Assistant District Commissioner (in a nonvoting capacity), shall attend each meeting of the Board. Attendance of an Assistant District Commissioner at a meeting of the Board shall NOT constitute presence of the District Commissioner for purposes of establishing a quorum.
  • Each District Commissioner, or his or her designated Assistant District Commissioner, when invited, shall use best efforts to attend the annual meeting of each Affiliate Member within the District who grants an invitation, and shall serve as an advisor to each Affiliate Member.
  • Each District Commissioner shall attend Affiliate Member meetings and meetings of the Board of each Affiliate Member as frequently as possible, especially when invited to any such meeting.
  • Each District Commissioner shall keep complete and accurate documentation of all activities during his term in office, which shall be deemed part of the official records of the Corporation. Each District Commissioner shall tender all such documents and records to the successor District Commissioner and shall assist the elected successor District Commissioner in assuming the duties of the office.
  • Each District Commissioner shall submit to the Secretary, to be kept in the official records of the Corporation, a true and correct copy of all documentation relating to all activities during his term in office.
  • Each District Commissioner shall have the authority to suspend and hold hearings pursuant to the Cal South policy manual.
The position is a Volunteer position with a time commitment ranging from at least ten (10) hours to twenty (20) hours per month.

Any interested candidate, please send your bio and resume to the NEC, by Wednesday, March 15th, in care of:

NEC Chair: Humberto Jara
Email: hjara@calsouth.com
Phone Number: 323-308-8762
Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2017

Humberto Jara
Chairman, Nominations & Elections Committee

@Technician72 so you are applying right?!

Was she involved in the investigation which originally overturned A. Surf vs LAGSB and disqualified A. Surf?

I was wondering the same thing. Possibilities that came to mind in the first few minutes -
  • She was embarrassed to be part of it.
  • She was frustrated that she was unable to stop it.
  • She was upset that it was done without her input, since Anaheim is in her Orange County District.
  • She was overwhelmed by the amount of volunteer work involved in being DC, despite the promise that it involves "ten (10) hours to twenty (20) hours per month". I suspect that anyone directly involved in this spent more than 20 hours just on that one topic.
  • Something else?

I'm not close enough to the issue to be able to answer those questions. I just found it very ironic that there was a D.C. Resignation in the region that this catastrophe happened in.

Maybe there is someone that can provide insight.....anyone????

I'd certainly bail on that job.
10-20 hours as a volunteer to help kids play soccer.
Them you're pulled into depositions on a Friday afternoon about a 10 year old kid with a fake ID.
No thanks. If I feel like volunteering my time, I'll work at a soup kitchen or animal shelter.

You sure you could make time with your new "voluntold" job? :D
I had gone almost the entire day without thinking about it until you just mentioned it. It's not necessarily the best time to become a Team Manager with all the BC issues going on right now. Our new 06 team will literally have 3 kids that are 5'6" so I'm visiting with County Officials later this week to make sure everyone is authenticated.

Back