Whats a DPL composite team? Not a real DPL team?

Mijo, It cheapens the club’s and the ECNL and DPL programs when they make up these names to sell desperate fomo parents on a “fake”. The parents know it fake but they buy anyway!! pretend it real!! then complain like they got ripped off! Like they buy fake handbags until the logo wears off or the handle falls off!!! Which club will have honor and stop this caca?
The creations of these leagues have reached such a point of diminishing returns that no one I know is buying it. My friend's conversations with their coach went something like this:
Back in January:
"I would like to offer a spot to your kid on my team. We are the sister team but will be playing flight 1 this year".
"Good, we think you will be an excellent coach for her".
Two months later:
"BTW, we're now ECNL II".
"Are you still our coach? Ok, whatever".
Another two months later:
"BTW, we're now ECNL Regional League".
"Are you still our coach? Ok, whatever".

What team are we talking about here? I didn’t see anything in scdsl with a DPL in the name.

I think that the teams that he is referring to are indeed the 01/02 DPL composite teams that compete in the DPL. As explained so eloquently by wc baller in his previous post, the wording "composite" is added to the team name as to indicate the merging of the two age groups represented on the team. You can see this represented in San Diego Surf G01/02 DPL Composite, Real So Cal G02 DPL Composite among others. These teams are competing in the DPL league and often only utilize the "Composite" tag when they compete in outside tournaments.

Mijo, refer to when clubs have both:

01/02 DPL - legitimate DPL team
and
01/02 DPL composite - not legitimate DPL team

This what people try to figure out. The second are not real DPL team and donot compete in DPL league. Only for recruit and marketing

Mijo, refer to when clubs have both:

01/02 DPL - legitimate DPL team
and
01/02 DPL composite - not legitimate DPL team

This what people try to figure out. The second are not real DPL team and donot compete in DPL league. Only for recruit and marketing

Tell me what club you are referring to and I will accurately answer. The SD Surf 01/02 DPL Composite competes in the DPL league. It however does not use the nomenclature "Composite" on the DPL league listing.

So tired of club politics as a parent. Any thought about having the kid guest play with clubs during tournament season and not play in any of the elite watered down leagues? The kid can train with a personal trainer for strength, fitness and learn how to take care of their body before and after games and also work with a soccer trainer. While focusing on academics and being more involved with school clubs, volunteering and things like that to build there academic resume. Maybe play high school soccer too. What do you guys think??

I think there is a market for good players that don’t really care about playing college, but don’t want to play in a AYSO/Rec league. They want to compete. But don’t went to train 4x per week and they don’t want to get cut if they need to attend their aunts wedding.
And their parents don’t want to spend $3k per year.

Mijo, It cheapens the club’s and the ECNL and DPL programs when they make up these names to sell desperate fomo parents on a “fake”. The parents know it fake but they buy anyway!! pretend it real!! then complain like they got ripped off! Like they buy fake handbags until the logo wears off or the handle falls off!!! Which club will have honor and stop this caca?
Really, get a clue. To me clubs that actively market the fake DPL league cheapen their entire club to me. Please don’t ever equate DPL to DA and ECNL, it just makes you look like you are an easy mark. There are good DPL teams and bad DPL teams. Talk about a made up league to get more $. Back to my original argument that you pick the coach and the team, not the bs league.
Mijo...you had to be expecting me to chime in.

Really, get a clue. To me clubs that actively market the fake DPL league cheapen their entire club to me. Please don’t ever equate DPL to DA and ECNL, it just makes you look like you are an easy mark. There are good DPL teams and bad DPL teams. Talk about a made up league to get more $. Back to my original argument that you pick the coach and the team, not the bs league.
Mijo...you had to be expecting me to chime in.
Would have been disappointing if you didn’t chime in Fact.... I know how important the DPL is to you.
Imagine how bad it is when a team is labeled DPL “composite” to parents but not even playing in the DPL. A fake Louis vitton bag with a fake Gucci buckle!

What team are we talking about here? I didn’t see anything in scdsl with a DPL in the name.
I don't see any teams with DPL in the name in CSL or SCDSL in that age group. Still haven't heard what team is using the DPL in their name without competing in the DPL league.

So tired of club politics as a parent. Any thought about having the kid guest play with clubs during tournament season and not play in any of the elite watered down leagues? The kid can train with a personal trainer for strength, fitness and learn how to take care of their body before and after games and also work with a soccer trainer. While focusing on academics and being more involved with school clubs, volunteering and things like that to build there academic resume. Maybe play high school soccer too. What do you guys think??
our family and a few others had this discussion few months back when our DPL team imploded. Unfortunately
several girls want to play college and didn't want to risk it. We were one. But man am I done.

I don't see any teams with DPL in the name in CSL or SCDSL in that age group. Still haven't heard what team is using the DPL in their name without competing in the DPL league.

Mi amigo said it’s gone from the southern california soccer announcement board on the facebook. Must have made them stop and think what they were doing.

I found the post that you are referring to on the announcement board. You are 100% correct that this team was marketing for players called themselves DPL and they are in the SCDSL.

I found the post that you are referring to on the announcement board. You are 100% correct that this team was marketing for players called themselves DPL and they are in the SCDSL.
Why would people do that knowing there is one DPL team per age group? Are they that lame to think they are DPL when playing SCDSL? Is it a discovery team?

Why would people do that knowing there is one DPL team per age group? Are they that lame to think they are DPL when playing SCDSL? Is it a discovery team?
Same reason dumb morons like you play DPL when there is only 1 DA team per age group.

Back