Whats a DPL composite team? Not a real DPL team?

When there is already a DPL team what is a DPL composite team when in same age groups.
it's like driving a Jaguar, you have to have 2, 1 to drive and the other for when the first one is in the shop ....(parts) or a place to have your B/C teams play since they aren't in SCDSL or CSL or to keep them from playing at a club where they'd get actual playing time developing at their correct level, see where this is going yet....

Is it an older age group like 01 or 02?
Sometimes a team will combine 2 age groups and call it "Composite." I don't know why they just don't call it by the right age group and let it be.

Now some clubs have same age groups 01/02 but one is name DPL and one is name DPL composite??? Seems more like the C team of the B team. Like a ECNL reserve 2 of ECNL reserve. It never end.... like putting Buick medal on Chevy Nova.

Since the birth year change, approximately 1/3 of the players on a team are on the younger side(born after the September 1st school cutoff date) and graduate a year behind their older teammates that were born before September. This leads to the problem that when their older teammates graduate from high school, they have to play with a younger team which is already has a full roster. For example, if your birth year was 2001 but were born in September, most of your teammates graduated last year while you'll be senior this year and you still need a team to play for during your senior year of high school. You are now looking at playing with the 2002's on a U18/U19 team, and they have a full roster since the 2002's are all seniors or juniors. The clubs have a dilemma because now because the U18/U19 roster size is too large for everyone to be able to play in all the games and get reasonable playing time.

That's where the composite team comes in. It is designed as a placeholder so that all of the U18/U19 players have a team to play on and to bridge the gap for those players caught between the two age groups. The composite team will not be the top U18/U19 team in the club. ECNL has had a composite division since the birth year was implemented.

Mijo, muchos gracias for your explaining. We understand why the composite age group 02/01 and last year 01/00. But why call the club “C” team a “DPL 02/01 Composite” or a “ECNL Reserve 2” when they will not play in the DPL or ECNL? This not making sense. Are people really that easy to fool?

Mijo, muchos gracias for your explaining. We understand why the composite age group 02/01 and last year 01/00. But why call the club “C” team a “DPL 02/01 Composite” or a “ECNL Reserve 2” when they will not play in the DPL or ECNL? This not making sense. Are people really that easy to fool?
I hear you. The ECNL Composite team makes sense, since it is technically part of ECNL. It would be the equivalent of GDA Composite if GDA had that division(GDA does not have it, although it would make sense if it did for the same reason listed in the previous post).

DPL Composite does not makes sense at all, and ECNL2 Composite makes even less sense than that. I hope the parents and kids know what they are signing up for if they do sign up for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had no friggin' clue how low on the totem pole they are in that age group.

If the team isn't playing in the DPL league, then that team shouldn't be called DPL anything.

Just another recruiting tool to keep kids at the club giving them the illusion they’re on the the cusp of making the dpl or DA team. Is is true dpl is not even affiliated with DA and it’s another name for the B or C team to keep parents sipping the kool aid?

It's called the
"We don't want you to leave our club..we want your money..we'll promise you the moon and stars and a possible spot occasionally playing on the DPL team..and maybe..just maybe on the DA team"..."Oh and a cool patch to put on the sleeve of your player's kit"

Man that's one helluva patch to put on your kit!! o_O
I'm not even sure what that flavor of Kool-Aid will taste like with all that thrown in!!

It's called the
"We don't want you to leave our club..we want your money..we'll promise you the moon and stars and a possible spot occasionally playing on the DPL team..and maybe..just maybe on the DA team"..."Oh and a cool patch to put on the sleeve of your player's kit"

Man that's one helluva patch to put on your kit!! o_O
I'm not even sure what that flavor of Kool-Aid will taste like with all that thrown in!!

Muchos gracias for the laughs Amigo!!!

this will always be an issue due to when parents enroll their kids in school, if they have a later BD (after Aug 1, they can be enrolled in school, some parents hold off, some enroll, it will never change unless California changes their enrollment process or parents all decide to enroll their kids at the same time :D), ... the short answer is, "Yes"...parents are that easy to be fooled, I'd like to think of it as uninformed or that it's just their thoughts of their kid being on the best or most elite team. Kids don't understand all of the levels or really care, most just want to stay with their friends, play a game they learned to love, win some games and maybe play on in college, & that's pretty much as far as it goes....keep in mind, less than 3% of all the players go on to play in college and less than 1% of all players go pro, not good odds. Hopefully your kid plays on a team with kids that he/she learns to get along well with (good luck with that :rolleyes:), has a good coach that knows the game (ask what license they hold and look at their prior teams success) so they can develop them to learn to play the game the right way in the event they do play on in college and we as parents just need to think that we are lucky enough to spend all that time driving them to games and spending time with them. It goes really fast, just enjoy the ride!

Just another recruiting tool to keep kids at the club giving them the illusion they’re on the the cusp of making the dpl or DA team. Is is true dpl is not even affiliated with DA and it’s another name for the B or C team to keep parents sipping the kool aid?
DPL as a league is ok. There are good clubs and good teams. BUT... if a club has a DA team 01/02 and a DPL 01/02 calling the third team a DPL 01/02 Composite that won’t play DPL league is a funny thing. Same with a club having ECNL 01/02, ECNL 01/02 reserve and calling their “C” team ECNL 01/02 composite reserve 2!!!

What is the point of this?! Call a spade a spade.
Who signs up their Mija on a team like this? People with fake Louie vitton handbags?

Mi amigo said something about a southern california soccer announcement board? and teams looking for players? and in Texas

DPL as a league is ok. There are good clubs and good teams. BUT... if a club has a DA team 01/02 and a DPL 01/02 calling the third team a DPL 01/02 Composite that won’t play DPL league is a funny thing. Same with a club having ECNL 01/02, ECNL 01/02 reserve and calling their “C” team ECNL 01/02 composite reserve 2!!!

What is the point of this?! Call a spade a spade.
Who signs up their Mija on a team like this? People with fake Louie vitton handbags?

Happens all the time. Look at Murrieta Surf. They have DA for U13 (no olders), but the U18s are called Murrieta Surf Pre-USSDA. How the hell can you be pre anything when the Club doesn't even offer the level? I suppose B2001 Pre-USSDA "if you go to another club" was just too long to write on the forms. https://www.surfsoccermurrieta.com/surfboysteams

Happens all the time. Look at Murrieta Surf. They have DA for U13 (no olders), but the U18s are called Murrieta Surf Pre-USSDA. How the hell can you be pre anything when the Club doesn't even offer the level? I suppose B2001 Pre-USSDA "if you go to another club" was just too long to write on the forms. https://www.surfsoccermurrieta.com/surfboysteams

I've said it before but I'll say it again..it's kinda like saying.."my wife and I are working on having a baby..we're pre-pregnant"...
Either you are or you aren't.

Mijo, It cheapens the club’s and the ECNL and DPL programs when they make up these names to sell desperate fomo parents on a “fake”. The parents know it fake but they buy anyway!! pretend it real!! then complain like they got ripped off! Like they buy fake handbags until the logo wears off or the handle falls off!!! Which club will have honor and stop this caca?

Back