What happened to THE Luis Andres thread?

And then I ask her what she and her teammates could have done better next time.
If you want to watch video and focus on your daughter...fine. But save yourself the headache and don’t worry about what her teammates could do better. Focus on your daughter’s development, be civil with teammate parents (i.e. don’t blast them on group chat) and paths will open up down the road.

lol. Yes this slammers team had very good defense and all they play was kickball no offense. It was 1-1 tie til the end my DD did her job and scored. We had them pinned back the whole game. Shot after shot. 80% possession for us. Their goalie and huge defensive line was very impressive. They kicked a long ball from the back at the end our goalie came out. Miscalculated the timing bounced over her head. Still hope though to get into finals if we shut out the Crowley team and see how Cruz slammers do. Unfortunately the way they set up this tournament favored all the slammer teams cause they all played the weakest 2 teams. I’m hoping we get to finals and our rematch. Should be fun
You are an idiot.

How do you think that benefits your dd, especially when you come on a public forum and talk smack about little girls? Sorry but too late deleting your posts, everyone saw them.

Well what can I say mr. @Fact.. We lost a good battle. Our new goalie made a mistake but she saved a few long shots in the game. Proud of her. She’s young and she’s learning. Yes this Slammers team we just played is good. The girls are huge, athletic, they can hit the ball from way out. In my opinion they are better than the Cruz team (at least defensively). Look out for them in the near future, they will be contenders to other tournaments.
LOL

I would not say anything about her that I haven’t already mentioned to her father’s face. He understands the issue and is also looking for a solution to help her out. I’m not mentioning any names either. So relax cowboy.
The solution is to move her to a team with similar skills and with parents with similar expectations. Or you move your kid to a team that has similar skills and aspirations.

If you approached me (as someone other than a coach or member of the club) and told me that my kid was the weak link- there would be a big problem.
And bro- the season hasn’t even started yet. Summer tournaments are 75% bullshit anyway- kids on vacation. Guests coming from all over the place. Coaches scrambling to cover 3 teams at different venues.

So take your kid and the 6 studs and start looking for a new club now. Tryouts start again in December. I’m sure you can work out a deal with xyz club that your kid can play for free if you can promise that 6 girls will follow.

Well what can I say mr. @Fact.. We lost a good battle. Our new goalie made a mistake but she saved a few long shots in the game. Proud of her. She’s young and she’s learning. Yes this Slammers RG/PA team we just played is good. The girls are huge, athletic, they can hit the ball from way out. In my opinion they are better than the Cruz team (at least defensively). Look out for them in the near future, they will be contenders to other tournaments.

What happened to we win as a team, lose as a team? Not goalie made mistake but my DD did her job? How about we controlled the game but just lost the game on a lucky shot or something like that?

You show NO mental toughness by constantly letting the public forum users get under your skin. Trying to defend and brag about you and you dd who's only 9. You're way to soft skinned if so.
Is that genetics that can be passed down to your dd as well? Better hope not or she won't last if she's like you. Soccer is just as much about mental toughness as physical and you sir are showing nothing.

The solution is to move her to a team with similar skills and with parents with similar expectations. Or you move your kid to a team that has similar skills and aspirations.
If you approached me (as someone other than a coach or member of the club) and told me that my kid was the weak link- there would be a big problem.
And bro- the season hasn’t even started yet. Summer tournaments are 75% bullshit anyway- kids on vacation. Guests coming from all over the place. Coaches scrambling to cover 3 teams at different venues.

So take your kid and the 6 studs and start looking for a new club now. Tryouts start again in December. I’m sure you can work out a deal with xyz club that your kid can play for free if you can promise that 6 girls will follow.
Nice thought but if he was on a team with parents of similar aspirations, it would be all out war at age nine! I can't tell you how many good teams I have seen implode because of one too many d-bags like Luis when all the kiddos were playing at a high level and perfectly content. Parents like Luis ruin it for EVERYONE!

What happened to we win as a team, lose as a team? Not goalie made mistake but my DD did her job? How about we controlled the game but just lost the game on a lucky shot or something like that?

You show NO mental toughness by constantly letting the public forum users get under your skin. Trying to defend and brag about you and you dd who's only 9. You're way to soft skinned if so.
Is that genetics that can be passed down to your dd as well? Better hope not or she won't last if she's like you. Soccer is just as much about mental toughness as physical and you sir are showing nothing.
I'd say split personality but I am sure the d-bag got caught by parents and coaches and that is why he deleted his thread. Now he is attempting to back-peddle and act like a hero, trying to help a little girl improve. Unfortunately, once a d-bag, always a d-bag and his crap is oozing out.

Damn these threads are addictive. When my daughter was a U10. I read Abby Wambach's Forward and Carly Lloyd's When Nobody Was Watching. What they said about their relationships with their parents broke my heart. It made me re-think some of the things I was doing. (There are also young reader versions that our daughter enjoyed.) My assumption is that every parent who is on this forum has a kid with gifts. A kid whose primary focus is soccer. I am grateful for things I learn from parents of older kids with regard to injuries, college recruiting, high school soccer. I am grateful to parents of kids a similar age who share information about schedules and changes in leagues. I am grateful to the parents of younger kids who remind me how crazed I sometimes felt when I was trying to figure things out. My advice to Luis Andres and other parents of strong young players is slow down. I hope this is a really long journey for your family. Nag your daughter to hydrate, stretch and wear sun screen. Cultivate good relationships with other families on the team. You will need them in unexpected ways. Also, I applaud Luis Andres for making a choice to stay more with his daughter at this age. Long commutes through SoCal traffic should be saved for game days.

Luis , you should delete this thread, because in 4-5 years guaranteed your going to delete your DD love of soccer.

Luis, we already know how your story will end. You will play for 5 different clubs in 7 years and other girls and their families will begin to resent you and your kid. Eventually, your kid will stop playing because of your presence and your kid will be ostracized because of you. Several here are trying to save you, or more importantly, your child, because in all this back peddling I've yet you see you really look in the mirror. There's still time to just watch your kid evolve, and the subsequent highs and lows that are sure to follow, but don't be THAT dad who ruins the opportunity for your player. You're fortunate it's early and there's still time to turn things around.

I’m learning and I have become better in my ways. I used to talk a lot during games now I’m just quiet and record the games. I thinks it’s a problem with parents in this age group and younger
The only reason you are now quiet is because you have already been banned from the team chat and no one will talk to you.

Denial that it is only a problem at the younger ages. You just see more of it because as the kids get to be preteens, they either quit due to being embarrassed by parents like you or no team will accept a kid with a parent like you.

Screw up your kid if you want to, but leave all the other families alone and STOP posting about them.

If I would have said that then I would have gotten slammed the other way for saying that the other team got a lucky shot without giving the details. I can’t take away from the other team either, they were solid defensively even though they had no offense. Now I’m here trying to convince one of the parents on our team to bring her daughter to the game today cause he was so upset in the way we lost yesterday. We still have a shot to get into the finals and win.

That was just an example. Could have said the team won on a nice shot by defender or whomever. And if still slammed you didn't single anyone out again.

But again you are showing mental weakness here by letting all these strangers on a public forum get to you. Stop worrying about what everyone says and more importantly stop blaming other kids and bragging on how your daughter played did her job even if it's true. Stay classy and teach your daughter to say the right things for the team.
Sounds like there are more bacteria parents on the team and you may be contributing to it. You have a choice.

The only reason you are now quiet is because you have already been banned from the team chat and no one will talk to you.

Denial that it is only a problem at the younger ages. You just see more of it because as the kids get to be preteens, they either quit due to being embarrassed by parents like you or no team will accept a kid with a parent like you.

Screw up your kid if you want to, but leave all the other families alone and STOP posting about them.
You play on the same team? Damn Lewis banned from the team chat.

If you guys think. I’m bad then you haven’t seen some of the other parents on the other teams. Let me tell you it’s pretty bad out there. I’m actually one of the better ones now

Sadly this might very well be true. Given the .org and it’s a Younger’s team it’s believable.

I’m more curious how the Ayso team he’s coaching will behave

Back