What happened to THE Luis Andres thread?

So at what age do you think you can accurately predict a lid will be a successful collegiate player. What level of play should they be at in their early years?

Never, because you never know what might take them out. Our minister's kid earned a scholarship to a college with a top level baseball team as a pitcher....he missed his senior year of high school due to a shoulder injury, had a long road to recovery after surgeries, got game ready, and then in the first game he played for his college team he had an ADHD meltdown which was truly heartbreaking to watch. He dropped out and is bumming around Oregon now.

Even among child prodigies in other fields (whether acting, academics, music or sports) only between 10% and 1/3 will be successful in the field as an adult, with the percentage varying on the field and how you define what is in fact a unicorn.

I learned my lesson, never to talk about anyone else’s DD but my own. I learned that winning tournaments at young ages is not what’s important. What’s important is the development of my own DD. As far as what I do to train her. I’m still sticking to my guns on that. I’ve done a great job so far in making her a solid all around player. She’s fine for now where she is at, development wise. As long as she keeps growing every season and stays at a level that I feel she needs to be at, I’m happy.

Isn't she 8?

Never, because you never know what might take them out. Our minister's kid earned a scholarship to a college with a top level baseball team as a pitcher....he missed his senior year of high school due to a shoulder injury, had a long road to recovery after surgeries, got game ready, and then in the first game he played for his college team he had an ADHD meltdown which was truly heartbreaking to watch. He dropped out and is bumming around Oregon now.

Even among child prodigies in other fields (whether acting, academics, music or sports) only between 10% and 1/3 will be successful in the field as an adult, with the percentage varying on the field and how you define what is in fact a unicorn.
I agree but a lot of people( more like parents) will say their kid is the exception...

You're 5' 10". Do you have a special room, with vaulted ceilings, for your ego?
It is unfortunate, but the reality is, he is projecting his dreams upon his DD. She may survive this with drive and passion if he is able to allow her to play and grow without too much pressure. I do believe his heart is in the right place but the sooner he grasps the concept that this is her journey and not his, the better his relationship with his DD will be as she enters the dreaded puberty years.

It is unfortunate, but the reality is, he is projecting his dreams upon his DD. She may survive this with drive and passion if he is able to allow her to play and grow without too much pressure. I do believe his heart is in the right place but the sooner he grasps the concept that this is her journey and not his, the better his relationship with his DD will be as she enters the dreaded puberty years.

Her journey? She is getting ready to play her second season of club soccer u10. Her journey will begin when she turns 13 and decides on her own if she’s willing to do all the little extra things that it takes to get to the next level. Right now what I’m doing is being a Dad, that’s setting up his child to win later. By instilling the proper values and beliefs within her that will help her persevere when she is on her own making her own decisions for her future. There is nothing wrong in me setting her up to win later as long as she enjoys the process. I’m just conditioning her for success in the future. Wether she decides to continue or quit, it’s on her. The secrete to being successful in anything you want to accomplish in life lies in the act of falling in love with the process of getting there. If you can do that, you’re way ahead of the pack. Because the minute the process becomes just work without love, you will probably not get there. Success = Your ability to recognize what you need to do and when you need to do it. The culmination and accomplishments your daily successes becomes the process. That’s what I’m teaching her.

Last edited:
Her journey? She is getting ready to play her second season of club soccer u10. Her journey will begin when she turns 13 and decides on her own if she’s willing to do all the little extra things that it takes to get to the next level. Right now what I’m doing is being a Dad, that’s setting up his child to win later. By instilling the proper values and beliefs within her that will help her persevere when she is on her own making her own decisions for her future. There is nothing wrong in me setting her up to win later as long as she enjoys the process. I’m just conditioning her for success in the future. Wether she decides to continue or quit, it’s on her. The secrete to being successful in anything you want to accomplish in life lies in the act of falling in love with the process of getting there. If you can do that, you’re way ahead of the pack. Because the minute the process becomes just work without love, you will probably not get there. Success = Your ability to recognize what you need to do and when you need to do it. The culmination and accomplishments your daily successes becomes the process. That’s what I’m teaching her.
Unbelievable...and some of you thought he actually learned something and was willing to change. Lol

Since you rated my post let me tell you what a complete d bag u r. I saw your posting where you say that you “conditioned” your dd to like to train. Karma is a bitch and I hope someone has the balls to tell her all about you and how you berated little girls on the internet in a few years.

Luis but in your other thread you said your daughter already had a soccer career but now her journey starts at 13?

I just hope you truly believe that and express it in your interactions with her. Because your words and what you have said on this forum do NOT support what you’ve said above.

I wish you and her the best.

Unbelievable...and some of you thought he actually learned something and was willing to change. Lol

Luis but in your other thread you said your daughter already had a soccer career but now her journey starts at 13?

lol. Soccer career, All I said was that she had a goal. And that can change in a few years. But if she has the right values and beliefs and if she is able to find her why by that time, she’ll be on her way to accomplish anything she wants to do in life. I’m not here telling you guys how to raise your kids and what values and beliefs they should have.

I just hope you truly believe that and express it in your interactions with her. Because your words and what you have said on this forum do NOT support what you’ve said above.

I wish you and her the best.

I’ll never force her to do anything she does not want. What I do is encourage her and explain to her why it’s important for her to do what she needs to do and when she needs to do it to get ahead in life.

lol. Soccer career, All I said was that she had a goal. And that can change in a few years. But if she has the right values and beliefs and if she is able to find her why by that time, she’ll be on her way to accomplish anything she wants to do in life. I’m not here telling you guys how to raise your kids and what values and beliefs they should have.
Nope. You said "short career". Then went platinum and deleted the thread. We all remember.

Like I said I don’t give a f@& what u do to your kid. But when you get on a public forum and talk shit about an 8 year old girl because you don’t feel that she is good enough to play with your dd, that is where I draw the line you pathetic scumbag. Other posters are saying to give u a break and that u r learning. But based on your last couple of posts you don’t give a shit about learning to do what is best for the kids.

You should be banned from this forum for talking shit about little girls that everyone know is on your OLe team and you should be banned from all soccer fields entirely FOREVER. The welfare of children should be considered, who knows what you are liable to do next.

Like I said I don’t give a f@& what u do to your kid. But when you get on a public forum and talk shit about an 8 year old girl because you don’t feel that she is good enough to play with your dd, that is where I draw the line you pathetic scumbag. Other posters are saying to give u a break and that u r learning. But based on your last couple of posts you don’t give a shit about learning to do what is best for the kids.

You should be banned from this forum for talking shit about little girls that everyone know is on your OLe team and you should be banned from all soccer fields entirely FOREVER. The welfare of children should be considered, who knows what you are liable to do next.

Dude get over it. You keep going back to the same thing. We are talking about my DD right now. Last person I would listen to is you or the other idiot when it comes to my daughter and her soccer. I have a different view about winning and tournaments at a young age and that’s it. The way I raise my child is on me. Everyone else has the right to do the same with theirs. So keep your comments to yourself. Don’t worry about my DD. So far so good. She’s learning fast and enjoying the process.

Loser, does the director of Ole know that you were bashing an 8 year old little girl on the forum?

Does your dd’s Coach know that you blamed him for intentionally losing the game?

Screen shots are great to hold people accountable.

Dude get over it. You keep going back to the same thing. We are talking about my DD right now. Last person I would listen to is you or the other idiot when it comes to my daughter and her soccer. I have a different view about winning and tournaments at a young age and that’s it. The way I raise my child is on me. Everyone else has the right to do the same with theirs. So keep your comments to yourself. Don’t worry about my DD. So far so good. She’s learning fast and enjoying the process.
You are a f$&@ing Moron. I said that I don’t care what you do with your dd. But you have no right to rip children that are not yours. Are you too stupid to understand that? Because I can help you out by reporting you?

Loser, does the director of Ole know that you were bashing an 8 year old little girl on the forum?

Does your dd’s Coach know that you blamed him for intentionally losing the game?

Screen shots are great to hold people accountable.

@Fact hey get your facts straight. We didn’t lose the game, we tied. and did not make it to the finals. Wether he was playing the game for development or to prove a point, it’s a matter of Interpretation. I was never bashing on the little girl, I was just trying to get opinions on how someone else may have handled the situation. And a possible solution to help her.

Back