What happened to THE Luis Andres thread?

Team in white.
I meant which one is the one that isn't playing DA/ECNL? Just curious to see if they stand out in the video at all and prove the thought that best U8 players aren't always the best once they're older

1) soccer has been my favorite team sport since I was a kid.

2) its part of my culture.

3) I have all the time in the world to devote to her in a sport

4) my wife and I decided it would be soccer even though she is a runner.

5) The reason why it’s important for me to have her become an elite player

6) I see the potential for greatness within her natural talents.

Something to consider in this processs.....

I am willing to share. This is 4 year old footage from THE GOATS. It is a team assembled with parents who are regular posters on the forum. The girls are all club players from all over SoCal. There is zero coaching. The girls just play. As you can see when watching the play of the girls was controlled, they passed well, connected to one another, and moved well off the ball. You can also see many of the teams were much bigger than the girls on GOATS in most cases. Size did not influence the outcome. All with the exception of one of these girls is now going to play DA/ECNL.

Where is #24 these days. She looked promising back then. Good team. Can see what you mean.

I am willing to share. This is 4 year old footage from THE GOATS. It is a team assembled with parents who are regular posters on the forum. The girls are all club players from all over SoCal. There is zero coaching. The girls just play. As you can see when watching the play of the girls was controlled, they passed well, connected to one another, and moved well off the ball. You can also see many of the teams were much bigger than the girls on GOATS in most cases. Size did not influence the outcome. All with the exception of one of these girls is now going to play DA/ECNL.
For those interested in following, a 2009 version of Goats FC is playing in Blues Cup this weekend.

Where is #24 these days. She looked promising back then. Good team. Can see what you mean.

@LASTMAN14 no worries, no need to get into details. But I was just trying to point out my observation. For me #24 was the unicorn of that pack. That’s it. Just by looking at the way she moves and her IQ and her movement off the ball. Reminds me a bit of my DD. That’s why I was curious. I hope she is not the exception not playing DA/ECNL therefore I would be so way off lol. But I’ve heard that the best players usually play in the central positions in 7v7.

Last edited:

. All with the exception of one of these girls is now going to play DA/ECNL.

Are the keepers still keeping? Just curious. The Goats' keeper didn't have a lot to do...and none of the keepers really knew what they were doing (though its apparent the Blues keeper had some training), but that's also expected for 8-9 year olds. My son's trainer wouldn't take him on until he was 9. Awesome effort by all the keepers, though, given their age range.

p.s. the song is sooooooo cute.

Are the keepers still keeping? Just curious. The Goats' keeper didn't have a lot to do...and none of the keepers really knew what they were doing (though its apparent the Blues keeper had some training), but that's also expected for 8-9 year olds. My son's trainer wouldn't take him on until he was 9. Awesome effort by all the keepers, though, given their age range.

p.s. the song is sooooooo cute.
The keeper is one of the best in her age group. That’s Tech’s kid.

Here is a video of Olivia Moultrie #10 playing U9 for the Blues. Just to give everyone a perspective of what a unicorn may look like at this age level.
Hope KC don’t mind me sharing this video but I truly admire this young girl’s work ethic and talent given the chance I got to meet her and talk to her a little bit when her younger sister played with our team.

Very cool no coaching. What about Newport Mesa was it coach TD yelling and screaming making the girls cry? Swallows Cup that's Capo FC's tourney right?

@LASTMAN14 no worries, no need to get into details. But I was just trying to point out my observation. For me #24 was the unicorn of that pack. That’s it. Just by looking at the way she moves and her IQ and her movement off the ball. Reminds me a bit of my DD. That’s why I was curious. I hope she is not the exception not playing DA/ECNL therefore I would be so way off lol. But I’ve heard that the best players usually play in the central positions in 7v7.
She is playing DA. I would not say she was a unicorn or any of the others at that time. The key element that made any player shine on that group was how they played the game, which was playing the ball on the carpet and connecting passes.

Very cool no coaching. What about Newport Mesa was it coach TD yelling and screaming making the girls cry? Swallows Cup that's Capo FC's tourney right?
I can't remember who was coaching them or who hosted the tourney. It was held a J-Sierra HS.

Forgot to add. We had a coach but did not infer with the game the girls were playing, it was their game. Just subbing. He would then speak to them at half time about how they were feeling, is anyone tired, etc. That's it.

Last edited:
So at what age do you think you can accurately predict a lid will be a successful collegiate player. What level of play should they be at in their early years?

Back