USYS National Championship Livestream

'04 age group lacking in depth and talent pool?
Legends 00 and 01 are in the semi-finals with the 99's undefeated and playing later today. Legends have four teams at National's and have the chance to bring home three titles!

Congrats to Legends. Also congrats to WC FC boys. Four teams went to Nationals and three are in the semi-finals. Good luck to all the Southern California teams!

Thanks for all the information I have no desire for what the "traditional wishes are" of soccer parents. I have a very academic high achieving DD who wants a smaller exclusive school so I am pretty sure I am stuck in limbo until Junior year anyway
Don't rule out some of the NAIA schools. My DD wanted a small school with strong academics in her major. So many choices are available if you are strong in both athetics and academics. It gives schools more flexibility in what they can offer for scholarship money.

Uh the NJ team is DA?
Well that's disturbing. Actually disturbing. Trust me watch the first game...
Welp I guess NG and MAP are right yet again. It looks nothing like a PDA team. Are you sure???????

There are definitely going to be some weak GDA teams next year (and every year). It was the same case for ECNL this year. They need enough teams to make the league work, so they have multiple teams in areas that should have just one team. Or 5 teams in an area that should have just 3.

I absolutely agree that's not what I meant. There is a big difference between a flight 2-3 level NJ team though and a SoCal bubble DA. For example if people grumble about DA in SoCal who shouldn't be DA after what I have seen this week our weakest DA is better than that garbage and those SoCal girls deserve that opportunity to shine on a larger stage.
ECNL limited their market which was dumb and their demise.

Don't rule out some of the NAIA schools. My DD wanted a small school with strong academics in her major. So many choices are available if you are strong in both athetics and academics. It gives schools more flexibility in what they can offer for scholarship money.
Yep. My best friend is an NAIA basketball coach. They have waaay less restrictions on recruiting than what the NCAA has, and you can get some great scholarship/assistance with NAIA schools if your kid is a good student and athlete.

Congrats to Surf and the 6th grade girls national championship they brought home to Cal South. Seriously, it's a great accomplishment only marred by one mom's deplorable comments on this forum. That lady is a class act. Imagine being a parent on her daughter's team. College coaches LOVE people like her.

Maybe if California had sent the benchwarmers from the lower division 6th grade girls teams to compete in the other 13 boys and girls divisions, they may have won something else.

Sorry for the flippant response. I had read all the tournament summaries last week, and I recall reading your coach's comments. My reaction at the time was "Great story! Good for them." Then I saw this thread, and it honestly disgusted me.

I assure you I'm not from whatever club you think I'm from. It's a boys team a couple of thousand miles away. We had a good tournament but fell a little short. Congrats to your daughter's team. Maybe just tone down the badmouthing a bit.

Wow - And here I thought all this bravado and hubris was only in the Northeast. For the parent who thinks that if Region IV could combine all their talent, they would kill the rest the country, you have no clue. If you took Region I and did the same, there isn't a region in the country that would kill them - probably not even beat them. Do you think SoCal is the only area that has to split their talent between 10-15 clubs?

And before you get all high and mighty, SDFC is NOT DA, they aren't even close to what NJ has to offer as the best team. Keep watching the GotSoccer rankings and believing you have a clue.

Dear again new member,
See in SOCAL we kind of know what's up. We kind of know about Hawks, PDA for example. We understand the dominance of a solid Texas or Georgia team. we play soccer 12 months of a year OUTSIDE.
Did anyone infer that team from NJ was DA? No quite the contrary we said we hoped they weren't.
We understand it was a gaming circuit and that's it.
Although I enjoy our out of town visitors please come with a clue. Facts don't care about your feelings.
I love how you bring up Got Soccer- know I really know you are clueless. Thanks for confirming.
Now if you would enjoy joining the discussion and actually contribute please help. For example tell me why and how that team made it that far?

Dear again new member,
See in SOCAL we kind of know what's up. We kind of know about Hawks, PDA for example. We understand the dominance of a solid Texas or Georgia team. we play soccer 12 months of a year OUTSIDE.
Did anyone infer that team from NJ was DA? No quite the contrary we said we hoped they weren't.
We understand it was a gaming circuit and that's it.
Although I enjoy our out of town visitors please come with a clue. Facts don't care about your feelings.
I love how you bring up Got Soccer- know I really know you are clueless. Thanks for confirming.
Now if you would enjoy joining the discussion and actually contribute please help. For example tell me why and how that team made it that far?

Maybe reading comprehension isn't your friend...

Maybe reading comprehension isn't your friend...

I love east coast visitors :) now tell me how this all went down since you claim to be from the east. Enlighten me here. Seriously educate me on it because I would like to know how that population dense region is underrepresented
Or are you a Cali parent?

Absolutely horrified that the team that lost 8-0 to Surf won yesterday 2-0. Again absolutely horrified at the lack of meaningful competition at the National level. I hope Surf wins the championship 10-0 no kidding! Roll on!

Curious as to how the Surf did against the team that LOST this game 2-0?

Look at any CRL game footage then look at that "National Championship" game which is available on line and you let me know what players they played. Maybe this will help you understand a score.

Back