USYS National Championship Livestream

@MakeAPlay do not get me wrong I am ALL FOR every single one of these Cal South teams rolling to National Championships but I did not see one game today that was even remotely close. Legends did so well. Surf as per usual played magnificently and had no pressure at all, Beach the same.
Is this standard?
It seems to me that after CRL these teams have had no decent competition (save Heat and RSC in Surfs case) The teams they are playing at u14 for example are simply bad.
I am not trying to take away from any team but there is absolutely no comparison between these SoCal teams and the other national qualifiers.
I think at this point I will be shocked if every single one of these teams DOES NOT come home with a national trophy.
Roll on Cal south roll on...

Good to know that the best of the best is here in Southern California. :)

I'm watching the 2017 USYS U13G San Diego Surf vs SDFC game as my daughter will be a U13 this coming season so gives me an idea what the best look like.

Too bad she didn't catch CRL this year at 04. I am telling you I saw more action at the 04 CRL than this garbage. FWR was no better except for Heat and RSC who we play all the time anyway. It's very disappointing actually to me- not because of anything other than there are many many many teams here better than what I just saw. Many...did I say many? Surf absolutely deserves that title and there is simply no comparison on the pitch.

@MakeAPlay do not get me wrong I am ALL FOR every single one of these Cal South teams rolling to National Championships but I did not see one game today that was even remotely close. Legends did so well. Surf as per usual played magnificently and had no pressure at all, Beach the same.
Is this standard?
It seems to me that after CRL these teams have had no decent competition (save Heat and RSC in Surfs case) The teams they are playing at u14 for example are simply bad.
I am not trying to take away from any team but there is absolutely no comparison between these SoCal teams and the other national qualifiers.
I think at this point I will be shocked if every single one of these teams DOES NOT come home with a national trophy.
Roll on Cal south roll on...
Yes and I will get on my soapbox once again. There exists an east coast bias at the US Soccer level, NCAA D1 level, ECNL Level etc. If we took our best SoCal kids and made a best of the best at whatever level we would dominate at all levels. The only reason any other areas can compete with us is because we dilute our talent among 10 - 15 teams every year. Put a best of the best SoCal team together and we would be the National Team. Quit playing this political BS. As a D1 coach once told me when ODP was the real deal. I have no hope of getting any of these kids at my school but the 20 - 30 that didn't make the team are for the most part better than everyone else's 1st team for Region IV.

CalSouth has many strong teams, but there are also very good teams from other parts of the country.

At ecnl level 03 and up yes - today no and definetly not in this league.
At u14 I have seen no one so far who comes near the starting line up of Surf in any tournament they have had past Heat and RSC. It has been a slaughter. They have never beat a local team by these margins. This is not at all taking away from them please note but it's sad. I wish a Texas team was represented or a strong GA or MI. Today was embarrassing

If we took our best SoCal kids and made a best of the best at whatever level we would dominate at all levels. The only reason any other areas can compete with us is because we dilute our talent among 10 - 15 teams every year. Put a best of the best SoCal team together and we would be the National Team. .
I don't think there is any doubt that SoCal is the strongest area for girls soccer, but I do think you are underestimating other parts of the country in one way. I believe other areas could put together a team of 18 that competes with SoCal's top 18. Just going from my ECNL experience this past season, the Michigan/Illinois area and the north Texas areas wouldn't struggle to compete if they consolidated their talent to one team. I am sure there are probably other areas in the country that could do the same.

Where SoCal would truly dominate is if each region had to put a second or third (or fourth or fifth) team together. The depth of SoCal would easily win out. I think it's similar to what people say about the EPL. Obviously, the top teams from the other European leagues don't have to take a back seat to the top EPL teams, but I'd love to see a tournament that matched up teams #5 to #20 from the different leagues. Like SoCal, the depth of the EPL would impress.

Yes and I will get on my soapbox once again. There exists an east coast bias at the US Soccer level, NCAA D1 level, ECNL Level etc. If we took our best SoCal kids and made a best of the best at whatever level we would dominate at all levels. The only reason any other areas can compete with us is because we dilute our talent among 10 - 15 teams every year. Put a best of the best SoCal team together and we would be the National Team. Quit playing this political BS. As a D1 coach once told me when ODP was the real deal. I have no hope of getting any of these kids at my school but the 20 - 30 that didn't make the team are for the most part better than everyone else's 1st team for Region IV.

Not that this impacts me but out of academic curiosity @pulguita how does this tie into recruiting? Obviously I hope all our Cal South girls can reach their dreams. How though can a firecracker team from Beach or LAGSD be noticed. No offense but straight talk the lowest CRL TEAM at 04 was better than that NJ team today. No question. So how does that start to occur?

CalSouth has many strong teams, but there are also very good teams from other parts of the country.

What pulgita was saying was that if you took our best 18 it would beat any other regions best 18 and I have to agree with him. His daughter and mine won two ODP national championships together and the team their last year (missing about 6-7 girls from the championship team the year before that chose not to compete) could beat most D1 college teams and that is not an exaggeration in the least. They had maybe one close game in 2 years. The best 18 from her age group pretty much where all invites to at least one YNT camp and many are still pool players. No other region has that kind of depth and that includes Chicagoland and North Texas.

Not that this impacts me but out of academic curiosity @pulguita how does this tie into recruiting? Obviously I hope all our Cal South girls can reach their dreams. How though can a firecracker team from Beach or LAGSD be noticed. No offense but straight talk the lowest CRL TEAM at 04 was better than that NJ team today. No question. So how does that start to occur?
Being a Beach homer not sure what you mean. Take a look at this I think this sums it up pretty good - not ECNL and not DA yet. http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.or...onships/Team/44883/BeachFC98AcademyCA-SNL-B1/
I don't think there is any doubt that SoCal is the strongest area for girls soccer, but I do think you are underestimating other parts of the country in one way. I believe other areas could put together a team of 18 that competes with SoCal's top 18. Just going from my ECNL experience this past season, the Michigan/Illinois area and the north Texas areas wouldn't struggle to compete if they consolidated their talent to one team. I am sure there are probably other areas in the country that could do the same.

Where SoCal would truly dominate is if each region had to put a second or third (or fourth or fifth) team together. The depth of SoCal would easily win out. I think it's similar to what people say about the EPL. Obviously, the top teams from the other European leagues don't have to take a back seat to the top EPL teams, but I'd love to see a tournament that matched up teams #5 to #20 from the different leagues. Like SoCal, the depth of the EPL would impress.
We do every year and its called ODP. I will agree that ODP has lost its luster now but we have had ECNL and non ECNL girls on our teams for the last 5 years and no one can touch us. So if Colorado or Texas or New Jersey or Michigan really want to put their best 18 up against our CalSouth 18 it is no contest. Michigan Hawks draw everyone from a 2-3 hr radius. The two Colorados draw from the whole state. NJ PDA draws from 2 hour radius. We have 8-10 teams drawing from a 2 hr radius in socal. It is no contest.

Back