U17 Women's World Cup

Dubs

GOLD
Did anyone happen to see the US v Cameroon game yesterday? Man, what a shit show. Two reds from Cameroon and a kick and chase "stlye" from the US. It was not fun to watch. With the talent on that team, I really don't understand why they don't jut possess a little and build it up from the back. They should be able to pick teams like this apart.

Enjoy watching Sophie Jones. She is a talent.

With a spectrum of players from around the nation it looked like each brought their own style to the field. Therefore it was a mixture of unbalanced play.

Enjoy watching Sophie Jones. She is a talent.

With a spectrum of players from around the nation it looked like each brought their own style to the field. Therefore it was a mixture of unbalanced play.
Did anyone happen to see the US v Cameroon game yesterday? Man, what a shit show. Two reds from Cameroon and a kick and chase "stlye" from the US. It was not fun to watch. With the talent on that team, I really don't understand why they don't jut possess a little and build it up from the back. They should be able to pick teams like this apart.
Horrible officiating against Cameroon and in our davor. Watched first half and we didn’t earn the first 2 goals, the ref gave them to us. We were offsides before the red card. We should dominate and didn’t. Nothing to celebrate.

Horrible officiating against Cameroon and in our davor. Watched first half and we didn’t earn the first 2 goals, the ref gave them to us. We were offsides before the red card. We should dominate and didn’t. Nothing to celebrate.
Not the best game certainly. Cameron didn’t do themselves any favors. I could not tell if there was an offsides. Will try to watch again. But the foul was outside the box, yet deserved a red.

But who has better teeth?

Yep. Agree with the stars/stripes article completely. I am reserving judgment until after watching them play N.Korea and Germany. That will provide a library of work to get more a sense of what's going on, but seemed like US players either didn't want to or were discouraged from dribbling. Maybe/hopefully just a one-game thing.

In contrast, the Spain v. South Korea game was fantastic to watch. Both sides play great, attacking soccer, one-touching some AND dribbling a lot. Final score looks like a route on paper but SK had chances.

Yep. Agree with the stars/stripes article completely. I am reserving judgment until after watching them play N.Korea and Germany. That will provide a library of work to get more a sense of what's going on, but seemed like US players either didn't want to or were discouraged from dribbling. Maybe/hopefully just a one-game thing.

In contrast, the Spain v. South Korea game was fantastic to watch. Both sides play great, attacking soccer, one-touching some AND dribbling a lot. Final score looks like a route on paper but SK had chances.
Well... it's more of the same. Absolutely no connection anywhere on the field. I just don't understand how they can't put anything together. There are some talented players on that field. Are the coaches just not holding up their end of the bargain?

Too many individual players, not enough focus on working together in an organized manner - what a beautiful game that Korea played, nice to watch some good soccer

Nice to see the all the girls standing and all the girls singing our anthem.
They haven't been to college yet to be brainwashed.
Not too many north korea fans at the game.

I predict US will right the ship, beat Germany (who looks slow and beat up from a physical Cameroon team), and advance to the next round. But I want to see them win the game playing soccer the way we are told to play throughout youth leagues. Otherwise, what's the point of all the overhauls -- smaller goals, 7v7, 9v9 leagues, DA, etc. --if your top team is just going to play kickball anyway. "Do what I say, not what I do."

Sidenote, Canada not playing great soccer either but sitting in good spot with two wins and 6pts.

And I want Santa Claus to be real. I agree with you that US could pull through against Germany but it won''t be with the organized and precise soccer we saw from North Korea

The US population is 13x more then a famished, sanctioned North Korea. One would like to think we can do better than a 3-0 loss.

So the reasons in order IMO are:

1) BAD US game coaching. Carr sucks.

2) poor US Soccer development.
3) wrong players on the team.

The US population is 13x more then a famished, sanctioned North Korea. One would like to think we can do better than a 3-0 loss.

So the reasons in order IMO are:

1) BAD US game coaching. Carr sucks.

2) poor US Soccer development.
3) wrong players on the team.

HAHAHA One loss and everything is wrong. Maybe Carr would be a better coach if he didn't allow them to go to school and they can only play soccer, famish their family if they do not perform, and torture them when they lose.

It wasn't that they lost a match, it was how they played as a team. They beat Cameroon and it is highly likely that they can beat Germany and advance but that wouldn't change what people are saying.

Back