Tournament Results

Buddhabman

SILVER ELITE
This thread will be to post Tourney Results.

First One is CDA Slammers Players Cup

Players Cup U14 Mercurial.png

There are a bunch of small time tournaments like this one most don't even know about.

Never heard of this one but if you want to get responses or track them the bigger ones like cerritos, surf, etc will normally get more action on the forums.

Come on God. It's the little tourneys that help the smaller, younger squads get experience and improve, in hopefully level competition. Yes Surf and Cerritos and other Got Soccer ranked tourneys are important, but these smaller events help the coaches, players and parents kind of figure out where their team stands against a decent level of competition. These tourneys are warm up for league anyway. Good starting measure point.

Come on God. It's the little tourneys that help the smaller, younger squads get experience and improve, in hopefully level competition. Yes Surf and Cerritos and other Got Soccer ranked tourneys are important, but these smaller events help the coaches, players and parents kind of figure out where their team stands against a decent level of competition. These tourneys are warm up for league anyway. Good starting measure point.

Plus, Godinez was in it. Any time the best team in the age group is in an event, it has some significance. And huge upset in the final!

This tourney had a bunch of Flight 1 Europa teams, one Gold, one Flight 1 championship team and a team that was placed in the wrong flight. That threw off one of the groups as it came down who would score the most goals against that team to determine who made the final as there was a tie among the top two teams. Shouldn't be that way to determine a winner of a group and best game in the tourney may have been the very first game between cda slammers Cerritos and pats la...ended in a 2-2 tie.

How many guest does he use at CRL?
None, that I've heard/seen. They all train with CG or his brother.
Assuming "guest" here means outside of CDA HB.
Otherwise, he does move players between all three of his teams as he seems fit and the rules allow, haha.

Otherwise, he does move players between all three of his teams as he seems fit and the rules allow, haha.

That's good though, right? Move the smaller kids up and let them get a sense of the faster pace and pressure. Move the upper team kids down and see if they can still be difference makers. The results are just so we can sort teams and know which tournaments are significant and which ones are not.

What I have noticed is that the upper team kids that play down are usually played in defensive roles. They are usually very skilled but just a bit bigger, stronger and faster that the rest of their team. The old saying D-Fence Wins Championships.

The Godinez HB Black team has used one outside the club guest player (Albion) in all the tournaments that they played with summer. They have used different players from within the club in different ways throughout the summer and that is a good thing.

United Cup:
Surprised to see Valley United beat Albion Garton this morning. Laguna United has looked good with the reorganization to 03's. They play a better soccer than what I had seen in the past. Good result today.

Valley United has been together for a while and has a lot of older 03s. I think similar to the Oxnard team. Along with Pats LA, watch out for those northern LA teams.

I haven't seen Valley United play, but by looking at there scores they must have some some speed and or finishers up top. Teams that have been together with the core being 03's do have an advantage to kick off the 2016-17 season.
Today Galaxy SD vs Laguna will determine the group B winner. It should be a very good game.
Starting tomorrow the games should tighten up.

Back