Surf Cup Schedules 05

Fully sanctioned, I assume, as schedules are on the DA website right there along with the U14 and olders.
I hadn't heard about it, but then again I'm in SoCal. I looked before I responded and couldn't find a Girls u13 or '05 game on any of the aforementioned Clubs schedules, that's the only reason I asked.

Are these clubs having DA2 or Reserve teams as well? Are they just playing in thier respective leagues?

I hadn't heard about it, but then again I'm in SoCal. I looked before I responded and couldn't find a Girls u13 or '05 game on any of the aforementioned Clubs schedules, that's the only reason I asked.

Are these clubs having DA2 or Reserve teams as well? Are they just playing in thier respective leagues?

Schedules for U13 DA - Frontier Division:
http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=NDAzMzc2MA==&partialGames=0

There is no DA2. The 2nd teams are playing ECNL for the Dallas clubs. Not sure what leagues the other clubs are playing their 2nd teams in, but it isn't affiliated with the DA program.

Yes, there is DA for U-13 Girls in Texas; they are piloting it. The #1 05 team in the nation, Dallas Texans South decided against doing DA; they are doing ECNL.

Yes, there is DA for U-13 Girls in Texas; they are piloting it. The #1 05 team in the nation, Dallas Texans South decided against doing DA; they are doing ECNL.

It's a little more nuanced than that. Every other '05 team in the U13 DA conference is that club's top team. The coach of the Dallas Texans, Sal Adames, isn't qualified on paper to be a DA coach (he's a great coach, but isn't licensed highly enough). Since he's a very good coach, most girls on that incredibly good team decided to stick with the Coach and forego the DA and play ECNL (which doesn't have such restrictions on coaching licenses). That team will join the DA next year when they graduate from Adames.

As Kicker4Life pointed out, there is no DA at 2005!

So, the Slammers Pre-Elite team is the same at this point-- a top USYS team-- not a DA team. Kicker4Life also pointed out that at the Showcases (Silverlakes), there were ECNL teams playing DA teams in 04 and I also saw that in the 03 age groups and believe it was all through the age groups. Friendlies can also be arranged, so there seem to be opportunities to see how ECNL and other teams "stack up" vs DA teams.... there just may not be a trophy involved.

Meanwhile, congrats to all the teams at Surf Cup, and kudos to Beach 05s for beating some tough competition to win that trophy!
Whether you call it DA, Pre Academy or Pre DA it is still being treated the same in most states with the exception of schedules and some training regimen. I can tell you in TX the DA is alive and well for 2005. Just for info sake for everyone that says there isn't DA at '05.

It's a little more nuanced than that. Every other '05 team in the U13 DA conference is that club's top team. The coach of the Dallas Texans, Sal Adames, isn't qualified on paper to be a DA coach (he's a great coach, but isn't licensed highly enough). Since he's a very good coach, most girls on that incredibly good team decided to stick with the Coach and forego the DA and play ECNL (which doesn't have such restrictions on coaching licenses). That team will join the DA next year when they graduate from Adames.
Gabe

Back