Surf Cup Schedules 05

DA doesn't want to chance it that their teams might get beat by a non-DA team, because DA is supposed to be top tier. Ridiculous!!
No DA at '05....but within the '04 group ECNL played with DA. Maybe due to lack of overall participation, who knows.

Congrats to Beach. Unlike the older groups that have been watered down by the DA, the 05 group was stacked - a true, "Best of the Best".
This age group was indeed stacked, e.g. our group was ridiculously strong. I do not agree either with keeping the DA and non-DA teams separated in showcases, it denies many good teams the possibility to measure themselves and beat DA teams. On the other hand the accumulation of games in tournament play makes no sense. Five or six games in three days, with not even two hours to recover between the semi and final games, is wrong. The final game was a bit of a let down for me, I thought that none of the teams had much left in the tank. But they still managed to play great though, two teams of very good players.

The quality of play on day 3 was indeed down (still pretty high) vs the first two days. By day 3 teams were pretty worked over with a lot of ice bags strapped to various body parts.

The fields were utterly magnificent though and I doubt anyone who attended will have been disappointed re the organization and facilities in Oceanside. Good job, Surf Cup and well done to all the young ladies who gave their all.

Well, I've never seen a goal scored this way at Surf Cup or elsewhere.
Same thing happened during one of my daughters games this weekend. Team warming up behind the goal lost a ball in our box during a corner kick that resulted in a goal that tied the game. Really sucks to fly in from out of state and have kids warming up interfere with the game. Same group warming up put the ball on the field 4 or 5 more times during the game.

I wish they would let the DA teams play against the non-DA teams at the big tourneys. Ridiculous that they don't let all teams regardless of the letters after the team name go head to head.
I saw a Dallas Texans Team play Slammers DA Pre Elite and the game ended 1-1. It was a very even game, I kinda stopped watching our game since that game seemed like it was better quality. I asked one of the DT parents if they were the DA team and we were informed they are not DA or ECNL it the top USYSA team.

I saw a Dallas Texans Team play Slammers DA Pre Elite and the game ended 1-1. It was a very even game, I kinda stopped watching our game since that game seemed like it was better quality. I asked one of the DT parents if they were the DA team and we were informed they are not DA or ECNL it the top USYSA team.

As Kicker4Life pointed out, there is no DA at 2005!

So, the Slammers Pre-Elite team is the same at this point-- a top USYS team-- not a DA team. Kicker4Life also pointed out that at the Showcases (Silverlakes), there were ECNL teams playing DA teams in 04 and I also saw that in the 03 age groups and believe it was all through the age groups. Friendlies can also be arranged, so there seem to be opportunities to see how ECNL and other teams "stack up" vs DA teams.... there just may not be a trophy involved.

Meanwhile, congrats to all the teams at Surf Cup, and kudos to Beach 05s for beating some tough competition to win that trophy!

By the way, I do agree that the top teams (of any label) should be mixed together for showcases-- especially those with college exposure opportunities-- with an eye towards those who do not have an available DA in their geographical area.

Any comments on a team that will be playing flight 1 scdsl this fall winning the White (4th) flight?
It will probably be a decision they regret. However there most likely will be a Flight 1A division(10-12 of the best teams) and Flight 1B (all the rest divided up geographically).

So, the Slammers Pre-Elite team is the same at this point-- a top USYS team-- not a DA team. Kicker4Life also pointed out that at the Showcases (Silverlakes), there were ECNL teams playing DA teams in 04 and I also saw that in the 03 age groups and believe it was all through the age groups. Friendlies can also be arranged, so there seem to be opportunities to see how ECNL and other teams "stack up" vs DA teams.... there just may not be a trophy involved.

Meanwhile, congrats to all the teams at Surf Cup, and kudos to Beach 05s for beating some tough competition to win that trophy!
that was slammers reserve pre elite not the main.

NTX has an 05 DA Pilot, so the Texans team would have been their 3rd team. Behind the DA, and their ENCL team.

NTX has an 05 DA Pilot, so the Texans team would have been their 3rd team. Behind the DA, and their ENCL team.
Any other team have an '05 DA pilot program? What does this program entail since it isn't officially part of DA? Will they just play in the regular league but train 4 days a week under the Da curriculum?

Any other team have an '05 DA pilot program? What does this program entail since it isn't officially part of DA? Will they just play in the regular league but train 4 days a week under the Da curriculum?
That is the million dollar question. I'm not sure anyone actually knows the answer. Texans, Solar, and FC Dallas are all participating. Not quite sure what other conference teams are participating.

That is the million dollar question. I'm not sure anyone actually knows the answer. Texans, Solar, and FC Dallas are all participating. Not quite sure what other conference teams are participating.
Interesting. Are you seeing as much blowback about this pilot program as we are seeing about DAII/DPL?

Texas '05 DA teams are Solar, Texans, FC Dallas, Houston Dash, Lonestar, and Houston Rise.
Also in the'05 DA conference are Colorado Rush, Real Colorado, FC Kansas City, and Sporting Blue Valley.
It is a true DA league.

Texas '05 DA teams are Solar, Texans, FC Dallas, Houston Dash, Lonestar, and Houston Rise.
Also in the'05 DA conference are Colorado Rush, Real Colorado, FC Kansas City, and Sporting Blue Valley.
It is a true DA league.
Is it sanctioned by USSDA or just DA pure?

Back