SOCAL KID BREAKS RECORD

Not sure I understand why the NCAA should do that? You can’t be a paid professional athlete in any sport and still have eligibility. Why would they make a substantive change like that? For what purpose? If you are mature enough to make that decision to go pro then you should be responsible for your decisions. Also, just don’t understand the argument of bringing in what happens with males and the MLS. The salary and future earning potential is beyond significantly different. I would not have any objection to a 14 or 15 year old female going pro if the contracts and earning potential was the same as it is for Mens’s sports but it isn’t the same.
For the reasons you stated above, they should change the rules. The pay should not be significant enough to be to be considered "pro". It's really just for better training and to save money for families that need it too. The salary and team pays for travel, uniforms, meals, weight training, speed training, etc.

Unless a player is making over 150K a year, NCAA should really consider giving high schoolers a one time chance to change their minds before their 19th birthday.

If the league is heading this direction I'd like to see better supporitng rules about helping the girls exit with more options if the situation doesn't pan out.

Coming out of Ajax I saw alot of kids let go and wander through life lost for a while, and some never really land back on their feet either.
Very few people get to write their own exit in the sport.

I've seen the young lady play several times. She has some special qualities you don't see very often, especially here in US.

Back