SOCAL KID BREAKS RECORD

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
California's Brighton Lee Sagal Is The Future of Soccer
Beverly Hills Boy Brighton Lee Sagal Shatters US Soccer Records with Semi-Pro Contract
Beverly Hills, California (March 16th, 2023) - A young soccer prodigy has taken the soccer world by storm by becoming the youngest player ever to be signed to a semi-professional contract in the United States. Brighton Lee Sagal, at just 12 years old (recently turned 13), has joined the San Fernando Valley FC, a semi-professional soccer team in the San Fernando Valley, California, playing in the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL).
The UPSL has never seen a player as young as Brighton, who hails from Beverly Hills, California. Home-schooled, Brighton has shown exceptional talent and skill that has earned him a place in the San Fernando Valley FC, and he is expected to make a significant impact on the field.
Brighton's passion for soccer runs deep in his veins, thanks to his dad, who played professional soccer in Germany and Sweden, starting his own career with college soccer at SMU in Dallas, Texas. It is Brighton's dream is to one day play for Manchester City in the English Premier League. This career move for the young player and his dedication, that dream may very well become a reality.
The news of Brighton's signing has sent shockwaves throughout the soccer world, and many are looking forward to seeing what the young prodigy has in store. "I am excited to be a part of the San Fernando Valley FC and grateful for the opportunity to play in the UPSL," said Brighton. "I want to thank my family and coaches for their support and belief in me. My dream is to play for Manchester City, and I will continue to work hard to achieve that goal."
The San Fernando Valley FC is thrilled to have Brighton on their team. Team leaders believe that his talent and skill will be a game-changer on the field. "We are excited to have Brighton on board and believe he has a bright future ahead of him," said the team's Administrator, Gueorgui Hristov during the signing conference.
Brighton's signing to the semi-professional team at such a young age is not only a testament to his skill and hard work but also a sign of the growing interest in soccer in the United States. The country has produced some of the world's most exceptional athletes, and Brighton could be the next big name in soccer.
Interested spectators can catch Brighton Lee Sagal in action at the Sepulveda Basin Sports Complex, where his team, San Fernando Valley FC, will be playing multiple times this season, according to the team schedule.
page1image41349312 page1image41347024 page1image41345568 page1image41344736 page1image41346608
###
Interview the young soccer prodigy, Brighton Lee Sagal, and learn more about his journey to becoming the youngest semi-pro soccer player in the US. Contact Jared Sagal for press inquiries.
Jared Sagal
Brighton Lee Sagal Manager jared@rockerrazzi.com | 310-980-3741 Instagram

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
California's Brighton Lee Sagal Is The Future of Soccer
Beverly Hills Boy Brighton Lee Sagal Shatters US Soccer Records with Semi-Pro Contract
Beverly Hills, California (March 16th, 2023) - A young soccer prodigy has taken the soccer world by storm by becoming the youngest player ever to be signed to a semi-professional contract in the United States. Brighton Lee Sagal, at just 12 years old (recently turned 13), has joined the San Fernando Valley FC, a semi-professional soccer team in the San Fernando Valley, California, playing in the United Premier Soccer League (UPSL).
The UPSL has never seen a player as young as Brighton, who hails from Beverly Hills, California. Home-schooled, Brighton has shown exceptional talent and skill that has earned him a place in the San Fernando Valley FC, and he is expected to make a significant impact on the field.
Brighton's passion for soccer runs deep in his veins, thanks to his dad, who played professional soccer in Germany and Sweden, starting his own career with college soccer at SMU in Dallas, Texas. It is Brighton's dream is to one day play for Manchester City in the English Premier League. This career move for the young player and his dedication, that dream may very well become a reality.
The news of Brighton's signing has sent shockwaves throughout the soccer world, and many are looking forward to seeing what the young prodigy has in store. "I am excited to be a part of the San Fernando Valley FC and grateful for the opportunity to play in the UPSL," said Brighton. "I want to thank my family and coaches for their support and belief in me. My dream is to play for Manchester City, and I will continue to work hard to achieve that goal."
The San Fernando Valley FC is thrilled to have Brighton on their team. Team leaders believe that his talent and skill will be a game-changer on the field. "We are excited to have Brighton on board and believe he has a bright future ahead of him," said the team's Administrator, Gueorgui Hristov during the signing conference.
Brighton's signing to the semi-professional team at such a young age is not only a testament to his skill and hard work but also a sign of the growing interest in soccer in the United States. The country has produced some of the world's most exceptional athletes, and Brighton could be the next big name in soccer.
Interested spectators can catch Brighton Lee Sagal in action at the Sepulveda Basin Sports Complex, where his team, San Fernando Valley FC, will be playing multiple times this season, according to the team schedule.
View attachment 16043 View attachment 16042 View attachment 16040 View attachment 16039 View attachment 16041
###
Interview the young soccer prodigy, Brighton Lee Sagal, and learn more about his journey to becoming the youngest semi-pro soccer player in the US. Contact Jared Sagal for press inquiries.
Jared Sagal
Brighton Lee Sagal Manager jared@rockerrazzi.com | 310-980-3741 Instagram

What could possibly go wrong?

This has to be a parody, right? Of course he has a presence on youtube and plays like any other average 12 year old club player. His size alone would have him struggling in a mens over-40 league. Pretty funny -- well played if it's a joke.

Congrats. The kid is now banned from playing NCAA. And for what... a UPSL team? What's their track record of developing young kids? This is a mistake.

Wow I just spent way too much time on youtube. Found this interview with the OP:

I'm now super conflicted. Jared raises a log of issues I agree with. It's worth understanding that this video was made 2 years ago. I do agree with him that not a lot of coaches emphasize the cognitive side of the game, but I think it's getting better (e.g., TOVO, etc).

His son doesn't play club soccer (it's possible he never has). This appears to be due to Jared's view of the club model -- which I totally understand and mostly agree with. That said, I do think Jared would see that there are 1000s of players in the US that are at a similar level. And to a point he made, none of these kids are going to play in the Premier League.

My conflict comes into play with the decision to have a 12-13 year old play in the UPSL, which is effectively the 5th level in the US. Like what's the point? Does he think the level of UPSL is higher than club soccer? Does he think his son's development will be better in a league that likely doesn't have the style of play he appreciates? He played D1 at SMU, he knows the physicality level that's required to play at a high level (or at least amongst fully grown men). I just don't see how a 12-13 year old, no matter how skilled, could compete. On top of all this, why market it? Who is this really for?

On the other hand, Jared seems like a completely reasonable person and has some great insight.

Ok, I should get some work done.

Wow I just spent way too much time on youtube. Found this interview with the OP:

I'm now super conflicted. Jared raises a log of issues I agree with. It's worth understanding that this video was made 2 years ago. I do agree with him that not a lot of coaches emphasize the cognitive side of the game, but I think it's getting better (e.g., TOVO, etc).

His son doesn't play club soccer (it's possible he never has). This appears to be due to Jared's view of the club model -- which I totally understand and mostly agree with. That said, I do think Jared would see that there are 1000s of players in the US that are at a similar level. And to a point he made, none of these kids are going to play in the Premier League.

My conflict comes into play with the decision to have a 12-13 year old play in the UPSL, which is effectively the 5th level in the US. Like what's the point? Does he think the level of UPSL is higher than club soccer? Does he think his son's development will be better in a league that likely doesn't have the style of play he appreciates? He played D1 at SMU, he knows the physicality level that's required to play at a high level (or at least amongst fully grown men). I just don't see how a 12-13 year old, no matter how skilled, could compete. On top of all this, why market it? Who is this really for?

On the other hand, Jared seems like a completely reasonable person and has some great insight.

Ok, I should get some work done.
The main thing that the kid will lose in 4 or 5 years is publicity value.

Congrats. The kid is now banned from playing NCAA. And for what... a UPSL team? What's their track record of developing young kids? This is a mistake.

Is this really true? There are boys playing USL etc. without giving up NCAA elegibility.

It's not the level that matters, it's the pro contract that's the problem.
NCAA has shown some flexibility in that regard. A friend of the family played for 2 years NCAA D1, then went to Germany for 3 years to play on a low-level pro team there, and then returned to finish his career with 2 years at an NCAA D2 school.

NCAA has shown some flexibility in that regard. A friend of the family played for 2 years NCAA D1, then went to Germany for 3 years to play on a low-level pro team there, and then returned to finish his career with 2 years at an NCAA D2 school.
I'm definitely not an expert in this. We're just starting to try to figure out for ourselves what's allowed and what isn't. It looks like players can get _some_ compensation as long as it is just covering "costs to participate":

If that's the deal the kid has, then I guess he should be okay, but that doesn't seem any different from a fully-funded academy.

Jared actually seems knowledgable and ahead of the curve in terms of his understanding of the youth soccer landscape. Props to him. That said, people have got to stop with the phenom/future of soccer BS for little kids; it's like a mental disease here.

"What about Freddy Adu?"
"Freddy who?"
"Exactly."

Back