Signing Day

Just remember National Signing Day is the first day the scholarships can be officially offered and accepted - again, not uncommon to sign blank paper for the media. Although you can back out of a true NLI, you cannot sign another NLI until the next NLI cycle (1 year) and cannot play for another team without full consent from the team holding the original NLI. Might want to check out NLI ORG website for more information..
Thank you LadiesMan217
I will encourage my friend to do more research. Just seems odd that the NLI did not arrive. I think the athlete made her official visitv(unsure the proper lingo) within the last two months.

Many thanks for sharing insight.

Thank you LadiesMan217
I will encourage my friend to do more research. Just seems odd that the NLI did not arrive. I think the athlete made her official visitv(unsure the proper lingo) within the last two months.

Many thanks for sharing insight.
Was the new coach in place during the official visit? If so, what was the discussion? Non-commital, or excited to get the player involved? The addition of a new coach would make me leery if the document did not show up, unless the coach continued to make positive, reinforcing comments. If the coach continues with positive comments and the document still doesn't show up or is different than the original offer, then that coach is a real jag.

Caliklines,
Good questions. Thank you. I must be circumspect, as any decisionsto share information remain with the athlete and family.

The new coach was installed during the official visit, which the athlete attended without parents. It is hard to extract details from a teen, in general. Unsure if a 17-year old on her official visit is able to pick up nuances before the day of signing the letter that never arrived. She was instructed to pretend to sign - and the letter would be coming. It has still not arrived.

I am curious if this is a regular occurrence for athletes that verbally commit in 10th grade.

Caliklines,
Good questions. Thank you. I must be circumspect, as any decisionsto share information remain with the athlete and family.

The new coach was installed during the official visit, which the athlete attended without parents. It is hard to extract details from a teen, in general. Unsure if a 17-year old on her official visit is able to pick up nuances before the day of signing the letter that never arrived. She was instructed to pretend to sign - and the letter would be coming. It has still not arrived.

I am curious if this is a regular occurrence for athletes that verbally commit in 10th grade.

Can't speak for others, but I know my DD got her NLOI 5 days before signing. I know of a player that got hers the day of signing and international student who is working on her student visa and signing later. So it all depends on the college coach. IMO, if they really wanted the player you would think they would want the player to sign ASAP to lock her up.

I'm curious did univeristy already announce their class of 2017 on their twitter or website?

Caliklines,

Never heard of it before in any sport.

Back