SD Surf putting youngers in sdda/presidio?

At what ages do Surf teams play below "most Matrix teams"? In fact, find me a girls' team at any age at Surf that plays at a division lower than most Matrix teams.

Note - not a knock on Matrix.
More boys than girls, but the following "highly competitive and accomplished youth soccer players" played in Cal South's Mayor (aka Recreational ) Division:
F4

IE SURF B08 BARBIERA WEST

G4

Anaheim Surf - B2008 Viviano

O2

SD Surf Academy Boys (Kavanagh) 2008

P3

IE SURF B08 URBANO J

Q2

SD Surf Academy Boys (Whiddon) 2008

B3

Murrieta Surf B07 Blue

F4

IE SURF B07 PETERS

K3

SD Surf Academy Boys (Huerta) 2007

B4

Anaheim Surf - B2006 Viviano

D3

IE SURF G08 URBANO J

J2

Murrieta Surf G08 Black

E4

Murrieta Surf G07 White

F2

IE SURF G06 PARK

Why are you lumping all the Surf affiliates in your attempt to bash San Diego Surf teams level of play? This post is about San Diego Surf, not I.E., Anaheim, Murrieta, etc.

Are you suggesting that they just bought the name?

Why are you lumping all the Surf affiliates in your attempt to bash San Diego Surf teams level of play? This post is about San Diego Surf, not I.E., Anaheim, Murrieta, etc.
Sorry, here's the list of "highly competitive and accomplished youth soccer players" that were too good for Presidio, some of which are (understandably) sick of losing by double digit shutouts in season after driving to Orange County, that played in Cal South's Mayor (aka Recreational ) Division*:
SD Surf Academy Boys (Whiddon%) 2008

*Per parents of said teams.
% Whiddon's older boys also get blown out by lowly AA-B Presidio teams.

I don't understand what your point is? Isn't this thread about San Diego Surf/Presidio League?

I am shocked!! at the suggestion that all those other "Surfs" don't practice the same level of training and administration (to put it politely) as the mother church.

Sorry, here's the list of "highly competitive and accomplished youth soccer players" that were too good for Presidio, some of which are (understandably) sick of losing by double digit shutouts in season after driving to Orange County, that played in Cal South's Mayor (aka Recreational ) Division*:
SD Surf Academy Boys (Whiddon%) 2008

*Per parents of said teams.
% Whiddon's older boys also get blown out by lowly AA-B Presidio teams.

One of those 2008 teams had a kid who did kartwheels after every goal he scored. Coach did nothing.

It has been almost 4 years, but I believe they did it abruptly, and we're not real nice about it.
-claimed Presidio had anti-competitive policies
-competition in SD was not good enough
-something about SDDA, can't remember what.

I had heard that the Surf left Presidio because the league frowned on them for poaching players from other local clubs. The surf considered that anti-competitive. Times have changed and almost all clubs steal player these days so it's normal practice. Any way I think the mighty Surf realizes that the competition is not that much better outside of San Diego.

Where do you get $5k/year? just curious... that seems pretty outrageous... and at youngers? And hehe, if I paid that much damn right I'd put that sticker on my car! =)

Actually its more like $2,500 for the little ones after fees. That's still pretty expensive sticker, but if it makes your kid feel like a million why not.

I had heard that the Surf left Presidio because the league frowned on them for poaching players from other local clubs. The surf considered that anti-competitive. Times have changed and almost all clubs steal player these days so it's normal practice. Any way I think the mighty Surf realizes that the competition is not that much better outside of San Diego.
Surf left Presidio because they said the competition wasn't good enough. Then Surf realized how much money they could make charging $2,500 for rec-level kids that they put on teams with the name "Academy." Problem was, these "Academy" teams were recreational level, got beat to a pulp in Coast, and played State Cup (so the kids could get sweatshirts), in the recreational Mayors level.

Parents and kids didn't like losing all the time by double digits after driving up to OC. So after badmouthing Presidio on the way out, they came slinking back to get these money machines, errr academy teams, games that were local and at their level. Presidio said, no thanks.

Probably received a lot of complaints from parents for having to drive their u-littles for games in Camarillo, Calabassas, etc... Plenty of good teams down/around SD. For once logic prevails.
Tugs is right. Especially at the younger ages and especially for girls, there were less teams. So at least when Surf left, SCDSL at for example the Girls U8 teams, there was no division for south, north, east ...teams. Some mediocre U8 and U9 teams wound up driving way past the OC.

The move was generated by Presidio's new rules on poaching players and coaches. At that time Surf had just started to grow again (because they were not sure if they were going to be able to continue using the Polo Fields some age groups only had 1 team until the issue was resolved). I think the biggest concern was actually poaching coaches since Presidio had restricted coaches moving to a new club from coaching the same age group. The player poaching rules did not change that much within Presidio since CalSouth had their own rules.

However, the way Surf presented it to parents (after they paid for the season) was that it was done for the players (i.e. better competition). Everyone knew this was a joke since their best teams at the older ages already played SCDSL and their lower teams were getting killed in Presidio.

Back