SD Surf putting youngers in sdda/presidio?

Wow! I guess it's true that everything DOES come around full circle. I think this would be great for San Diego's youngers

Sure, all of that.

Doesn't anyone remember why Surf left and what they said? Presidio is spine less, I think there is an aesops fable or two that are pertinent.

Surf is only doing it so they can make money, bad economics now for them.

Sure, all of that.

Doesn't anyone remember why Surf left and what they said? Presidio is spine less, I think there is an aesops fable or two that are pertinent.

Surf is only doing it so they can make money, bad economics now for them.

Very interesting but how is it bad economics now for them to make the switch back? Or bad Econ to stay in SCDSl?

Probably received a lot of complaints from parents for having to drive their u-littles for games in Camarillo, Calabassas, etc... Plenty of good teams down/around SD. For once logic prevails.

Probably received a lot of complaints from parents for having to drive their u-littles for games in Camarillo, Calabassas, etc... Plenty of good teams down/around SD. For once logic prevails.
I doubt any younger Surf teams had to travel THAT far since SCDSL is usually divided into north/south divisions. However, I do understand that staying local in SD is a better drive than going up to south OC.

Surf will likely put some of their lower-ranked teams back in Presidio because it's easier for the kids and because Surf only recognized how important the local league was as a recruitment tool at the younger ages. I thought I also heard that they agreed to jump back in once Presidio and the Surf Cup folks agreed to let the league use the fields.

This didn't really happen since almost all of Surf's games were in SD or South OC. If anything, this is a problem SD teams in CSL had to deal with.

Makes sense since Surf played in the Mayors (rec) division at State Cup.

2 or 3 boys' teams in the 07/08 age range is probably not indicative of much. From what I've seen, they had about as many teams in the President's finals as they did in the entire Mayor's draw.

2 or 3 boys' teams in the 07/08 age range is probably not indicative of much. From what I've seen, they had about as many teams in the President's finals as they did in the entire Mayor's draw.

Years ago the youngest Surf boys teams were usually near the bottom of league and tournament standings. Then after the recruiting machine had been working for a few years, they got better. But that was years ago, before Surf had the attraction of an Academy team at the top of their ladder to draw in candidates.

I agree, other than that Surf means that you could be playing in the rec league, or a the highest level, much like most other clubs. I know some Surf parents that spend over $5,000 a year to have their kids play for Surf, and their kids play in lower divisions than most Matrix teams. But be sure, they have a sticker on their car.

I agree, other than that Surf means that you could be playing in the rec league, or a the highest level, much like most other clubs. I know some Surf parents that spend over $5,000 a year to have their kids play for Surf, and their kids play in lower divisions than most Matrix teams. But be sure, they have a sticker on their car.

Where do you get $5k/year? just curious... that seems pretty outrageous... and at youngers? And hehe, if I paid that much damn right I'd put that sticker on my car! =)

Very interesting but how is it bad economics now for them to make the switch back? Or bad Econ to stay in SCDSl?
Good economics to come back. It was bad enough when they first made the switch, then the number of players per team at the younger ages, hard go pay for the travel and coaches with less players.

Surf doesn't have the best history with the leagues, I doubt they will change. Half of there u13 and above teams mat end up in ecnl or da anyway.

Back