Real So Cal is now LAFC So Cal Youth

[
I am not sure what it will add anything to our girls side but the uniforms should look better and it is potentially cool for our boys..........I think Slammers two ECNL teams will go to something like red and white for next season like @Scoop182 said.....

Will be interesting to see what happens, could be nothing major since technically they have two teams in ECNL now, so as you say it could just be team 1, 2 or maroon white, similar to what they have in SCDSL in same flight. Congrats to the boys side!

[

Will be interesting to see what happens, could be nothing major since technically they have two teams in ECNL now, so as you say it could just be team 1, 2 or maroon white, similar to what they have in SCDSL in same flight. Congrats to the boys side!
I don't think this is big news for the boys side any more than it is for the girls side. This is just an affiliation agreement, much like LA Galaxy South Bay or LA Galaxy San Diego was just an agreement. They may provide some kind of "tryout day" for the MLS Next teams, but the top players could get scouted with or without this affiliation and this won't give the middling players any more of a look than they would have had before. It also wasn't necessary to give RSC "access" to MLS Next, since, as another poster noted, RSC turned it down last Spring because AB didn't like playing second fiddle to the MLS teams in DA and the club wanted their girls in ECNL.

Of course, it's ironic that the whole club is now voluntarily placing themselves in second fiddle status, of a sorts, but it's not in a way that actually matters on the field since their top boys teams will be able to compete for the playoffs etc in Boys ECNL and there won't be MLS teams threatening to break off and form their own division. If Boys ECNL is too weak to help their top players because the best ones leave for clubs (MLS and non-MLS) in the MLS Next league, then I expect they'll just try to move their top teams to MLS Next themselves.

If you're looking for a comparison, one is Orlando City Youth, which is affiliated with the Orlando City MLS team (i.e., has licensed the name, like RSC, and gotten a commitment of some theoretical coaching/training "help"), but has it's own teams in both ECNL and MLS Next. Another example is Houston Dynamo Youth, which is also an affiliate of the Houston Dynamo MLS team, but has its own teams in MLS Next (as Houston Dynamo Unidos) and Boys ECNL.

I don't think this is big news for the boys side any more than it is for the girls side. This is just an affiliation agreement, much like LA Galaxy South Bay or LA Galaxy San Diego was just an agreement. They may provide some kind of "tryout day" for the MLS Next teams, but the top players could get scouted with or without this affiliation and this won't give the middling players any more of a look than they would have had before. It also wasn't necessary to give RSC "access" to MLS Next, since, as another poster noted, RSC turned it down last Spring because AB didn't like playing second fiddle to the MLS teams in DA and the club wanted their girls in ECNL.

Of course, it's ironic that the whole club is now voluntarily placing themselves in second fiddle status, of a sorts, but it's not in a way that actually matters on the field since their top boys teams will be able to compete for the playoffs etc in Boys ECNL and there won't be MLS teams threatening to break off and form their own division. If Boys ECNL is too weak to help their top players because the best ones leave for clubs (MLS and non-MLS) in the MLS Next league, then I expect they'll just try to move their top teams to MLS Next themselves.

If you're looking for a comparison, one is Orlando City Youth, which is affiliated with the Orlando City MLS team (i.e., has licensed the name, like RSC, and gotten a commitment of some theoretical coaching/training "help"), but has it's own teams in both ECNL and MLS Next. Another example is Houston Dynamo Youth, which is also an affiliate of the Houston Dynamo MLS team, but has its own teams in MLS Next (as Houston Dynamo Unidos) and Boys ECNL.
excellent point , to think that its anything more that this is a long shot. RSC just by proximity had lost their top players to both LA MLS teams.
I personally didnt think that RSC at the age group my kid plays in was a strong team, the difference between LAFC / Galaxy was night a day from the Real team.
Good luck to RSC and their top players , I hope this works out for everyone.

What about the 05s that have been Pats GA and ECRL this year and DPL last year?
I don't know that team specifically. If they were Pats LA, they'll be part of this (and you should have been invited to the zoom meeting on Monday), if not, then they aren't (is my understanding).

Back