Real So Cal is now LAFC So Cal Youth

get the upside to LAFC but curious about RSC's rationale. Pandemic impact?

plus, organizationally, only three RSC staffers - AB, Zach and Davila - currently listed on LAFC YSC website.

LAFC finally got a deal done for a youth club affiliation, been trying to work one out for almost two years now, came close with TFA but fell apart almost at the last minute.

Slammers deal on the girls is pretty much just a names only for $$ offering now and it will likely run out without a renew.

Old real socal has evolved and morphed once again, likely a good long term move for them as The LAFC name is a better seller and gives them some selling points for players that desire to move to the next levels.

For LAFC they get paid and now have a broader reach, some new fans at the same time, while promoting the brand to youths.

Let's see what LAFC does with the takeover off the Las Vegas nights in the USL, that one is going to be interesting.

LAFC finally got a deal done for a youth club affiliation, been trying to work one out for almost two years now, came close with TFA but fell apart almost at the last minute.

Slammers deal on the girls is pretty much just a names only for $$ offering now and it will likely run out without a renew.

Old real socal has evolved and morphed once again, likely a good long term move for them as The LAFC name is a better seller and gives them some selling points for players that desire to move to the next levels.

For LAFC they get paid and now have a broader reach, some new fans at the same time, while promoting the brand to youths.

Let's see what LAFC does with the takeover off the Las Vegas nights in the USL, that one is going to be interesting.
Agree! Great move for the boys. Girls, no real impact.

While there is something to be said about the quality you get with a smaller club, I can see why there are more mergers happening to compete with the mega clubs. I hope it works out well for them. I know both clubs typically field some pretty good competitive teams.

Gives a pathway for players in north part of county to get on higher level teams and possibly to academy.

Will Slammers now carry 2 teams in ECNL, given they technically have 2 now (LAFC/slammers) in each age group? Maybe slammers red and white?

Will Slammers now carry 2 teams in ECNL, given they technically have 2 now (LAFC/slammers) in each age group? Maybe slammers red and white?

This was brought up earlier in the thread, but hearing it as well...
LAFC Slammers contract expires and most likely not renewed for next season. (Not sure what Slammers will become? Go back to Slammers FC?)
So LAFC So Cal Youth (Real So Cal) will have the ECNL teams (one team per age group)

I am not sure what it will add anything to our girls side but the uniforms should look better and it is potentially cool for our boys..........I think Slammers two ECNL teams will go to something like red and white for next season like @Scoop182 said.....

I am not sure what it will add anything to our girls side but the uniforms should look better and it is potentially cool for our boys..........I think Slammers two ECNL teams will go to something like red and white for next season like @Scoop182 said.....
Back in the Day Slammers had Maroon and White...likely we will see that again.

Seems like it gives LAFC access to ECNL in the valley but what I want to know does that give RSC an opportunity to now have an mls team for northern la county? Would love to see a second team formed liked la surf has.

LAFC is not concerned with ECxx access and RSC could have been in MLS Next if they wanted to or want to.

LAFC is still only going to be fielding one team per age group in NEXT.

Socal Youth will have teams in ECXx, NPL, maybe Socal (SCDSL) and EA. There is only so many players per age group so the 2nd-4th teams will be Socal Youth.

Name changes and they get better uniform which will cost more. Some of the LAFC coaches will be around once a month or something like that and there will be a Socal youth night at the stadium once fans can back in with numbers

Back