Preseason DA Rankings 04

Yes, it has always been true that there is less pressure and more freedom when they are playing on the B team.

Playing on a B team... lol. This certainly depends on your geography. Remember SoCal is all in on GDA. You've spread your talent to thin.

And really, one game a weekend hardly cuts into anyone's social schedule. She has more free time on the weekends now than she ever has playing club soccer.

I think what MarkM is saying is that there are a lot of ECNL parents hating on GDA constantly and without let up. Why? If you don't like it, then just don't play GDA and stick with ECNL. What's the big deal? GDA is not for everyone. Heck, club soccer is not for everyone.

Your one the few who believes that GDA is less of a time commitment. It's not really a big deal. Just addressing remarks made previously by @MarkM to which he clarified. Agree club soccer definitely isn't for everyone and like you said Neither is GDA.

6) already committed to college
7) already in National Pool
8) wants to play with friends
9) loyalty to the club that developed them
Top 4 were 80 percent and this was a 04 post --- already committed to a college?? And on National Team 04? Not too many can say that. I agree there are several more reasons but HONESTLY 80 percent fall in one of these 4 categories that state they dislike DA.

Two very interesting posts were deleted from this thread. I saw them because they were sent to me. Does the admin delete items or can you delete it as a simple unpaid user?
The posts that were deleted were very informative and spoke to some recent happenings in our DA

Saw your team play two Surf Cup's ago. Great style of play.
Thank you. That first Surf Cup championship was a great experience for our girls and families. We feel fortunate to be in the situation we are in today. Good luck to you and your player this season.

I thought you had to be a premium member to delete multiple posts?
I would like to know more about the abusive, drunk DA coach? Is this speculation or is someone back on the bottle?
I hope this post isn’t deleted.
@charger I was only making a general comment based on coaches that have previously been discussed on this forum. Obviously you know something based on your word chose. So why don't you be a man for once and say what you know as long as it is reliable and not speculation. Who fell off the wagon? (I can speculate based on which DA coach was on the wagon but I have not heard anything because I am out of the loop having older children.) You love gossip so spill it.

Playing on a B team... lol. This certainly depends on your geography. Remember SoCal is all in on GDA. You've spread your talent to thin.
Agreed. And some of these "B" teams that he's referring to have the talent, technical ability, style of play and coaching to beat any of those so-called "A" teams on any given day.:)

Why would a "National Team Parent" whose kid is already there be obsessed with being in GDA? The geographic limitations apparently haven't hurt their player, they haven't given up everything to try to make the cut, they are still playing at high level in ECNL, and they still get to be teenage girls. @MarkM your logic seems kinda off to me.
Why? Playing against the best consistently is fun and improves your game.

Honestly, I don't hear ECNL parents complaining. Their DD now get to do EVERYTHING that GDA players can't. So, I see the exact opposite. GDA parents are trying to convince themselves that it's worth the sacrifice. No high school, no social life, nothing more than soccer. I understand if GDA is in your backyard makes total sense. I Understand if your player is that 1%. However, commuting long distances four times a week is asinine.
No high school? DD has plenty of social life, dances, sleepovers, too much social media :), volunteers through church, two really good hobbies, great grades. Don't quite understand where people are thinking there is nothing but soccer, soccer is her passion by far but she still has plenty of time for other things including too much TV!

@charger I was only making a general comment based on coaches that have previously been discussed on this forum. Obviously you know something based on your word chose. So why don't you be a man for once and say what you know as long as it is reliable and not speculation. Who fell off the wagon? (I can speculate based on which DA coach was on the wagon but I have not heard anything because I am out of the loop having older children.) You love gossip so spill it.

I thought you knew something based on YOUR word choice, and since it was deleted maybe you didnt want to open that can of worms. Or that once again anything negative about surf was deleted by the powers that be. As anti surf as you are I assumed you were talking about a coach who has previously had issues with alcoholism.

Why? Playing against the best consistently is fun and improves your game.

The best.... you all HAD the best. You have oversaturated your market. Those of us not there sit back and wonder what is it that you all are chasing. You have great talent and now they are spread over ~20 teams as opposed to the previous ~8.

I thought you knew something based on YOUR word choice, and since it was deleted maybe you didnt want to open that can of worms. Or that once again anything negative about surf was deleted by the powers that be. As anti surf as you are I assumed you were talking about a coach who has previously had issues with alcoholism.
None of my posts were deleted.

I am ant-a lot of clubs or more specifically greed at the expense of children, lying to parents, bad demeaning coaches, etc. I have also said positive things about Surf, specifically about Gabe and Gary. I don't know who is still there on the boys side.

Now that you mention Surf I know exactly who you are talking about. I am saddened if true. He did great at the other club we knew him at. Surf must drive people to drink.

None of my posts were deleted.

I am ant-a lot of clubs or more specifically greed at the expense of children, lying to parents, bad demeaning coaches, etc. I have also said positive things about Surf, specifically about Gabe and Gary. I don't know who is still there on the boys side.

Now that you mention Surf I know exactly who you are talking about. I am saddened if true. He did great at the other club we knew him at. Surf must drive people to drink.

I see now it wasn’t deleted. Either i had too much whiskey last night, or the coffee I just had this morning woke me up.

There are rumors surrounding that coach. I know that he is abusive but don’t know for sure that he’s a drunk. I doubt that we will have a surf parent chime in to tell us if it is true.

Back