Preseason DA Rankings 04

Honestly loaded question. I am competitive but don't feel the competitive or ranking vibe this year. I legitimately do not believe one team should be 1. I legitimately feel that you have a "first wave" that can beat each other on any given day, you have a second wave that in time (2-4 months) will be impressive and you have a third wave that in a year will be. Also due to the dilution I personally know several people may be at a lower team for their DD to have maximum play time and exposure due to sub rules etc. several stars "forego" the brand to be at a place where DD will play 100 and they know it's going to be a mid level W/L record.
The rosters speak volumes- some teams are total 2022! Huge difference between size even at this age.
1. I think there are way too many changes.
2. I don't think you will see who these teams actually are until the second half of he season which is Feb on. Everyone I know has daughters being moved around, tinkered, trying to gel with a new mid or forward etc
3. Coaches are experimenting with style of play. At our practices there has been an extremely concerted effort to stop the natural long ball to the forward. I don't want to get into another philosophical argument but I think in the "trying to play a certain way" quest you will see the pace change
4. Fatigue and overuse may contribute here. I heard so much about how the fourth day wouldn't change anything because "elite players are already doing the extra work". Guess what? It has because four days conditioning and at practice mentality changes you too! I think Aug to Dec is still way too early to say anything

If you would have asked me three months ago I would have said oh that's easy Slammers and Legends. Now, waters are just much more muddied due to movements.

By the way no guesting, no recruiting. I am more curious how teams who have built themselves in recruiting only will be able to handle this transition? I was told we are to have no contact, and if approached this is an issue?
Will they now just backdoor cold call parents to move them to a new DA next summer?

That's what I believe- this year is Just an experiment but the same fools who can't coach will be trying to build their new 04 super team for the next season by recruiting. Hopefully protections are in place to protect the girls for once.

Honestly loaded question. I am competitive but don't feel the competitive or ranking vibe this year. I legitimately do not believe one team should be 1. I legitimately feel that you have a "first wave" that can beat each other on any given day, you have a second wave that in time (2-4 months) will be impressive and you have a third wave that in a year will be. Also due to the dilution I personally know several people may be at a lower team for their DD to have maximum play time and exposure due to sub rules etc. several stars "forego" the brand to be at a place where DD will play 100 and they know it's going to be a mid level W/L record.
The rosters speak volumes- some teams are total 2022! Huge difference between size even at this age.
1. I think there are way too many changes.
2. I don't think you will see who these teams actually are until the second half of he season which is Feb on. Everyone I know has daughters being moved around, tinkered, trying to gel with a new mid or forward etc
3. Coaches are experimenting with style of play. At our practices there has been an extremely concerted effort to stop the natural long ball to the forward. I don't want to get into another philosophical argument but I think in the "trying to play a certain way" quest you will see the pace change
4. Fatigue and overuse may contribute here. I heard so much about how the fourth day wouldn't change anything because "elite players are already doing the extra work". Guess what? It has because four days conditioning and at practice mentality changes you too! I think Aug to Dec is still way too early to say anything

If you would have asked me three months ago I would have said oh that's easy Slammers and Legends. Now, waters are just much more muddied due to movements.

By the way no guesting, no recruiting. I am more curious how teams who have built themselves in recruiting only will be able to handle this transition? I was told we are to have no contact, and if approached this is an issue?
Will they now just backdoor cold call parents to move them to a new DA next summer?

That's what I believe- this year is Just an experiment but the same fools who can't coach will be trying to build their new 04 super team for the next season by recruiting. Hopefully protections are in place to protect the girls for once.

Very well said, definitely a different vibe out there on the pitch with quite a few DA teams. Time will tell, but hoping you're on the money with this one. See you out there on the pitch everyone!

1. Surf
2. Real So Cal
3. Beach
4. Blues
5. Legends
6. LAGSD
7. West Coast
8. Eagles
9. Slammers
10. LA Galaxy
11. Del Sol
12. Pats
13. LA Premier
14. Albion

I would consider Legends higher. They just signed our club's top striker and I heard they beat Beach 5-2 in a scrimmage yesterday. Scrimmages are a poor barometer, but so is ranking teams that haven't even played a single game. Maybe flip flop those two.

Are you IE Surf Premier or some other club?

I would consider Legends higher. They just signed our club's top striker and I heard they beat Beach 5-2 in a scrimmage yesterday. Scrimmages are a poor barometer, but so is ranking teams that haven't even played a single game. Maybe flip flop those two.
Is this the striker that played Man city with surf?

I'd assume that most teams within the 04 DA have improved over any results from last year. Legends appears pretty stacked (Arsenal 2.0) w/ some other fine additions. Quite a bit of movement all over So Cal. Rankings are pretty silly right now. Time will tell. Two weeks away!

1. Surf
2. Real So Cal
3. Beach
4. Blues
5. Legends
6. LAGSD
7. West Coast
8. Eagles
9. Slammers
10. LA Galaxy
11. Del Sol
12. Pats
13. LA Premier
14. Albion
Saw most teams this summer. Was not overly impressed with any teams. A lot of parody - NFL would love this. Most games could have 1 goal varience either way. A few of the top non-DA would be on this list. MVLA would tie/slightly above top spot. Heat, Arsenal, San Jose (DA) would be tied for second spots. Slammers Segovia and ECNL would be just a small step below the second spot.

1. Surf
2tie. Slammers, Beach, Legends, West Coast, LA Galaxy SD, Blues, Real SoCal, Eagles.
3tie. Del Sol, LA Premier, Albion, Pats.

There could be some slight changes as we go. A few of the 2's could move up to 1's and a 3 could move to the 2 slot.

Saw most teams this summer. Was not overly impressed with any teams. A lot of parody - NFL would love this. Most games could have 1 goal varience either way. A few of the top non-DA would be on this list. MVLA would tie/slightly above top spot. Heat, Arsenal, San Jose (DA) would be tied for second spots. Slammers Segovia and ECNL would be just a small step below the second spot.

1. Surf
2tie. Slammers, Beach, Legends, West Coast, LA Galaxy SD, Blues, Real SoCal, Eagles.
3tie. Del Sol, LA Premier, Albion, Pats.

There could be some slight changes as we go. A few of the 2's could move up to 1's and a 3 could move to the 2 slot.
This sounds about right to me. LAGSB was missing, I'd put them and Eagles in mid to lower 2nd or high 3rd.

But like you said.....Not enough games to really say anything with conviction.

I'd assume that most teams within the 04 DA have improved over any results from last year. Legends appears pretty stacked (Arsenal 2.0) w/ some other fine additions. Quite a bit of movement all over So Cal. Rankings are pretty silly right now. Time will tell. Two weeks away!

Any ranking should be based on the supposed objectives of the DA: development and style of play. Any kick ball team should be placed last in a ranking.

I agree that Legends I thought would be 1 back in June. I still believe they are pound for pound stacked.
I completely disagree with how the previous posters have ranked these teams- it's like they don't know whose on them.
Ignore it!

I agree that Legends I thought would be 1 back in June. I still believe they are pound for pound stacked.
I completely disagree with how the previous posters have ranked these teams- it's like they don't know whose on them.
Ignore it!
Agree with Legends on paper...how would you rank them? Have you seen all/many of the teams this summer? Also, since this is about development what do people feel the best developmental program is in DA - ie coaching. Majority seem very good.

If you rank via Style of Play:

1. Surf
2. Beach
3. Real So Cal
4. LAGSD
5. West Coast
6. Del Sol
7. LA Galaxy
8. LA Premier
9. Blues
10. Eagles
11. Slammers
12. Pats
13. Legends
14. Albion

Dear Beebs- lay off the alcohol and ladies and come back to reality.
You are posting about last years teams.
Last year your rankings I would agree with.
All you are doing is showing me you have not seen reloaded teams .
Again bias showing through.
I may assume the Tech Spec angle myself since I have no bias with these teams at all!

Back