Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports guidance

lafalafa

PREMIER
Outdoor and Indoor Youth and Recreational Adult Sports guidance

Soccer permitted once in orange tier but not before January 25th 2021

Teams must not participate in out-of-state tournaments; several multistate outbreaks have been reported in CA residents and around the nation.

Corn hole it is.

Of all the ridiculous things California has put out, this might be at the top of the list. The entire list is based upon speculation, not science or statistics. Looks like Ghaly was throwing darts deciding what fits into each category.

Orange is 1-3.9 / 100,000.
Masks must be worn to play games regardless of category, correct?

This seems to rule out contact in training so the 6 foot rule seems to apply until 1/25. If this is correct it would push high school football into the 2nd week of February if they need 10 days of practice before playing any games.

Youth and adult sports are classified below by their level of contact and transmission risk. This classification applies to competition or training/practice with others. It does not apply to individual conditioning or exercise.

The masks issue is interesting. It says they “should” be worn when playing and “must” be worn when on the sidelines. So I guess you don’t have to wear one when playing.
I read that to mean that the "should" is due to an out where the mask is a hazard. You can't safely wear a mask playing water polo, but you can while on the bench. I take it to refer mainly to watersports as being an exception.

I read that to mean that the "should" is due to an out where the mask is a hazard. You can't safely wear a mask playing water polo, but you can while on the bench. I take it to refer mainly to watersports as being an exception.
There is definitely room for interpretation. To me I read it as a recommendation.

There is definitely room for interpretation. To me I read it as a recommendation.

Yes same but depends on how counties or city heath revises there own guidance now as a result of this update. Some like LA may require them at all times.

Glad my boy also runs track, now that he knows hitting the treadmill as I type.

Good the state released a interim something?

Soccer has been misclassified, to put it in the same risk as football or high risk is misguided. Changes since the November drafts now include harsher measures and the soccer lobby has let us down big time.

The travel not suggestions will be taken with a grain of salt

Just glad doesn't include collegiate or pro sports since there is good money in that and the virus knows $ cures all.

Of all the ridiculous things California has put out, this might be at the top of the list. The entire list is based upon speculation, not science or statistics. Looks like Ghaly was throwing darts deciding what fits into each category.
Flounder, I love you man!!! Nice ride your bro had too....lol!!!

Does soccer have to wait for their given county to be in the "ORANGE TIER" to be cleared ?

Yes unfortunately and somehow soccer was moved to higher risk instead of medium like it was originally with baseball.

Not sure if this is just a interim release, seems like it is with talk of Jan revisions and this is some kind of letter or draft. Will the governor or heath dept head release or talk about this?

Permitted Youth and Recreational Adult Sports by County Tier seems to cover that question.

Local health departments and school districts may have stricter rules and should be consulted to confirm what is allowed.

Well if CIF follows these guidelines the only sports that have any chance this year are the ones in tier one (Purple) and maybe (Red). Even when the numbers were low at the end of summer there weren't any So Cal counties in the Orange Tier. That's too bad for so many kids...freshman their first experience in HS and Seniors, many who will never wear a jersey or play competitively again, they definitely lose out the most.

yup. Distancing in dodgeball is the same as volleyball but dodgeball was lower category. Soccer and football in same category but cheer is lower category. Waterpolo in soccer category but masks in the pool. Some people just clearly have a better lobby than we do.

There are only three categories. Yes, the highest contact sport in each category will be higher risk than the lowest contact sport in each category.

Did you want them to wait another 3 months to get exact scientific evidence on every sport known to man, or did you want them to publish a decent set of rules so we knew what to plan for?

We wanted them to do something kind of like Washington. They did. Why are we complaining about it?

Guess my kid is running track at school. They put girls Lacrosse and boys lacrosse in different categories? Do they have different rules? I thought Lacrosse was more physical than soccer? Indoor basketball is never happening. How football and soccer can be put in the same category is absurd. Blocking and tackling. Sheesh.

Back