Opinions on todays transgender players?

Of course I do, I don't care what the gay community does, but don't push it on normal people. Especially kids.
And here I thought I was done with this 'Normal' people? Keep it from kids? Thank you for going back & making point again... you're talking about families and people, many of whom are more 'normal' than some of the hetetosexual families out there...

You don't know any gay people, do you? I think you're just saying that the behavior is embarrassing for YOU.

Talk about embarrassing yourself, below are your post....

Thank heavens the parents of that little girl are not as closed minded as you are.

God doesn't make mistakes right

These are the same people that would have balked at their child playing with African American children in the 50s, and gay children in the 90s. Let's hope that with our children's generation comes more enlightenment.

Considering Trump still has an approval rating of about 35% you can't be shocked at ignorance anymore.

It's like when they said allowing gay marriage would somehow damage the institution of marriage. The world isn't going to fall apart because your child may compete against a transgender child.

But you are supposed to HATE her for being transgender. That is their point.

All that tolerance coming from you is just obvious...

And here I thought I was done with this 'Normal' people? Keep it from kids? Thank you for going back & making point again... you're talking about families and people, many of whom are more 'normal' than some of the hetetosexual families out there...
I am sorry, but being gay is not normal. I didn't say it is bad. Your PCism is getting in the way of rational, unemotional thought.

Could you difine normal?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

Do you mean normal = like you or most others? Wouldn't that imply that any minority group is not normal?
I am not bashing gays, I like wez and husker, I bet they make a cute couple.

normal
  1. 1.
    conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
    "it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food"
    synonyms: usual, standard, ordinary, customary, conventional, habitual, accustomed, expected, wonted

1) I see your attempt at dramatizing the opposing view to make it seem ridiculous, but in most cases you would really just need to check their birth certificate, most states will only allow birth certificate changes after reassignment surgery, rendering genital checks unnecessary. But again, to me it's not an issue about actual gender so long as she/he is playing at the right level, which leads to #2.

2) exactly, I don't think most people care in this situation. Seems like more people have an issue when there is more attention drawn to it and it becomes more about making a statement for transgender rights, etc... than about the game. to me it seems like it was rarely ever an issue in North Carolina until someone tried to force people to allow transgendered people into the other bathrooms (which to me is obvious, if you're dressed and look like a woman and not looking for trouble, just go in the women's bathroom, do your business and be done just like everyone else!) - if everyone just went about their business, it would've been fine with rare exception. Wasn't the whole point of it to draw less attention to transgendered? And yet somehow it became a national issue that's dividing the country - and all over a very small percentage of the population.

3) again, see my post above that you blindly rated "dumb" - in all those cases, significantly bigger/stronger/faster/genetics, all those parents would most likely play their kids up if they could. And if they didn't, you'd probably hear parents bitching on the sidelines about that player as well if they were just clearly above their peers.

4) again, not sure why you rated the idea that so long as they fit in competitively it was fine as a dumb idea... it would appear to me that your goal is to force society to accept the idea of transgendered and less about soccer and fair competition. From my experience, the more you try to force people to your views or change their mind, the more pushback you're going to get. is your goal for the transgendered person to get a chance to play soccer or to make a statement?
Well said.

So, while I personally dont have an issue w my kids being exposed to this at an early age, I do understand and respect those that do. My kids have been aware of the fact that people exist that are different from them in a variety of ways, including sexuality, and they're ok and accepting of that. But using a more exteme example of 'kindergarden' probably isn't a very fair test to apply to this discussion.

I am not bashing gays, I like wez and husker, I bet they make a cute couple.

normal
  1. 1.
    conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
    "it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food"
    synonyms: usual, standard, ordinary, customary, conventional, habitual, accustomed, expected, wonted
Now apply that to topic at hand, human sexuality...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/living-single/201111/what-counts-normal?amp

Do you think you or others you know are 'normal'? Do you think they're just like everyone else?

Now apply that to topic at hand, human sexuality...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/living-single/201111/what-counts-normal?amp

Do you think you or others you know are 'normal'? Do you think they're just like everyone else?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0ahUKEwjj0Pq8_uvVAhVYzmMKHV3xDawQFghmMAE&url=https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/normal&usg=AFQjCNFhKNwChze9yfpeHLpxLbJKYPn-9Q

There's nothing wrong with not being in the norm.
Just accept it, and deal with it.

So, while I personally dont have an issue w my kids being exposed to this at an early age, I do understand and respect those that do. My kids have been aware of the fact that people exist that are different from them in a variety of ways, including sexuality, and they're ok and accepting of that. But using a more exteme example of 'kindergarden' probably isn't a very fair test to apply to this discussion.
The article was from today.
I am not and never have kept my kids from being around, hanging out with anyone. Race or sexuality.

I clicked ignore on those guys many hours ago, but am enjoying your posts. I can only imagine the stupid arguments coming from the other side.
Ignoring people on a forum is like a certain kind of bliss. If everyone on this board ignored the 5 or so recurrent trolls (we all know who they are) , they would be neutered and this forum would be a normal place to visit and talk soccer,including referees.

Ignoring people on a forum is like a certain kind of bliss. If everyone on this board ignored the 5 or so recurrent trolls (we all know who they are) , they would be neutered and this forum would be a normal place to visit and talk soccer,including referees.
Hard to disagree... unfortunately this also makes it hard to influence others or have a civil discussion w/ opposing pov's...

Back