Need help with a forfeit.

It is my understanding that duplicate player cards are not allowed or severely frowned upon. Why? If a player commits Assault or Referee Abuse, or the card is suspected to be falsified, then the card is to be held by the Referee and surrendered to the league or Cal South. Having a duplicate set of cards in the wild breaks the system.
Exactly. Two cards would facilitate fraud. I'm not sure if there is a specific ban upon it or it is merely considered an ethical violation that would get the registrar in trouble if they print out a duplicate card without an affidavit of a lost or destroyed card or something like that.

The real solution is electronic cards and we're not far away from that.

"The system" includes reporting of red cards along with the scores so that everyone in the league (including your opponents) knows who got them.
Cal South does cards, not the leagues. With two cards, you could enter two kids into two different Cal South sanctioned tournaments under the same player name/card.

Our club will not issue a second set of player cards. I know many managers have made the request but it's always turned down. If the manager forgets them we are out of luck.

Just tell a little white lie and tell them the cards were lost. I don't know why they wouldn't issue another set. My wife and another mom were co-team managers for one of my DD teams and each of them had a complete set of coaches and players cards.

Just tell a little white lie and tell them the cards were lost. I don't know why they wouldn't issue another set. My wife and another mom were co-team managers for one of my DD teams and each of them had a complete set of coaches and players cards.
Perhaps Cal South came down on this practice. Registrars refuse.

Exactly. Two cards would facilitate fraud. I'm not sure if there is a specific ban upon it or it is merely considered an ethical violation that would get the registrar in trouble if they print out a duplicate card without an affidavit of a lost or destroyed card or something like that.

The real solution is electronic cards and we're not far away from that.

Electronic cards or having the picture on the roster like Presidio would be the way to go.

The cards are printed on the master stock provided by CalSouth, it was my understanding from our registrar (4-5 years ago) that they started to limit the amount of blank card stock they would give the clubs.

But I have never heard of a club/registrar printing 2 sets of CalSouth cards. Now I used to also carry a set of US Club cards but that wouldn't help for league.

That's illegal anyway. What point are you trying to make here?
There are things that are illegal that are hard to detect when they occur, so procedures are developed to make it harder to do them. For example, it's illegal to burglarize a house, but people still lock their doors to make it more difficult for people to do it.

Sounds like you think I have an agenda. Not only don't I, but I can't even imagine what that agenda would be in this case. I'm just explaining why I think a policy seems to be in place.

I think duplicate cards are $10 each. I lost a guest player's over the summer and that's what I paid to get another made, and it only took a couple days, before it was in-hand.

Not I would never and have never done this for teams that I have managed, but just to play it safe, I suppose someone could scan each card before it is laminated and the print/laminate a new one if it were lost or damaged...

At any rate, as others have said, you would have been fine in Presidio. You might have had to convince the referee to call his assignor, league or association higher-up to confirm it, but we are allowed to check-in players using our cell phone. The referee would only know this if they went to association meetings, and not that many do. The photos appear much better on the phone than on the cards.

It really falls on the TA at the end of the day. Since a TA is allowed to sign the Game Card I always made sure I was the one to sign the card and get my cards back so the coach could speak with the players after the game. Last thing before leaving the house/field is verifying the cards are in my backpack and my backpack is in the car.
That being said..I could see the losing coach trying to pull crap after his/her team got beat. Would they have protested if they'd won? Probably not.
To the OP...why not just out the coach/team so we know what a little b!+€# the coach is...just a thought. :D

I don't think anyone was saying that it's hard. The OP was just asking if there was anything that could be done now that the other coach went douchebag and filed a protest over a technicality. I was a manager for several years and made sure that I kept the cards in a zipper pouch with my name on it because someone told me about a similar horror story. But I did once have to race back home from halfway to Palmdale because I'd left them in the driveway while I was packing the car, so yeah, sh#t happens. Unfortunately, @socalkdg, looks like this one will have to be chalked up under "life lesson" for the TA and coach.
Sounds like it. Looks like our coach might get a chance to meet the CSL board to discuss. Protest might not have been proper, plus the referees were good with what was supplied to them. Our coach will state his case. With the way CSL promotes and demotes based on record, wins sometimes take more importance then maybe they should. Sad that both teams girls have to go through this because for some reason this coach wants (or needs?) this win. I know I wouldn't be happy to get the win after losing based off of a technicality. Still happy with that game. My kid did some new things that she hadn't as a keeper, just keep on growing as a player.

That being said..I could see the losing coach trying to pull crap after his/her team got beat. Would they have protested if they'd won? Probably not.
To the OP...why not just out the coach/team so we know what a little b!+€# the coach is...just a thought. :D
I like it, but won't(at least not until our coach has a chance to chat with Coast Soccer). Plus I've seen you guys here on this board, you can figure out what team my daughter is on, who we played this past weekend, and what team it was we played. o_O;)

I like it, but won't(at least not until our coach has a chance to chat with Coast Soccer). Plus I've seen you guys here on this board, you can figure out what team my daughter is on, who we played this past weekend, and what team it was we played. o_O;)
Yes his first post has all the clues you need to figure it out.

Maybe you should call the coach tonight & make sure he has the correct cards for tomorrow's rematch. Good luck - the girls are probably amped up for this one.

This is just a result of a poorly designed system. CalSouth still insists that only player cards can be used to identify players, when they could offer an online check procedure as a backup. At least your situation was just a league game.
There’s always a moron that will blame the system. The coaches, admins and refs should pay attention to something so important. Simply put, the admins/coaches should always check before walking off.

Back