Need help with a forfeit.

socalkdg

PREMIER

Played Saturday. When referee returned the player cards to each team, they were given back to the wrong teams. Both coaches put them away, not realising they had the wrong cards. Next day we have a game, give the cards, notice they are the wrong ones. I believe they get birth certificates, check each girl, and eventually sign off on the game and let it proceed. 2-0 win and score gets posted. Monday the game is changed to a forfeit and a 1-0 loss since they didn't have player cards.

Can anything be done, or is this just a life lesson for our coaches and girls. The other team with our cards wasn't playing Sunday and we are exchanging player cards with them Tuesday. Pretty sure the parents and coaches are more upset then the girls, which is the norm, isn't it.

This is just a result of a poorly designed system. CalSouth still insists that only player cards can be used to identify players, when they could offer an online check procedure as a backup. At least your situation was just a league game.

Sounds like they did their due diligence to have the game proceed as scheduled. Maybe Cal South can trust in the officials they hire as well.

This is just a result of a poorly designed system. CalSouth still insists that only player cards can be used to identify players, when they could offer an online check procedure as a backup. At least your situation was just a league game.
Note sure what league this is, but Presidio allows teams to check in via the affinity online card system, or using the Game Roster. It seems very few people know this.

Played Saturday. When referee returned the player cards to each team, they were given back to the wrong teams. Both coaches put them away, not realising they had the wrong cards. Next day we have a game, give the cards, notice they are the wrong ones. I believe they get birth certificates, check each girl, and eventually sign off on the game and let it proceed. 2-0 win and score gets posted. Monday the game is changed to a forfeit and a 1-0 loss since they didn't have player cards.

Can anything be done, or is this just a life lesson for our coaches and girls. The other team with our cards wasn't playing Sunday and we are exchanging player cards with them Tuesday. Pretty sure the parents and coaches are more upset then the girls, which is the norm, isn't it.

What league?

Note sure what league this is, but Presidio allows teams to check in via the affinity online card system, or using the Game Roster. It seems very few people know this.

The interesting thing is that the feature is already available in the Affinity system and requires no work by anyone to utilize it. If you're a team administrator (coach, manager, etc) all you have to do is login to your account here http://home.sportsaffinity.com/m/pass/index.aspx click on the roster of your team and any one of your players and their digital card comes up. It even has the Cal South logo and everything. That being said, some leagues may not even know this is an option (I don't think it's been widely publicized). The only issues would be when you are borrowing players from another team as they can't login to their account and see their own individual card. You'd still have to get the hard copy.

CSL is the league. Turns out the other coach filed a protest even though the referee's had approved us. 2nd time the team has lost to us, all the same players for us, less two that were hurt. They still haven't scored. Well, now they did with the protest. :)

How hard is it to look at your cards when you receive them? I am a manager and trust me...it takes just a second to look at the cards they hand you after the game is over.

Sometimes I get the cards directly...but most of the time they hand it to the coach. That said as soon as the game is over I head over. As soon as the coach gets the cards...I grab them and look. Sunday I was missing a couple (I also count them if they take them off the ring). Found them immediately.

Drive the bus.

As a retired 10 year team manager this shit happens.

Rule #1: NEVER LET THE COACH BE IN CHARGE OF THE CARDS!

Couple years into being a manager I created a leave the field checklist for myself. The last item on the list was to verify I had my cards before I closed the trunk of the car. I put the cards on a lanyard and would wear them around my neck until I put everything in the trunk and last thing in was the cards. (Similar procedure leaving to go to games) I had nightmares of being at a field and not having cards.

As a referee, I see all sort of sophisticated (joke) ways Team Managers keep track of their cards. Probably the best way is to use a gaudy lanyard that nobody can mistake as "theirs."

Manager: My cards are the ones with the florescent pink "hello kitty" lanyard!
Me: "Here you go ... wait isn't this a boys team?"

I dont understood why managers don't have a backup set of player and coach cards. All of the managers for my DD teams had a backup set of cards.

As a retired 10 year team manager this shit happens.

Rule #1: NEVER LET THE COACH BE IN CHARGE OF THE CARDS!

Couple years into being a manager I created a leave the field checklist for myself. The last item on the list was to verify I had my cards before I closed the trunk of the car. I put the cards on a lanyard and would wear them around my neck until I put everything in the trunk and last thing in was the cards. (Similar procedure leaving to go to games) I had nightmares of being at a field and not having cards.

A team my son was coaching took a forfeit because the manager forgot to take the cards to Temecula. She went back home to get them, and we were giving the referee team updates on her position ("just entered Escondido") but time ran out before she returned.

I forgot the cards myself once when acting as backup manager, but we only lived 5 minutes from the fields, so I got them back before game time.

How hard is it to look at your cards when you receive them? I am a manager and trust me...it takes just a second to look at the cards they hand you after the game is over.

Sometimes I get the cards directly...but most of the time they hand it to the coach. That said as soon as the game is over I head over. As soon as the coach gets the cards...I grab them and look. Sunday I was missing a couple (I also count them if they take them off the ring). Found them immediately.

Drive the bus.
I don't think anyone was saying that it's hard. The OP was just asking if there was anything that could be done now that the other coach went douchebag and filed a protest over a technicality. I was a manager for several years and made sure that I kept the cards in a zipper pouch with my name on it because someone told me about a similar horror story. But I did once have to race back home from halfway to Palmdale because I'd left them in the driveway while I was packing the car, so yeah, sh#t happens. Unfortunately, @socalkdg, looks like this one will have to be chalked up under "life lesson" for the TA and coach.

I dont understood why managers don't have a backup set of player and coach cards. All of the managers for my DD teams had a backup set of cards.
Our club will not issue a second set of player cards. I know many managers have made the request but it's always turned down. If the manager forgets them we are out of luck.

It is my understanding that duplicate player cards are not allowed or severely frowned upon. Why? If a player commits Assault or Referee Abuse, or the card is suspected to be falsified, then the card is to be held by the Referee and surrendered to the league or Cal South. Having a duplicate set of cards in the wild breaks the system.

It is my understanding that duplicate player cards are not allowed or severely frowned upon. Why? If a player commits Assault or Referee Abuse, or the card is suspected to be falsified, then the card is to be held by the Referee and surrendered to the league or Cal South. Having a duplicate set of cards in the wild breaks the system.

"The system" includes reporting of red cards along with the scores so that everyone in the league (including your opponents) knows who got them.

Back