NATIONAL CUP O6 2018

Tomorrow’s game against So Cal Blues is guaranteed to be a different outcome for Riverside.

My game to watch tomorrow is Anaheim Surf vs SD Surf at 8am on field 19. Better believe we will be there to see that one.

At 8am? Are you a Blues or Riverside parent? LOL

They play a simple game of 1-2 combos, and they play fast and in your face. Ball stays on the ground if they have it in the offensive third, not so much if they're under pressure in their half. Forcing teams that like to play it on the ground and keep possession, to constantly reset and play out of their comfort zone. When two possession teams play each other, they both have time and space to play a similar smooth game, when Riverside plays you they flood the side of play and give very little space to operate, even if it means they also lose that space to pass the ball around. Scrappy team with a lot of heart.

Day two observations?

Watched the Anaheim Surf vs SD Surf game and wasn’t overly impressed with the girls touches to start the game. Maybe nerves? It got better over time. Both teams were playing good defense and SD’s offense was non exsistant in the first half. Two pretty evenly matched teams but SD has one good breakaway that was completely undefended. I’ve seen both teams play better soccer.

Who did you watch/see play today?

I didn't get to see much beyond my daughter's game but some surprising games for sure. Surf Brookfield losing to a scrappy South Valley team and Galaxy tying Albion B team.

Also how about CDA Slammers Salazar. Been scoring like crazy. 18 goals in 2 games in National cup is impressive

I didn't get to see much beyond my daughter's game but some surprising games for sure. Surf Brookfield losing to a scrappy South Valley team and Galaxy tying Albion B team.

Also how about CDA Slammers Salazar. Been scoring like crazy. 18 goals in 2 games in National cup is impressive

What happened in the Galaxy game? I assumed that game would have been a blowout.

Back