National Cup - 03/14U

Congrats advancing out of group play and giving Legends a run for our money. My DD will not be playing the rest of the cup due to injury.

Just quick little more on OVC or Oranje. As posted before we are an El Cajon team east of San Diego, which has United, Hotspurs, CSC and Liverpool with in a five mile radius. Half the team this year were on age other half moved up with the new age recruitment. We played SDDA flight one, and had 2 games forfeited in beg of season on a processing error with a transfer player back on the team. Thus we would of finished 2nd since we had won both those games. The coach Will is also director of the club. The games vs Sharks and Albion were tough fought games and we were able to pull out the win. As mention before we do have a nice top player, but really our defense has what been our biggest strength so far.

Congrats advancing out of group play and giving Legends a run for our money. My DD will not be playing the rest of the cup due to injury.
Sorry to hear about your daughter, was a fun game, I was hoping we were going to pull the tie off, but giving up 15 corner kicks, odds were you going to make one. Good luck to your team, have some great skill on that team.

I had forgotten how much size the Beach Hodson team has all over the pitch. Going to be a tough out for any of their future opponents.

Got to watch parts of two Legends Academy games this weekend. That team is so tenacious out there on the pitch. I could see a deep run for them too.

Good luck to all remaining teams. One thing is for sure, there is lots of talent at the 03 age group that is not currently playing on an ECNL team.
I agree there are a few girls that are ecnl quality, but a low percentage for sure out on silver lake fields

Yep it's been updated

Pairings and my predictions:

WC EGSL vs Slammers Reserve - SLAMMERS RESERVE
IE SURF Premier vs CZ Elite - IE SURF PREMIER

Legends Academy vs Golden State PDA - LEGENDS
Beach Hodson vs Blues Holley - BEACH HODSON

Surf EGSL vs Slammers HB EGSL - SURF EGSL
Galaxy SD vs OVC - OVC

Beach Demelo vs Legends Riverside - BEACH DEMELO
Galaxy SB vs Navy - NAVY

Yep it's been updated

Pairings and my predictions:

WC EGSL vs Slammers Reserve - SLAMMERS RESERVE
IE SURF Premier vs CZ Elite - IE SURF PREMIER

Legends Academy vs Golden State PDA - LEGENDS
Beach Hodson vs Blues Holley - BEACH HODSON

Surf EGSL vs Slammers HB EGSL - SURF EGSL
Galaxy SD vs OVC - OVC

Beach Demelo vs Legends Riverside - BEACH DEMELO
Galaxy SB vs Navy - NAVY
Beach and Blues match up well. Should be a good one to watch.

I agree there are a few girls that are ecnl quality, but a low percentage for sure out on silver lake fields

I do not agree with this post. I think there was definitely more than a few girls out there this past weekend that are ECNL quality. For the sake of the ECNL coaches, there better have been ECNL quality girls out on the pitch at Silverlakes when the current ECNL players bail on ECNL for DA (well, that's just a rumor, right?).

KP - I forgot to mention that Bobak and Rennie were doing their normal recruiting evaluations this past weekend. I saw them watching the Legends Academy team on two occasions. Maybe some offers are coming?

On a related matter, ODP should allow both Bobak and Rennie to be ODP scouts. They are constantly watching the 03's from other teams, so who knows these players better for ODP invitations......Bobak/Rennie or some other ODP coach that spends maybe a few minutes here and there watching NC games?

Back