National Cup - 03/14U

Youre right, TOC was a week ago. Vegas is in January. CRL is in January. Plenty of play time for teams with byes. I dont think the bye teams will be rusty. Hopefully the 03s get lucky and play at Silverlakes.
Just curious MAP, were you a gymnast? I might be mixing you up with another parent, but thought I'd ask.

Sorry but those type of questions you will have to PM me in order to get an answer.

Like I said, they're probably seeded where they should be, just fun discussion to have. Also every parent thinks their kids team is getting the short end; I realize that. But to take the bait, Surf cup was some time ago. Winning SCDSL champions tournament was more recent and should be worth something. LA galaxy was eliminated in the first week, beach hodson eliminated first week, sharks eliminated the first week, demelo and sdsc eliminated second week, Surf eliminated 3'd week, and legends eliminated in finals. Like I said, maybe Blues winning scdsl was a fluke, and are seeded right where they should be. Just discussion, and just 13 year old soccer.
LA Galaxy played in Flight 1 of Surf Cup Thanksgiving. They beat Arsenal in pool play and lost in the quarter finals. They are indeed in CRL, and won the Gold division of CSL this season. I think they are deserving of a bye, in spite of not being part of SCDSl

... Hopefully the 03s get lucky and play at Silverlakes.

Based on the current trend from Cal South, you can expect bracket play at Silverlakes or Galway Downs and as it gets narrower, Galway Downs for quarters, semi and finals, which is what we are seeing with the Presidents and Governors level.

Will hope that any of the final matches not take place at Gallaway Dows. Two lane road with only stop signs would be a huge mess.

Will hope that any of the final matches not take place at Gallaway Dows. Two lane road with only stop signs would be a huge mess.

Are you sure you are thinking of Galway Downs? Because there are no stop signs. If anything, having some stop signs or metered traffic signals might make things flow a little less smoothly. Highway 79S is 2 lanes once you leave the City of Temecula. There is a metered signal at Anza Road, but once off Highway 79S there are multiple entrance points into Galway Downs depending on the fields in use. Typically, Galway Downs has folks entering the inner polo field off of Los Caballos Road, and folks entering the new polo field off of Los Corralitos Road.

If anything, Galway Downs is the one of the few "large" complexes with multiple entry and exit points (assuming staff is operating them).
  • Silverlakes, which only has 1 entry point at Hamner Avenue (4 Lane).
  • SD Polo Fields has only 1 entry point (2 lane road - Via De La Valle).
  • So Cal Sports Complex - Oceanside (2 lane road - Senior Center Dr).
  • San Bernardino - 1 entry point on Pacific St (4 Lane).
  • Galway Downs - 2 entry point on Los Corralitos and 1 entry point on Los Caballos Rd.
The problem with Galway Downs is two fold (1) they went through some growing pains when they initially opened the new field, and (2) most parents don't appreciate that it takes another 15 minutes to get to Galway once they exit the freeway. They figure its 45 minutes from Poway to Temecula, so they plan on that and find themselves running 15 to 25 minutes late because they have another 15 minutes to go and then need to park and find their fields (add another 10 minutes) ... AND to top it off they were already running 15 minutes late because "junior" can't find his socks and away jersey when we all should be getting in the car.

The locals (me) know that an easy way to get to Galway Downs and avoid the traffic is to us Pauba Road through wine country. Pauba runs parallel with Temecula Parkway/79-South and Rancho California Road.

Are you sure you are thinking of Galway Downs? Because there are no stop signs. If anything, having some stop signs or metered traffic signals might make things flow a little less smoothly. Highway 79S is 2 lanes once you leave the City of Temecula. There is a metered signal at Anza Road, but once off Highway 79S there are multiple entrance points into Galway Downs depending on the fields in use. Typically, Galway Downs has folks entering the inner polo field off of Los Caballos Road, and folks entering the new polo field off of Los Corralitos Road.

If anything, Galway Downs is the one of the few "large" complexes with multiple entry and exit points (assuming staff is operating them).
  • Silverlakes, which only has 1 entry point at Hamner Avenue (4 Lane).
  • SD Polo Fields has only 1 entry point (2 lane road - Via De La Valle).
  • So Cal Sports Complex - Oceanside (2 lane road - Senior Center Dr).
  • San Bernardino - 1 entry point on Pacific St (4 Lane).
  • Galway Downs - 2 entry point on Los Corralitos and 1 entry point on Los Caballos Rd.
The problem with Galway Downs is two fold (1) they went through some growing pains when they initially opened the new field, and (2) most parents don't appreciate that it takes another 15 minutes to get to Galway once they exit the freeway. They figure its 45 minutes from Poway to Temecula, so they plan on that and find themselves running 15 to 25 minutes late because they have another 15 minutes to go and then need to park and find their fields (add another 10 minutes) ... AND to top it off they were already running 15 minutes late because "junior" can't find his socks and away jersey when we all should be getting in the car.

The locals (me) know that an easy way to get to Galway Downs and avoid the traffic is to us Pauba Road through wine country. Pauba runs parallel with Temecula Parkway/79-South and Rancho California Road.
Thanks for the insider info

Are you sure you are thinking of Galway Downs? Because there are no stop signs.

A very well formed argument and an extremely informative, thoughtful and useful post.

Kudos, MWN!!!

@keep pops because my dd missed CRL due to a hamstring injury I got to see a lot of good teams and players from CSL

Round 2 show be interesting and if a bye team didn't use the time off wisely, the rust I mean rest might hurt more then help. :)

From this weekend on (round of 32), every game is going to be tough. I have my favorites to win it all, but some of those same teams performed less than expected in the SCDSL playoffs back in November.

For those teams that do not have access to artificial turf fields for practice over these past few weeks may be at a real disadvantage if their practice field was closed due to the rain.

For those teams that do not have access to artificial turf fields for practice over these past few weeks may be at a real disadvantage if their
Weeks? That's right it's been weeks since some of these teams have played. I know for a fact the tempo has picked up and it's hard to match opponents speed and or strength in a scrimmage setting. Rain might take the whole bye advantage away for some teams.

Back