Mega Clubs on the move

LA Bulls are a joke in most age groups. Nomads, ventura County, all the same. Fram in the youngers seem to be grabbing talent early

Looking only at the top teams in each club, that tracks. First two clubs aren't even in the top #100 of those that are rated in California. (total of 286 boys clubs, 187 girls clubs). Ventura County shows #39 in state. Fram almost cracks the top #20 in girls, showing #23 - though on the boys side they show #81.

LA Bulls are a joke in most age groups. Nomads, ventura County, all the same. Fram in the youngers seem to be grabbing talent early
Actually worse - FRAUD !!!! They couldn't move up in any leagues - then they "applied" to MLS Next and got in for 2 ages on boys - I can tell you the reason why - but that wouldnt be "popular" - they literally FIRED all players from one of their teams and played in the league with players that never played for them before - who does that serve ????????????????????

Actually worse - FRAUD !!!! They couldn't move up in any leagues - then they "applied" to MLS Next and got in for 2 ages on boys - I can tell you the reason why - but that wouldnt be "popular" - they literally FIRED all players from one of their teams and played in the league with players that never played for them before - who does that serve ????????????????????
Entry into MLS Next is always by application. Several others this last round applied and were turned down. From what I've heard LA Bulls put on a glitzy show, emphasizing their female connections (positioning themselves in the event of a girl's academy becomes a reality). As with LASC and other places around the country, promotion by merit of past success doesn't seem to drive it...it's more of if you build it they will come. The other thing MLS Next supposedly looks at is regional distribution but we still don't have a real Valley team. Do you have other information that goes beyond the basics?

There’s 2 possible club changes, affiliations, coming to North County, San Diego and East County, San Diego.
Curious what the East County change is. I don’t see Sporting SD joining East County Surf, but I guess anything is possible. Wonder if one of them will get access to MLS Next through this potential change.

One Surf Player choose to play for Sharks. Underline ONE.
Surf players that end up at Sharks, end up at Sharks because they sat on the bench for Surf. You have to be on the field at an ECNL showcase to get seen by college coaches. Players that start for Surf, and the exposure that gets, do not leave for Sharks.

Strikers FC North to So Cal Blues .....interesting that blues are making a step into boys soccer.
IIRC Strikers FC North also has a robust girl's program. On their page, in any case, they really heavily emphasize the girl scholarships they received. Maybe they are shifting emphasis? If true, I wonder how many of the boys will want to stick around and play for the blues, particularly if it remains that E64 is the highest they can rise?

IIRC Strikers FC North also has a robust girl's program. On their page, in any case, they really heavily emphasize the girl scholarships they received. Maybe they are shifting emphasis? If true, I wonder how many of the boys will want to stick around and play for the blues, particularly if it remains that E64 is the highest they can rise?
Strikers haven't had a presence on the girls side for about 10 years or more.

Strikers haven't had a presence on the girls side for about 10 years or more.

Strikers North (which I think is being discussed), has had E64 girls teams at multiple ages for a quite a few years. It's not a top #10 club (87th in state), but they definitely are consistently fielding teams. On the boys side it shows similar, if a little stronger. An affiliation/renaming with So Cal Blues certainly can't hurt, and it does raise questions about existing girls teams - how will they be assimilated/changed.

Strikers North (which I think is being discussed), has had E64 girls teams at multiple ages for a quite a few years. It's not a top #10 club (87th in state), but they definitely are consistently fielding teams. On the boys side it shows similar, if a little stronger. An affiliation/renaming with So Cal Blues certainly can't hurt, and it does raise questions about existing girls teams - how will they be assimilated/changed.
Just as much of a question for the boys...would they really want to play for a club who's main office remains all girls and without an MLS Next pathway? Could it be the club is divided...boys with strikers, girls with blues...that would make a lot more sense particularly since this North club has consistently been trying to expand both sides? A signal for an emerging blues-strikers powerhouse (now that would be the most fearsome of fearsome clubs)? But in any case it's interesting news.

Just as much of a question for the boys...would they really want to play for a club who's main office remains all girls and without an MLS Next pathway? Could it be the club is divided...boys with strikers, girls with blues...that would make a lot more sense particularly since this North club has consistently been trying to expand both sides? A signal for an emerging blues-strikers powerhouse (now that would be the most fearsome of fearsome clubs)? But in any case it's interesting news.
That combination of Strikers Boys and Blues Girls would really be fearsome and a force to be reckon with.

Back