LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Force? We've never been forced. What clubs do that?

Don't want to start calling out club(s) but let's just say I don't think it's right. And I do get that sometimes there are design/brand changes, etc. that require purchasing.

If you can keep a soccer ball for two years- you deserve some sort of medal
Way back when I was coaching rec, CalSouth gave us rec coaches some Score brand soccer balls. They were very light, and the #4's were actually about size 4 1/2, but those things held air for months. My kid lost one at the fields. We found it several months later and it didn't even need to be pumped up.

Way back when I was coaching rec, CalSouth gave us rec coaches some Score brand soccer balls. They were very light, and the #4's were actually about size 4 1/2, but those things held air for months. My kid lost one at the fields. We found it several months later and it didn't even need to be pumped up.
Was it as hard as rock? :D If it was a Score ball then it did.

Force? We've never been forced. What clubs do that?
LAGOC had a required kit. When I tried to buy individual pieces through the online portal it would reject. When I asked why was told it was required.......when my next kid joined the next year I tried the same trick and it didn't work asked the manager why it failed and was told it was required.

Was it as hard as rock? :D If it was a Score ball then it did.
They were actually pretty nice. The light weight made the #3's great for the U-littles. You would not want to use them with olders or adults however unless you loved the unpredictable balls used at the South Africa WC.

7 years in for my daughter and I have never bought the team track suit warm ups. One year at youngers Vegas Cup in winter MLK weekend during the late night freezing cold game I told her for warm ups to where her National Cup hoodie and her adidas warm up pants same color as the teams Nike warm ups and coach made her take the pants off because they werent Nike

LAGOC had a required kit. When I tried to buy individual pieces through the online portal it would reject. When I asked why was told it was required.......when my next kid joined the next year I tried the same trick and it didn't work asked the manager why it failed and was told it was required.
I don't consider the uniform in this area. Warm ups, backpacks or things like hoodie are what I was thinking of. Most clubs require you to purchase the kit to be sure all the players are identical because there is always that one ref.

I don't consider the uniform in this area. Warm ups, backpacks or things like hoodie are what I was thinking of. Most clubs require you to purchase the kit to be sure all the players are identical because there is always that one ref.

Some clubs consider the kit to also include jacket, backpack, training shirts and ball and require you to purchase everything every two years. Even if items like the backpack is unchanged. You can't purchase any of the uniform items ala carte on the website until months after your required to purchase the full kit.

this kit included a training top, 2 uniform sets, long sleeve training top, backpack and a ball. so more than just the uniform

Some clubs consider the kit to also include jacket, backpack, training shirts and ball and require you to purchase everything every two years. Even if items like the backpack is unchanged. You can't purchase any of the uniform items ala carte on the website until months after your required to purchase the full kit.
this was exactly our situation.

Saw a club this year that discounted their club fees slightly. But then required all 2005 and older teams to buy sweats and a new backpack. $400 for the “required” kit.

Saw a club this year that discounted their club fees slightly. But then required all 2005 and older teams to buy sweats and a new backpack. $400 for the “required” kit.
I was at the Great Park last week and all I saw was Galaxy players with all the kits and uniforms. Everywhere, like pretty much all the fields. Is that the DA teams coming to OC to practice because the Chargers were playing? I'm super confused. Do the Galaxy have OC DA like OC Surf called OC Galaxy? All I can say is that was a lot of $400 kits.

Surf require to buy new uniforms every year.

How much are they making on the kickbacks from soccer.com?

I been told they require players to purchase the full package to be eligible to play at ~ $500+ for the DA players for example.

How much are they making on the kickbacks from soccer.com?

I been told they require players to purchase the full package to be eligible to play at ~ $500+ for the DA players for example.

I don't know much about either. Just know it's on yearly basis.

I was at the Great Park last week and all I saw was Galaxy players with all the kits and uniforms. Everywhere, like pretty much all the fields. Is that the DA teams coming to OC to practice because the Chargers were playing? I'm super confused. Do the Galaxy have OC DA like OC Surf called OC Galaxy? All I can say is that was a lot of $400 kits.
last I looked in total LAGOC had 50 boys teams alone, not sure on the girls. So yes there are a lot of 400 uniforms. On the girls side Galaxy has a DA but is out of the south bay alliance and plays at dignity health fields. LAGOC had the 2003 DPL team last year but galaxy pulled it this year and gave it to south bay. So there is a relationship between south bay and OC but I am not clear what that is. there continues to be DPL teams at LAGOC this year. but no DA. but depends on the night you were there....there is a lot of teams that practice there regardless of the chargers

last I looked in total LAGOC had 50 boys teams alone, not sure on the girls. So yes there are a lot of 400 uniforms. On the girls side Galaxy has a DA but is out of the south bay alliance and plays at dignity health fields. LAGOC had the 2003 DPL team last year but galaxy pulled it this year and gave it to south bay. So there is a relationship between south bay and OC but I am not clear what that is. there continues to be DPL teams at LAGOC this year. but no DA. but depends on the night you were there....there is a lot of teams that practice there regardless of the chargers
This was real young kids too for the record. All under 14, boys and girls. All clean shirts, kits and everything. Great drills going on. It was impressive. Very professional and orderly. Parents all watching on the sidelines chirping it up. Vending machine line for snacks. I go hoop with the boys and try and go back to the fun days in my life. I've been doing this for 9 years and I have never seen so many teams from one Organization, The LA Galaxy take over so many fields. Why can't they stay in LA and not try and hog all the fields in OC and take market share in SD too. Why? It's like a little goats army of soccer players. If we don't all watch out, the only choices for future goats will be three teams. Surf, Legends and Galaxy.

If Galaxy cuts off all affiites, I commend them from walking away from easy money.

Looking at just SCDSL teams, these are the number of teams under an LA Galaxy umbrella:
OC
54 boys
28 girls

OC West
3 boys
7 girls

San Diego
10 boys
1 girls

South Bay
19 boys
16 girls

My niece plays for OC Galaxy. Been there for a few years now. They’ve been with a few other clubs prior. Feedback from my brother is it’s the most organized and professional club they’ve been a part of.

Back