LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

I heard LAGSD have definitely lost theirs. From that there was talk all were going away.

It’s funny I don’t know one specific.everything is totally rumors Nor do so many. This could run its course or go sides ways. Just let it play it out and then settle.
But where is the fun in that. Lots of us come here for the water cooler talk as well as the legit information. Just lurk if a specific topic is not that interesting to you.

Lurk? My club is involved and the coaches/admin train my kids. Is yours?
Nope, not right now. Small soccer world so maybe again in the future. No horse in this one other than to have a discussion with other soccer parents. To “lurk” in online terms means to watch/read without commenting. In this case, I meant you can read the string but not comment if you feel that doing so is not productive. But you should let others continue to chat by the water cooler if they choose. No need to try to curb the discussion.

I have to agree with Lastman in that there are a lot of rumors out there...some being wild and a lot of them false. The only thing that we know at this point is that LA Galaxy affiliations may not be renewed. Even that in itself is not a done deal. Clubs will look at contingency plans...but it's all talk at the moment.

I think it was mentioned on here that there would simply be a jersey change as the clubs that have become affiliates would continue to operate as is. My experience was that in OC those clubs were integrated into the LAGOC way of doing everything, they didn't operate independently. Everything was centralized and this made the experience with that club an awesome one because the club was very well ran. If it were to unwind it will be interesting (my comments are only related to OC). Time will tell. Personally, I am sick of having to deal with clubs changing, coaches moving and all the 'other stuff' that happens. It will not be a simple jersey change if the affiliate goes away.

I think it was mentioned on here that there would simply be a jersey change as the clubs that have become affiliates would continue to operate as is. My experience was that in OC those clubs were integrated into the LAGOC way of doing everything, they didn't operate independently. Everything was centralized and this made the experience with that club an awesome one because the club was very well ran. If it were to unwind it will be interesting (my comments are only related to OC). Time will tell. Personally, I am sick of having to deal with clubs changing, coaches moving and all the 'other stuff' that happens. It will not be a simple jersey change if the affiliate goes away.
So if everything was centralized with LAGOC and they lose their affiliation and have to change their name, why would anything else be different or more than a name/jersey change? Do you understand how the affiliation works between LAGOC and LA Galaxy?

Nope, not right now. Small soccer world so maybe again in the future. No horse in this one other than to have a discussion with other soccer parents. To “lurk” in online terms means to watch/read without commenting. In this case, I meant you can read the string but not comment if you feel that doing so is not productive. But you should let others continue to chat by the water cooler if they choose. No need to try to curb the discussion.
I don’t mind the water cooler talk nor did I tell anyone to not proceed but there are gold fish in your water cooler.

Thanks for clarifying. I was referring to Galaxy SD as that staff has been consistent since the merger of the Carlsbad’s.

So if everything was centralized with LAGOC and they lose their affiliation and have to change their name, why would anything else be different or more than a name/jersey change? Do you understand how the affiliation works between LAGOC and LA Galaxy?
Exactly. They can lose affiliation at any point LA Galaxy wants to end it. Just like all the other Clubs affiliates who then have to get a new name, use an old one or merge with another name. OC isnt really integrated with LAG other than through event promotion - coaching philosophy/training is 100% seperate.

LAGSB is in it’s final season. I’m hearing they have been taken over by Beach and this is a done deal.
Not a well kept secret alliances will be over at end of season. Parents just need to start asking admins at their clubs about their real plans. They all stand to lose a lot of money if parents dont have confidence in some new logo

Back