LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

any other news on this? daughter's friend is on Galaxy OC team and saw a few teams at the last tourney.

Some of the Galaxy affiliated or alliance clubs will be phased out for what I heard last night from a very knowledge source.

Didn't get or care that about the details on which ones but was told once the term(s) run out renewal will not be happening in most if not all cases.

Some of the Galaxy affiliated or alliance clubs will be phased out for what I heard last night from a very knowledge source.

Didn't get or care that about the details on which ones but was told once the term(s) run out renewal will not be happening in most if not all cases.

Assuming these rumors were/are true and LAG is citing brand image and geography as the issue, makes one wonder what the brand image issue is given that is rather nebulous.

I know of the following affiliates, but are there any missing?
LAG South Bay
LAG Orange County
LAG Bakersfield
LAG Conejo Valley
LAG San Diego

Wouldn't it make sense for them to keep LAG South Bay? I mean, that's right down the street from their stadium and where their DA works. Maybe they drop the "South Bay" part to be more clear that is is THE LA Galaxy Club. But, I guess I don't know how all the other MLS teams handle their feeder systems to their DA. Do they have local clubs, or just recruit players from any ole club in the area?

Wouldn't it make sense for them to keep LAG South Bay? I mean, that's right down the street from their stadium and where their DA works. Maybe they drop the "South Bay" part to be more clear that is is THE LA Galaxy Club. But, I guess I don't know how all the other MLS teams handle their feeder systems to their DA. Do they have local clubs, or just recruit players from any ole club in the area?
In the San Jose bay area, the Earthquakes have also removed their name from all affiliates from the area and beyond. They even eliminated their “youth club” and now only have 1 team registered per age group, and that is DA or pre-DA. Each team has a large player pool, but only 1 team per age group is registered. I believe it is related to the new MLS academy league, however I’m not sure if that is what is happening now with the boys DA.

In the San Jose bay area, the Earthquakes have also removed their name from all affiliates from the area and beyond. They even eliminated their “youth club” and now only have 1 team registered per age group, and that is DA or pre-DA. Each team has a large player pool, but only 1 team per age group is registered. I believe it is related to the new MLS academy league, however I’m not sure if that is what is happening now with the boys DA.
what did the clubs do, revert to their prior entity?

Basically the way the Earthquakes look at it, all of Northern California is their feeder system. The best kids end up there anyway.
what did the clubs do, revert to their prior entity?
Yes. That is exactly what happened. The San Jose Earthquakes youth club became Central Valley Soccer Club. That was their previous name. And all the affiliates dropped the name and logo.

Am curious how many teams this affected and how families affected felt? In OC I am guessing there would be close to 80ish teams affected.

Am curious how many teams this affected and how families affected felt? In OC I am guessing there would be close to 80ish teams affected.

Why does it matter what your jersey says? Would it make it better if they played with Real Madrid replicate jerseys like they do in the Latin leagues?

Aren't most of these clubs (DBA) doing business as something other than whats on the jesery says anyway?

Representing your home town or area with a jesery would seems more pridefully then wearing a "Walmart" shirt that everyone else has with a different patch.

Back