High School Soccer's Fate

Of course this shows a complete disassociation from reality. So why is it that those blue states have such a high overall death rate compared to others (so far)?

1. Population density;
2. Hit first before anyone had any understanding of effective treatments;
3. Sending nursing home patients back to nursing homes based on the (erroneous at the time) belief that staying in hospital would overwhelm the system. This occurred before anyone understood how much more dangerous covid was for the elderly compared to others, as well as an overestimation of the ability of nursing homes to limit spread. As it turns out Cuomo was wrong in hindsight, but it also turns out that his fears were completely legitimate given that Covid actually is overwhelming many hospitals and regions right now, despite the denialism of the youth soccer crowd.

Of course, the red states that are all now trending horribly have no excuse other than stupidity, whereas the blue states have taken their knowledge and reduced mortality rates to the lowest in the country. The red states have the benefit of knowing everything the earliest states did not at the time, do not have the same population density issues, and still f**ked it up. In fact, North Dakota will likely have a higher mortality rate than NY within another week or two. It is mind boggling given how hard it is for people in North Dakota to spread it to each other. Maybe @MSK357 will start criticizing their governor, except he thinks this is all a hoax and everyone is dying of heartburn. It does make you wonder how someone can claim nobody’s actually dying of Covid, yet NY is doing so horribly because so many people died of covid.

It is looking more and more like those blue states won’t be at the too of the list much longer. And, of course, if someone is going to complain about how terrible it is that those blue states have done so poorly, they must give credit to the blue state with the highest population density by far but is 40th in mortality rate. Seriously great job in CA. Gavin Newsom says hello.

there you go @EOTL...remember, If you are not a part of the SOLUTION you ARE a part of the PROBLEM...one day young grasshopper

I don’t understand so much of what I hear. So much vitriol towards newsom yet countries around the world have equal or stricter restrictions. Are those presidents and leader libtards who want to take away their people’s freedom?

desantis and Florida have done nothing and their death rates proportional to California are way higher. Like insanely higher. (As is Arizona)
Soooo doesnt that show that we are doing something right? When people say look at Florida and their freedoms I’m like um no thanks. And their healthcare workers are screaming for help.

and lastly no one should have to choose between work feeding their family. If lockdowns are implemented why isn’t all of your anger at the federal government for not providing money??? Where is effing Trump and his leadership making sure these business owners and workers get paid??? Why isn’t your anger directed there?

so surf cup or not or high school or not I don’t get why the facts are like “meh” to so many people. France just RELAXED their restrictions and their new lighter rules have a 9pm curfew! But it’s newsom and the libs trying to control our lives by inducing panic over nothing. Um ok.
The problem is that Newsome has not made science based decisions. He shoots from the hip. There is no scientific evidence of virus spread on outdoor youth sports. Yet, we are not allowed to compete in state. But, there is scientific evidence of indoor virus spread, and especially large gatherings. Despite this we are allowed to go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Macy's, etc. Oh and Newsome is the guy telling us to stay home, while he attends his pals 50th birthday party indoors at a restaurant, and without a mask. So yeah we have the right to be annoyed by the hypocrite. I am a democrat true and blue by the way, but Newsome is embarrassing. Soccer and volleyball in the same category as Rugby and Football???? How is volleyball a contact sport? Does his staff have a high school diploma?

The problem is that Newsome has not made science based decisions. He shoots from the hip. There is no scientific evidence of virus spread on outdoor youth sports. Yet, we are not allowed to compete in state. But, there is scientific evidence of indoor virus spread, and especially large gatherings. Despite this we are allowed to go to Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Macy's, etc. Oh and Newsome is the guy telling us to stay home, while he attends his pals 50th birthday party indoors at a restaurant, and without a mask. So yeah we have the right to be annoyed by the hypocrite. I am a democrat true and blue by the way, but Newsome is embarrassing. Soccer and volleyball in the same category as Rugby and Football???? How is volleyball a contact sport? Does his staff have a high school diploma?

It sounds like you must be in his inner circle to know who he is relying on to make decisions. Ultimately, his decisions must be science based -and working - given CA’s very low mortality rate. Keep up the great work Gavin!

So sad that going to the grocery store to get food and the hardware store to fix the broken water pipe is acceptable when living vicariously through your child at a kiddie soccer game is not.

It sounds like you must be in his inner circle to know who he is relying on to make decisions. Ultimately, his decisions must be science based -and working - given CA’s very low mortality rate. Keep up the great work Gavin!

So sad that going to the grocery store to get food and the hardware store to fix the broken water pipe is acceptable when living vicariously through your child at a kiddie soccer game is not.

I think you're the last person wanting this to return to a soccer forum. You don't have kids playing soccer. You'd be forced to spew your sanctimonious diarrhea someplace else.

Is there a forum for people that think 18-year old women should tolerate coaching abuse because they're soft, douchebag?

Interesting that the supreme court disagrees with you especially on outdoor dining. Any luck with that connection on youth sports?

Actually, I do have someone I know well in Newsomes circle, a left democrat, who confirms that all the Governor cares about is what he sees as political benefits. Zero interest in actually understanding the science. He thinks he'll be seen as standing strong.

Pardon me for not believing an anonymous soccer parent who claims to know someone who knows someone.

Oh, and he is standing strong. Lowest mortality rate of any state with significant population density. Pretty crazy how much better CA is doing than other states. It’s almost like his “non-science” is actually, uh, science. Whatever you call what he’s doing, it’s way more effective than than thoughts and prayers, or just pretending there’s no pandemic.

Pardon me for not believing an anonymous soccer parent who claims to know someone who knows someone.

Oh, and he is standing strong. Lowest mortality rate of any state with significant population density. Pretty crazy how much better CA is doing than other states. It’s almost like his “non-science” is actually, uh, science. Whatever you call what he’s doing, it’s way more effective than than thoughts and prayers, or just pretending there’s no pandemic.
Can you please settle down tonight. Your evil twin is roaming the forum now as well. Spewing cuz words and calling folks names, just like you potty mouth. EOTL, we can deal with. You and The Long Game is a bit too much for the soul. Please, tell your brother to buzz off. Thanks-

So Germany has shut down youth sports. So has France, England and Italy. As did many other countries. Are they in on it with newsom plotting how to ignore science? Huge youth football clubs in Germany have closed up. Is the youth director of Bayern Munich also ignoring science?

Barcelona has shut down their youth programs in all sports (indoor and outdoor). Maybe we should ask if their staff has a high school diploma?

you sound like such a baby (or like a teenager) whining like your life is so unfair! When our regulations are mirroring those around the world AND California numbers are way better than they could be. But please whine on about newsom’s dinner and how uneducated he is because the advice he’s getting (and listening to) is the same worldwide. But keep whining.

Actually, I do have someone I know well in Newsomes circle, a left democrat, who confirms that all the Governor cares about is what he sees as political benefits. Zero interest in actually understanding the science. He thinks he'll be seen as standing strong.
That has been confirmed thru multiple sources in and around the capitol circles.

Lowest mortality rate of any state with significant population density.
Huh? WTF kind of BS stat is that to hang on to. Compared to Como in NY? GTFOH. Thats like saying our team has the best goals for average of all 5th place teams in the nation. We're doing awesome. CA has way more chances to FU before the numbers change.

So Germany has shut down youth sports. So has France, England and Italy. As did many other countries. Are they in on it with newsom plotting how to ignore science? Huge youth football clubs in Germany have closed up. Is the youth director of Bayern Munich also ignoring science?

Barcelona has shut down their youth programs in all sports (indoor and outdoor). Maybe we should ask if their staff has a high school diploma?

you sound like such a baby (or like a teenager) whining like your life is so unfair! When our regulations are mirroring those around the world AND California numbers are way better than they could be. But please whine on about newsom’s dinner and how uneducated he is because the advice he’s getting (and listening to) is the same worldwide. But keep whining.
I think you failed to read my post. Just because Barcelona or Bayern Munich shut it down, doesn't make it science based. When did they become the become the science experts. In fact 45 states are playing youth soccer, with no known outbreaks occurring on the field. You also failed to mention if those other countries are hanging out in Home Depot and Walmart while shutting down sports.

You missed the point of my post. No wonder they have reading comprehension tests to get into college.

I find it incredulous that you do not have a problem with Newsome's birthday party celebration in violation of his own orders. I am the bad guy for calling him out? Seriously.

@GT45 and Full90 - your comments belittling the careful consideration that went into shutting down youth sports in Germany, France, Italy and England tells me that you are ignorant to (or forgetting) the relatively close living quarters that most of Europe lives in. Apartment living ain’t Western states’ suburban sprawl.
If a young player brings Covid home, it’s potentially a multi generational exposure and not just to his or her direct family, but to entire neighborhoods. Chances are most players catch a subway or train to practice. No correlation to our US experience.

Newsom’s seriously boneheaded decision to go to a birthday party is a singular instance. Europe shutting down youth sports is Newsome x a factor of 100,000 Opportunities to spread Covid.

So many have left the state with their money and talents. Texas and AZ getting new folks every day. That's another reason our death rate if going down.
Our death rate is going down because Covid is infecting more young people who are far less likely to die from it. But every infected young person is an unintending delivery service, taking it home to mom who in turn takes it to grandma when she goes to visit to cheer up grandma who just wants some family around during the holidays... Cruel and dangerous.

@GT45 and Full90 - your comments belittling the careful consideration that went into shutting down youth sports in Germany, France, Italy and England tells me that you are ignorant to (or forgetting) the relatively close living quarters that most of Europe lives in. Apartment living ain’t Western states’ suburban sprawl.
If a young player brings Covid home, it’s potentially a multi generational exposure and not just to his or her direct family, but to entire neighborhoods. Chances are most players catch a subway or train to practice. No correlation to our US experience.

Newsom’s seriously boneheaded decision to go to a birthday party is a singular instance. Europe shutting down youth sports is Newsome x a factor of 100,000 Opportunities to spread Covid.
I am not belittling anything. I am questioning shutting down youth sports but allowing shopping to occur at Walmart, Home Depot, and Macy's. That is the point you miss. Also, can you cite an example where someone caught the virus in a game or at training?

Back