High School Soccer's Fate

Winter is fast approaching and 2021 is right around the corner. Is CIF Soccer going to be played? Will the soccer gods be kind to my dd and let her have some fun. Its been so hard for so many girls and like I said so many times, girls what to have fun. Right now, I believe 90% that the games will be played. Go High School Soccer. It's so much fun I can't wait to yell from the bleachers. Eagle, I owe you a keg. What say you on HS Soccer in OC?

Winter is fast approaching and 2021 is right around the corner. Is CIF Soccer going to be played? Will the soccer gods be kind to my dd and let her have some fun. Its been so hard for so many girls and like I said so many times, girls what to have fun. Right now, I believe 90% that the games will be played. Go High School Soccer. It's so much fun I can't wait to yell from the bleachers. Eagle, I owe you a keg. What say you on HS Soccer in OC?

Fate of the seasons in balance at this point and CIF-SS says they will be making January announcements

Jan 19th is pretty much d-day according to what they communicated after fall CIF regional and state comps where canceled first of the month.

According to our AD and coaches they are still expecting to play soccer in the spring but it's going to be scaled down and maybe limited to local comps only without the regional or state comps.

Fate of the seasons in balance at this point and CIF-SS says they will be making January announcements

Jan 19th is pretty much d-day according to what they communicated after fall CIF regional and state comps where canceled first of the month.

According to our AD and coaches they are still expecting to play soccer in the spring but it's going to be scaled down and maybe limited to local comps only without the regional or state comps.
I heard the same thing. I'm hoping on Jan 20th all these games being played with our lives will be over and we can all get back to normal. It's a long a shot though and I'm hoping for the best but were prepared for the worst. 7 more days until Winter kicks in,

With everything behind schedule already (since football isn't starting today as it was supposed to under the revised schedule, for instance), best case scenario is the soccer season is shortened considerably.

As HS football gets pushed into the soccer season I don't envy the athletic directors that now have to worry about rescheduling their fields for both sports. Worst case is six soccer teams (boys and girls V, JV, F/S), three football teams (boys V, JV, F/S) and maybe even some lacrosse team(s) competing with for practice and game fields for some overlapping period of time.

I wonder what guidelines will apply to spectator attendance?

Why is outdoor volleyball a high contact sport and indoor volleyball a low contact sport?

The principals around our area have said that one of the most likely realities will be no frosh/soph teams and very limited JV teams.

Glad bocce and corn hole made the list. It's about damn time they get the recognition they deserve. Kicker- good soccer teams that spread the field out have less contact than lax and field hockey but with the hard rubber ball being thrown/hit at you there is less contact at least in lacrosse as the rules favor the shooter and it is harder to interfere on defense. I think they are pretty even with how many concussions though.
P.S. Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.

What say you Eagle on HS Soccer for the girls in March? OC is very close to not having enough beds for ICU. 2,173 new cases yesterday. I'm trying to be half full dude but even I can see that it's not looking good. Man, what a crazy 10 months this has been.

I am shocked that places have run out of ICU beds. I mean, this is completely unforeseeable. How could anyone have possibly known this would happen? And so weird that everyone’s comorbidities decided to get out of control all at the same time for the first time in history. ICU’s really should have been more prepared to deal with so much catastrophic heartburn all at once.

Oh well, gotta go. There’s a soccer tournament to get to in AZ, and I’m leading the push against the vaccine since they’re poison, and also against online education. So busy.

I am shocked that places have run out of ICU beds. I mean, this is completely unforeseeable. How could anyone have possibly known this would happen? And so weird that everyone’s comorbidities decided to get out of control all at the same time for the first time in history. ICU’s really should have been more prepared to deal with so much catastrophic heartburn all at once.

Oh well, gotta go. There’s a soccer tournament to get to in AZ, and I’m leading the push against the vaccine since they’re poison, and also against online education. So busy.

gfy

Seasonal ICU occupancy is already at 55% pre-Covid. Maybe if you did a little homework you know that. The question I have is why wasn’t the USS Mercy called in knowing we were going to face this?

You were shtick is old and tired.......By the way, how was your trip to New York?

Dom, EOTL is breaking the politics rules so I'm going to shoot back at him. Why do you allow this? Plus, I paid my $15 and I still can;t edit my post or delete a thread. I have rights too you know? Oh well, you seem to be EOTL biggest fan. Get ready everyone. Real leaders will soon be helping us. We are one big mess and were way over our heads and we ALL know it except EOTL. Real Local Commander ((MP)), not some health pro or math wiz who also likes to add colors to make his math look right and help so many lose theor private company and others who are just SOL like who can;t find work. Numbers have been used against us like no other time in history.

What is the true meaning of martial law?
Martial law involves the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster. Abstract: When martial law is in effect, the military commander of an area or country has unlimited authority to make and enforce laws.

We don;t want or need proud boys or proud anything trying to be cops. Stand down and stay in your houses. Let the real pros handle things. USA!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!

Seasonal ICU occupancy is already at 55% pre-Covid. Maybe if you did a little homework you know that. The question I have is why wasn’t the USS Mercy called in knowing we were going to face this?

You were shtick is old and tired.......By the way, how was your trip to New York?
I might need place to sleep. I need to pay my rent or I'm out on da streets. Maybe these big ships can just let the homeless or those in need a place to crash for the night.

We need someone to help us get to a place where we can all join hands and help each other and just sing with love for each other. No color and no one's religion or God is better then the other god or color. Just be nice to each other. The power grab is killing us all in the middle. I understand some had it better in the past, but now, we need to start sharing. Some in soccer were just ball hogs' and had all the access and connections. Power & control is now at stake like never before. Who life is it? Santa is watching who is going to be good or bad. He can see in your little heart and knows if you've been naughty and cheating and pushing others out of the way to get toilet paper. Come on, let's all join hands.

Dom, EOTL is breaking the politics rules so I'm going to shoot back at him. Why do you allow this? Plus, I paid my $15 and I still can;t edit my post or delete a thread. I have rights too you know? Oh well, you seem to be EOTL biggest fan. Get ready everyone. Real leaders will soon be helping us. We are one big mess and were way over our heads and we ALL know it except EOTL. Real Local Commander ((MP)), not some health pro or math wiz who also likes to add colors to make his math look right and help so many lose theor private company and others who are just SOL like who can;t find work. Numbers have been used against us like no other time in history.

What is the true meaning of martial law?
Martial law involves the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster. Abstract: When martial law is in effect, the military commander of an area or country has unlimited authority to make and enforce laws.

We don;t want or need proud boys or proud anything trying to be cops. Stand down and stay in your houses. Let the real pros handle things. USA!!! USA!!!! USA!!!!

Uh, I just responded to your comment about ICU beds. There wasn’t a single word in your post about soccer. If you don’t want a thread to go off topic, don’t do it.

There was also not a single word about politics in my post either. You just label everything you don’t want to hear as politics.

Uh, I just responded to your comment about ICU beds. There wasn’t a single word in your post about soccer. If you don’t want a thread to go off topic, don’t do it.

There was also not a single word about politics in my post either. You just label everything you don’t want to hear as politics.
When do you think the MP will take over?

Back