Girls DPL?

I haven't heard of one DA player even attempting to play HS. Most don't want it, and the others know it likely wouldn't be wise.
High school soccer does not start til November so obviously you have not seen a girls DA player attempt to play HS. Boys in DA have found ways around the rule.

I have heard nothing but positive from many of the non-ECNL DA clubs especially from ex-Blues, Slammers, and West Coast players parents. I think these parents have finally seen what training is rather than the best girls joining a team and the coach watching them scrimmage all practice.
What will also be very interesting is that the fully funded clubs will not hesitate to cut girls at the end of the season, there is a long list of girls who would love to play for free! What also will be interesting is that next year the 04's will become the U15 DA teams and the current 03's will move into the U16/17 bracket. If DA does not become single age specific as the group moves up in age, many of those girls will not make the cut because there will be fewer spots and will be back in ECNL pushing a lot of those current players out. So everybody enjoy this year, next year will be even more interesting.

What will also be very interesting is that the fully funded clubs will not hesitate to cut girls at the end of the season, there is a long list of girls who would love to play for free! What also will be interesting is that next year the 04's will become the U15 DA teams and the current 03's will move into the U16/17 bracket. If DA does not become single age specific as the group moves up in age, many of those girls will not make the cut because there will be fewer spots and will be back in ECNL pushing a lot of those current players out. So everybody enjoy this year, next year will be even more interesting.

On the boys side when single year DA teams hit the composite age groups, they typically move those players that can play with the older age group up, and then take the younger team and enter them into the top level of whatever league they are associated with (CSL Premiere or SCDSL Flight 1 - Champions) for the off year, some attempted to join Cal South's CRL, but a few of those teams were denied play-in opportunities probably because CRL knew they were only 1 season teams. I imagine the ECNL will take the team for a year, knowing it will lose that team.

Next year all DA teams go age specific. U15,U16,U17,U18.

The only part that sux is the fact that minimum USSF B license coaches are not required until 2021. We need to rid the landscape of the pretenders TODAY. I guess they are giving many of the 'top' club coaches the opportunity to go learn the game and become actual soccer coaches rather than kool-aid distributers.

Developmental saboteurs, especially at the top clubs. Easier to gather advanced players rather than develop them.
The misleading and tragic place to be is your dd being in the middle to lower of the pack with 3-4 ringers on the team.
False sense of development and overconfidence by the parents. 3-4 times a week of warm ups, passing drills, and scrimmages equals
development. Oh, make sure to watch some pro soccer matches to increase your soccer IQ. Until the club brings in studs who happened to
be developed at the lesser\"not as good as our club" homers would say to replace your dd. By then, it is too late and your dd has nowhere to go.

Not saying all clubs or teams are this way, but be aware of what is going on and do your homework.
Don't be a low soccer IQ parent. Some clubs rely on this to keep the engine running and collect big paychecks.
Couple things that worked well for my dd.
Joined training with all boys with rondo, rondo, rondo, and some more rondo. Faster, stronger, and more creative play.
Joined a small group of highly motivated girls from different clubs and highly motivated (non club) coaches who loves soccer and teaching.
No freaking looking at the phone ever during teaching.
Wall work everyday. At school. At home. 10 minutes here. 5 minutes there. Touches add up quickly.
Good luck. Focus on your kid b/c nobody else will.

So I noticed that even though some of the DA teams have large rosters, a lot of girls are listed as "Not Rostered" for games leaving less that 15 players per game. I understand that some girls are hurt or have other soccer commitments but it appears to be more missing that the norm. Is this by design to maximize playing time per player to get them fit asap (i.e. U14s are going from 60 minute games last year to 80 minute games) or are that many girls unavailable for games? Might this actually leave opportunities for DPL players?

Developmental saboteurs, especially at the top clubs. Easier to gather advanced players rather than develop them.
The misleading and tragic place to be is your dd being in the middle to lower of the pack with 3-4 ringers on the team.
False sense of development and overconfidence by the parents. 3-4 times a week of warm ups, passing drills, and scrimmages equals
development. Oh, make sure to watch some pro soccer matches to increase your soccer IQ. Until the club brings in studs who happened to
be developed at the lesser\"not as good as our club" homers would say to replace your dd. By then, it is too late and your dd has nowhere to go.

Not saying all clubs or teams are this way, but be aware of what is going on and do your homework.
Don't be a low soccer IQ parent. Some clubs rely on this to keep the engine running and collect big paychecks.
Couple things that worked well for my dd.
Joined training with all boys with rondo, rondo, rondo, and some more rondo. Faster, stronger, and more creative play.
Joined a small group of highly motivated girls from different clubs and highly motivated (non club) coaches who loves soccer and teaching.
No freaking looking at the phone ever during teaching.
Wall work everyday. At school. At home. 10 minutes here. 5 minutes there. Touches add up quickly.
Good luck. Focus on your kid b/c nobody else will.

You clearly are the parent of a Uolder player. You are 100% spot on. Too many kool aid drinkers. Not enough thinkers. Focus on your player and they will benefit and succeed.

So I noticed that even though some of the DA teams have large rosters, a lot of girls are listed as "Not Rostered" for games leaving less that 15 players per game. I understand that some girls are hurt or have other soccer commitments but it appears to be more missing that the norm. Is this by design to maximize playing time per player to get them fit asap (i.e. U14s are going from 60 minute games last year to 80 minute games) or are that many girls unavailable for games? Might this actually leave opportunities for DPL players?

DA at the older ages only can make 5 substitutions. What I have heard is that instead of giving the 17th and 18th girl hope that they will get into that game some teams are only having 16 girls rostered. DPL players or any others can't be used as a DP until after October 3rd or so. I also think DP is a long shot. Maybe a few clubs will use one or two at the most.

Might it have something to do with the substitution rules? I don't know how many subs per age group, but if they are following international rules, there will be a maximum of 3 subs per game. Thus, you don't need a roster larger than 14-15 per game day. Once a player is subbed and done for the game must be a dose of cold water for some parents.

As for the DPL player opportunities, with a few of the game reports I have seen, it looks like the coaches are giving the younger age group DA players a chance to play up versus pulling from the DPL team(s). I am speaking specifically of the 03 game reports. I have not reviewed the older age groups.

Might it have something to do with the substitution rules? I don't know how many subs per age group, but if they are following international rules, there will be a maximum of 3 subs per game. Thus, you don't need a roster larger than 14-15 per game day. Once a player is subbed and done for the game must be a dose of cold water for some parents.

As for the DPL player opportunities, with a few of the game reports I have seen, it looks like the coaches are giving the younger age group DA players a chance to play up versus pulling from the DPL team(s). I am speaking specifically of the 03 game reports. I have not reviewed the older age groups.

For DA @ U15+ 5 subs across three "moment's” so only 16 can play each game even if you roster the max 18 game day.

U13&U14 7 Subs, across three "moment's”

Both my kids know several girls planing on playing HS in addition to DA this year.

DA at the older ages only can make 5 substitutions. What I have heard is that instead of giving the 17th and 18th girl hope that they will get into that game some teams are only having 16 girls rostered. DPL players or any others can't be used as a DP until after October 3rd or so. I also think DP is a long shot. Maybe a few clubs will use one or two at the most.

DPL Rosters are also very low from what I have seen on multiple DPL teams. I think the reason DPL girls will not be used for DA, is that the small roster DPL teams will be done without 2-3 girls if they are moved up to DA. It would be nice if they could play Saturday with DPL and Sunday with DA, but with all the rules I doubt that is allowed.

A player cannot be added as a DP until after October 3rd. So no DPL or other players could have been pulled up yet.

DPL Rosters are also very low from what I have seen on multiple DPL teams. I think the reason DPL girls will not be used for DA, is that the small roster DPL teams will be done without 2-3 girls if they are moved up to DA. It would be nice if they could play Saturday with DPL and Sunday with DA, but with all the rules I doubt that is allowed.

DA won't care about what it does to the DPL roster. Also they can't be pulled up until after 10/3 which is more than half way through the DPL season. Then DP's can only play in 6 games. The rules don't mention anything about playing a DA game as a DP then playing the next day or week with their normal team so I think that would be allowed. I really don't think it will be used much at all. Unless a team is hit with injuries and needs to pull up a player to fill a void or if they simply have not had the time to truly evaluate a player and the DPL player is actually better than the depth chart on the DA for their position it won't happen. The rules also say a player should not be used as a DP unless they will get playing time.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/q7yzwj6a5m86gensd1g3itbs1yyb2rhf

For DA @ U15+ 5 subs across three "moment's” so only 16 can play each game even if you roster the max 18 game day.

U13&U14 7 Subs, across three "moment's”

Both my kids know several girls planing on playing HS in addition to DA this year.
From the looks of the game reports, it looks like the U14s are not even fostering their 11+7subs. And at all ages subs look like they are only being used after a game is under control. For example the U15 Surf v Albion game used very few subs probably since the game was close, both teams kept their best players in. Can we throw out the "D" in DA now. As has always been the case, most coaches care about wins not development.

Back