Girls DPL?

From the looks of the game reports, it looks like the U14s are not even fostering their 11+7subs. And at all ages subs look like they are only being used after a game is under control. For example the U15 Surf v Albion game used very few subs probably since the game was close, both teams kept their best players in. Can we throw out the "D" in DA now. As has always been the case, most coaches care about wins not development.

Give your agenda a rest. The season just started and teams have only played 1 or 2 games. The sub rules are different in this league. Once you sub a player out they are done for the game. In this scenario it is hard to imagine you will see much subbing in the first half of the game unless there is an injury. In fact, subs will likely be limited and see limited time in any game. A better indicator will be are they rotating starting players. So after 5-10 games look to see if all girls are getting multiple starts more than the minimum 25%. If it is the same 11 every week and with the remainder getting the 25% minimum that will tell the tale.

Give your agenda a rest. The season just started and teams have only played 1 or 2 games. The sub rules are different in this league. Once you sub a player out they are done for the game. In this scenario it is hard to imagine you will see much subbing in the first half of the game unless there is an injury. In fact, subs will likely be limited and see limited time in any game. A better indicator will be are they rotating starting players. So after 5-10 games look to see if all girls are getting multiple starts more than the minimum 25%. If it is the same 11 every week and with the remainder getting the 25% minimum that will tell the tale.

It's clear people don't know these teams and why people were sitting vs not. It also doesn't say positions. I agree with your post wholeheartedly.
Too early yet. It's chess not checkers

On the boys side when single year DA teams hit the composite age groups, they typically move those players that can play with the older age group up, and then take the younger team and enter them into the top level of whatever league they are associated with (CSL Premiere or SCDSL Flight 1 - Champions) for the off year, some attempted to join Cal South's CRL, but a few of those teams were denied play-in opportunities probably because CRL knew they were only 1 season teams. I imagine the ECNL will take the team for a year, knowing it will lose that team.
So, maybe there will be an ECNL 1 team and an ECNL 2 team. :)

From the looks of the game reports, it looks like the U14s are not even fostering their 11+7subs. And at all ages subs look like they are only being used after a game is under control. For example the U15 Surf v Albion game used very few subs probably since the game was close, both teams kept their best players in. Can we throw out the "D" in DA now. As has always been the case, most coaches care about wins not development.
So you got all this from reading the match reports. Damn your good

Any chance you have a concrete source for this, Kicknit22? I've been wondering about this and would love to have it confirmed.
Its a fact. I not only heard it in discussion with DA staff, but I'm pretty certain it's been written about as well. I heard it straight from US Soccer Technicla Advisor as too. So, I feel pretty confident about it.

It took me a while, but I did find an actual link that shows DPL game results. It's pretty well buried and I only found it by clicking on a link found on a blog. Anyway, they have results and standings, but not rosters, which I was more interested in. I wonder if it is a hindrance to college recruiting that these teams are playing in a closed circuit without any database of who is on the teams? http://dpleague.org/#

It took me a while, but I did find an actual link that shows DPL game results. It's pretty well buried and I only found it by clicking on a link found on a blog. Anyway, they have results and standings, but not rosters, which I was more interested in. I wonder if it is a hindrance to college recruiting that these teams are playing in a closed circuit without any database of who is on the teams? http://dpleague.org/#

Doesn't matter. No coaches are coming out to league games anyway especially during the college season. Eventually as these teams play tournaments their rosters will be on Got Soccer.

Its a fact. I not only heard it in discussion with DA staff, but I'm pretty certain it's been written about as well. I heard it straight from US Soccer Technicla Advisor as too. So, I feel pretty confident about it.

Yes heard similar info, the application's for next season 18-19' are coming out soon,maybe next week and they will have the final info.

The only twist for the boys I heard that was being considered was composite U18/19 only. The current U18/19 is for and 00's & 99's so if U18 is the last AG in 18-19' those 00's won't have a AG to play in since U18 is 2001's for 18-19.

Doesn't matter. No coaches are coming out to league games anyway especially during the college season. Eventually as these teams play tournaments their rosters will be on Got Soccer.
Eventually, yes. But that's a ways off. I've been trying to track down a couple of really good players who I saw play last year on other teams and I suspect they're on DPL teams because I can't find them on any ECNL, DA, SCDSL, or CSL teams, but I don't know because there are no rosters posted anywhere. Seems like a simple enough thing to have a roster posted. If I were a parent of a kid on a DPL team, I'd want that info out there and available to see.

I have seen local coaches come out during the fall. Especially if they only have one game that weekend. My player's coaching staff came to several league games before and after she committed. Coaches want to see a player in their normal team environment. A ton can be learned about the player, her interactions with her teammates, coaches and you can glean info on the parents. National rankings are nice but any good coach likes to see if a player passes the eye test. That's how you find diamonds!!

Eventually, yes. But that's a ways off. I've been trying to track down a couple of really good players who I saw play last year on other teams and I suspect they're on DPL teams because I can't find them on any ECNL, DA, SCDSL, or CSL teams, but I don't know because there are no rosters posted anywhere. Seems like a simple enough thing to have a roster posted. If I were a parent of a kid on a DPL team, I'd want that info out there and available to see.
The game reports have rosters.
http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/ss/view_game_report.php?eventId=4143168&teamId=3929963

The DA teams have rosters (some teams didn't post them until the first weekend), but seems odd that DPL teams (which are the DA II teams) don't.

@Mystery Train was referring to DPL, not DA. DPL hasn't published their rosters.

Yep.
ECNL, ECNL 2, EGSL, DA, DAII, DPL . . .
o_O As if club soccer needed more confusion.

The DA Game Reports are really cool. I love how they list the roster (FT versus DP; rostered versus non-rostered; starter versus reserve), the substitution times and the positions (not all teams list the player positions). I do have a question for the forum......when a player receives a yellow card, it lists a code for the offense. Where do you get the legend to those infractions? Here is a link to a game report with a yellow card listed: http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/ss/view_game_report.php?eventId=4143765&teamId=4005180

As for the DPL teams/rosters....the DPL website is quite poor (dpleague.org) and has very little information. There are no rosters or game reports, but it looks like the same website service company (not sure what to call them), Bonzi handles the DA and DPL sites. The other item I would like from the DPL site is the coaching staff. Just curious how other organizations are handling their DA/DPL rosters. As an example, Pats 03 DA/DPL teams are both head coached by DR. Just curious if other DA organizations are using the same structure.

Back