Girls Development Academy

Discussion in 'Girls Development Academy' started by Swoosh, Jul 8, 2016.

1. tugs

tugs Bronze

Ratings:
    +177 / 6
    A word of warning regarding DA spring showcase in North Carolina; DA made a mistake on the webinar when it posted dates for GU15 (originally posted that play would be April 6, 7 or 8th and 9th). On the webinar they stated play would be April 7, 8th or 9th and 10th). They have graciously admitted their mistake to our club/DOC but said they cannot undo the webinar stated dates. So to those affected families who have already made travel plans, they said to contact them and they would try to provide assistance (I have no idea what that means). Hope your GU15 family was not affected.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gameon1

Gameon1 Bronze

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Are you kidding, you think that Blues 01 and 02 ECNL Baker has a drop off and can't compete with the DA teams. Wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Livinthedream

Livinthedream Bronze

Ratings:
    +202 / 0
    Ok, time to chime in. Blues Baker is a different situation all together. Baker convinced his parents NOT to go DA and to keep their Championship ECNL team intact. As a matter of fact, a lot of his players are enrolled at J Serra. Remember DA players don’t play High School...ECNL players can play High School. Baker gets to keep his ECNL team intact and he gets to keep his Championship High School Team stacked. I’m pretty sure other then Blues being the exception. A Club that has both DA and ECNL teams, the DA team is the stronger of the two. As for being looked at by US Soccer...DA has US Reps at training sessions and games. Now parents will get on here and talk about how good their DD is and how they really want to play high school and stay on their ECNL team. But if they made the team they would be playing DA. Argue all you want but it’s true.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Kicker4Life

Kicker4Life

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 30
    I know one player who left Baker to Play DA, she is a Freshman in High School and is also on the Varsity Tennis team. Needless to say, she is not enrolled at JSerra.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LadiesMan217

LadiesMan217 Silver

Ratings:
    +585 / 25
    What are you talking about? When did I say Baker's kickball team lost talent? The original comment I responded to was there was not a drop in ECNL talent. That is a dumb statement and I called it out. ECNL is not just SoCal Blues. So many girls that had no chance of making ECNL last year are now playing because of the player movement to GDA. ECNL has lost talent. It is stupid to say otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. LASTMAN14

LASTMAN14

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 12
    Go RUHS!:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Knight

Chris Knight Bronze

Ratings:
    +40 / 4
    Straw Grasping ^ ?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lambchop

Lambchop Bronze

Ratings:
    +276 / 14
    It is my understanding that a forfeit usually only always one goal to opposing team. In this case beBurlingame cause
    100 games?? Seriously? DA teams do not play 100 games per age group. Are you counting DA all ages and all non DA games. Just eliminate league games , games counted toward standings and all those scores. If they were averaging 5-6 against them per game, that gives the teams they played an unfair advantage for playoffs, as opposed to only 1 goal awarded for games to be forfeited. It does matter.

9. Lambchop

Lambchop Bronze

Ratings:
    +276 / 14
    I guess if you don't mind getting hit with an angry, flying clipboard, that team will be highly competitive, until they graduate next year.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Kicker4Life

Kicker4Life

Ratings:
    +1,624 / 30
    GF/GA only count in cases of a tie breaker, so it’s really not that big of a deal standings wise...You still get the 3 points.

11. MakeAPlay

MakeAPlay Silver Elite

Ratings:
    +4,414 / 76
    Luckily colleges recruit players not teams. It's everybody for themselves when it comes to getting offers. You don't even need to be on a great team. The player just has to be great.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. SocalPapa

SocalPapa

Ratings:
    +305 / 8
    Yes, counting all games and all age groups, it looks like 8 would have to be forfeited out of 100 total DA games on Burlingame's schedule for the season.

What you need to consider is that DA teams play some games out of their division. Take Burlingame's U15 team for example. So far they have played (and lost) four league games against So Cal teams (Real So Cal, LA Premier, Legends and Beach). They have two remaining games in So Cal (LA Galaxy and Eagles) that look like they will have to be forfeited. There's also one home game left against a So Cal team (LAFC). If you void those 7 games, all 7 of those teams will be one game short when it comes to determining the final standings of the 14 teams in the Southwest - U-15 West Division.

And yes, LA Galaxy and Eagles will be deprived of an opportunity to run up the score in their games, but there are 7 teams in the Southwest - U-15 West Division that aren't schedule to play Burlingame at all. Any team from So Cal that had Burlingame on the schedule got a benefit this season (forfeit or no).

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +419 / 12

You cannot be that clueless @Chris Knight ...well perhaps you can be. It's not desperation to state the obvious. GDA essentially FORCED all teams to be in Florida during semester exams or face the consequences. Obviously, getting girls committed wasn't on their minds as who would do such a foolish thing and jeopardize grades? Oh wait ...we already know the answer. The girls played second fiddle once again to their male counterparts who obviously had the better dates. Furthermore , we all know the one club in NorCal who didn't show up who recently got the axe. Just taking a quick glance, Burlingame isn't the only club giving up over 5 goals per game. One can look at IMG as a testament to that argument.

As for the Phoenix event in Fall, myself and many others were there. I know what I saw in Phoenix , and I know what you didn't see. Again foolish to assume colleges and U.S. scouts are only there for SoCal and Texas and that ECNL is filled with second and third tier teams.

I don't have to convince myself about ECNL's relevance as I'm getting the desired results. Would I like for it to be more competitive...absolutely. Unfortunately that's hard to do with 21 "Elite" teams in SoCal. As for being "stuck" in Vegas...that she is not. It's a choice to have my DD play here. Seriously not convinced about the GDA product.

Just looking over the YNT rosters, players are from all of the country and not just exclusively SoCal or Texas. NorCal sends a lot of its players , and they are still primarily ECNL. So, keep believing that MTC Rep if you want. If you believe that YNT will only be players from GDA, then I'd like to sale you ocean front property in Idaho.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Simisoccerfan

Simisoccerfan Bronze

Ratings:
    +289 / 11
    My dd attended Florida and managed just fine with her finals and grades.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. MarkM

MarkM Bronze

Ratings:
    +114 / 9
    I didn't even know my DD had final exams on December 6-8. Gosh darn-it!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. shales1002

shales1002 Silver

Ratings:
    +419 / 12
    You are missing my point. Why put the girls in that situation? Your DD did fine , honestly glad to hear. I know several girls who didn't attend because it was the week of exams, the week prior to exams, or in A.P. Classes the essay portion of exams. Parents didn't want to risk it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Lambchop

Lambchop Bronze

Ratings:
    +276 / 14
    For league standings it does count. Since Burlingame has lost every single game, that is a win for all the teams that have played them, thus if the record is tied you look at goals for and against. Simple eliminate any game counting for league and all is righted. Tournament games don't count.

18. Lambchop

Lambchop Bronze

Ratings:
    +276 / 14
    Well since YNT is a two year cycle and very little changes in off years, and DA has only been around for a few months there probably is a lot of ECNL players. The next few years will be telling.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Simisoccerfan

Simisoccerfan Bronze

Ratings:
    +289 / 11
    There are only so many weekends when this event could take place. You have finals and Christmas coming up fast. Thanksgiving weekend just occurred. Obviously they need to pick a weekend after the College season is over so coaches can attend. So your left with Thanksgiving weekend when the later rounds of college playoffs is still occurring, the next weekend when the boys showcase occurred (and their DA program has been established for years) and the weekend that the event occurred. I think they chose the right weekend. There is a lot of downtime between games so there is plenty of time to study.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Real Deal

Real Deal

Ratings:
    +314 / 13
    Yes it does seem unfair. Maybe just make all the Burlingame games forfeits? That'd work too without changing win/loss records. I wondered why non-league games count anyway.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1