Girls Development Academy

I assume US Soccer also figured in some natural attrition (due to girls switching to other sports or activities). Age 14 is a peak year for soccer participation and it drops off rather dramatically after that, especially for girls.

View attachment 1912View attachment 1913
Yep, and that's why they expanded DA for the 03, 04 girls, right, oh, and Frontier division keeps single age band for those girls next year, yep, and 03 is the only age loosing it, yep. High school always sees a drop off, nothing new there.

Yep, and that's why they expanded DA for the 03, 04 girls, right, oh, and Frontier division keeps single age band for those girls next year, yep, and 03 is the only age loosing it, yep. High school always sees a drop off, nothing new there.
I can't understand your point through all the snarkiness. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

You agree high school sees a drop off, right? So wouldn't continuing to place older girls on dual-age-band teams and younger girls on single-age-band teams be consistent with that? Or is that not in fact what's happening (Frontier division excepted)?

In any event, natural attrition will reduce the number of '03s that will end up actually being cut next year, which is the main point I was trying to make.

I can't understand your point through all the snarkiness. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

You agree high school sees a drop off, right? So wouldn't continuing to place older girls on dual-age-band teams and younger girls on single-age-band teams be consistent with that? Or is that not in fact what's happening (Frontier division excepted)?

In any event, natural attrition will reduce the number of '03s that will end up actually being cut next year, which is the main point I was trying to make.
The 03's started high school this year and are single age band, no problem with attrition there. US soccer lead a lot of coaches, DOC's and players to believe the 03 would continue as a single age band next year. So much for US soccer presentations.

The 03's started high school this year and are single age band, no problem with attrition there. US soccer lead a lot of coaches, DOC's and players to believe the 03 would continue as a single age band next year. So much for US soccer presentations.
Are you sure it was a US soccer presentation and not wishful thinking of the DA clubs that though they could add one more team to line their pockets?

Just like your continual flying clipboard comments, your it's not fair to the 03s whining is draining me. This is not a trophy for all, DA is survival of the fittest and if your kid gets cut too bad. Find another DA team or maybe just maybe they don't belong in DA. Remember the cream floats to the top.

Emotion? Yeah okay... whatever. This is discourse. Simply put I don’t agree with your take on ECNL. For the record, I’ve never stated anything negative about the actual GDA showcase other than it’s timing and girls getting crappy dates. Nor did I state anything negative about GDA, just that it’s not for my DD at this time. We are not willing to give everything thing else up for a new patch. No need for disclaimers, most don’t know who my DD is anyways. Sure you can find her if you dig a little.

Yes, Exams! Parents will hopefully make a responsible decision that works for their player. As others posted their was down time to study for EXAMS. It’s not silly to understand their significance, it’s SILLY NOT to acknowledge it.

Have you been to a GDA Showcase?
Nope, they have only had one that was 2,382 miles from my house. That’s a bit far dontcha think ?

Have you even been to a GDA match?
Yup, it was very lope-sided. If I remember the score was like 7-0... could be wrong on the score.
Maybe 7-1.

Training session?
Yup, it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary.

So, yes I have enough experience with GDA to know, I’m not getting anything any different for my DD at this point in time, other than a new shiny patch o_O.

No need to sale anyone on anything. It’s not my place, and besides I personally hate sales. However, that’s what USSF should be doing a better job of. GDA hasn’t sold me on anything. Case in point ... them screwing over the 2003’s for 18/19 season. Now, if they change it before the season, Kudos to them.

I said their are more REGIONS in this vast country than SoCal and NTX and I have consistently stated that 21 “elite” anything shouldn’t exist anywhere and doesn’t.

And you kid will be ... that’s a typo. Oof ;)!
Your dd could play AYSO and have no problem being discovered.

Has anyone heard about DA clubs already signing player up for next season? The season is only half way through. If I were a sophomore or junior and was able to commit to a college in the next few months, I might not want to play DA for the final year or two if I had a long drive or wanted to play high school. Or I might want to switch to another DA team that had players that also committed to the same college. We've talked about tryouts before State Cup being the root of multiple problems. In effect, making players commit to a DA team 5-6 months before the end of the season seems much worse.

Are you sure it was a US soccer presentation and not wishful thinking of the DA clubs that though they could add one more team to line their pockets?

Just like your continual flying clipboard comments, your it's not fair to the 03s whining is draining me. This is not a trophy for all, DA is survival of the fittest and if your kid gets cut too bad. Find another DA team or maybe just maybe they don't belong in DA. Remember the cream floats to the top.

Monkey, the problem is that DA went single age band for 03, 04 this year now they are backtracking going dual age band for 03 EXCEPT for 9 different clubs in the Frontier division who are staying single age band for these two groups next year. They are "piloting" 03 single age band, yep, right.

Monkey, the problem is that DA went single age band for 03, 04 this year now they are backtracking going dual age band for 03 EXCEPT for 9 different clubs in the Frontier division who are staying single age band for these two groups next year. They are "piloting" 03 single age band, yep, right.
That's like saying the 2008s play 9 v 9 so it is not fair if they move them to a bigger field next year and play 11 v 11, they are going to get less touches. Get over it.

Has anyone heard about DA clubs already signing player up for next season? The season is only half way through. If I were a sophomore or junior and was able to commit to a college in the next few months, I might not want to play DA for the final year or two if I had a long drive or wanted to play high school. Or I might want to switch to another DA team that had players that also committed to the same college. We've talked about tryouts before State Cup being the root of multiple problems. In effect, making players commit to a DA team 5-6 months before the end of the season seems much worse.
Is that allowed per DA rules and other than losing your fees you paid in advance, is there anything stopping you from changing your mind once you commit but before you sign the paperwork as it pertains to US Soccer? A lot of things can change in 5 month and for clubs to demand payment now seems unethical?

That's like saying the 2008s play 9 v 9 so it is not fair if they move them to a bigger field next year and play 11 v 11, they are going to get less touches. Get over it.

No-- its more like saying the 05s will go back to playing 9v9 next season except for Frontier Division who will pilot staying 11v11. A lot of 03s will lose their spots, (except in Frontier Division).

No-- its more like saying the 05s will go back to playing 9v9 next season except for Frontier Division who will pilot staying 11v11. A lot of 03s will lose their spots, (except in Frontier Division).
Players on top teams lose their spot when a more skilled player comes in. Players also lose playing time when they are not performing. The cream rises.

Lol. "Line their Pockets" Clubs are more likely to go out of business than lining their pockets with another DA team. 12 more months and I'd be surprised if we don't see teams leave the due to the financial strain of hosting the DA program.

Please elaborate- because there is a huge disparity of what some people get for the money they spend so please break this down for me.

Lol. "Line their Pockets" Clubs are more likely to go out of business than lining their pockets with another DA team. 12 more months and I'd be surprised if we don't see teams leave the due to the financial strain of hosting the DA program.
I am sure the Fully Funded DA Clubs are happiest about keeping the number of teams at 4.

I think next year AZ will have another DA team.

Real Salt Lake next year will have a partnership with a new club called RSL-AZ. Sereno just merged with Legacy and together they will be RSL-AZ.

https://www.rsl.com/post/2018/01/11...phoenix-based-sereno-legacy-clubs-join-forces

"Real Salt Lake is refocusing its Academy in Arizona with Sereno to help develop and support the players of Arizona and surrounding areas. The training and match facilities for RSL-AZ will be in the heart of Phoenix for easy access for players from across the Valley and state.

In addition to the boys Academy, the RSL-Sereno partnership also introduces an RSL-Arizona girls academy to facilitate upward movement to the new Utah Royals FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL), which kicks off its season at Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah this Spring. The RSL-Arizona Academy expands the depth and breadth of elite girls' academies with a direct connection to a NWSL team."

The line your pockets comment was meant for the clubs with DPL that are selling the dream of DA to these families. They already have 1 team per age, but will lose a revenue source as families realize that they don't have a chance to make the DA team and decide to go elsewhere.

I think next year AZ will have another DA team.

Real Salt Lake next year will have a partnership with a new club called RSL-AZ. Sereno just merged with Legacy and together they will be RSL-AZ.

https://www.rsl.com/post/2018/01/11...phoenix-based-sereno-legacy-clubs-join-forces

"Real Salt Lake is refocusing its Academy in Arizona with Sereno to help develop and support the players of Arizona and surrounding areas. The training and match facilities for RSL-AZ will be in the heart of Phoenix for easy access for players from across the Valley and state.

In addition to the boys Academy, the RSL-Sereno partnership also introduces an RSL-Arizona girls academy to facilitate upward movement to the new Utah Royals FC of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL), which kicks off its season at Rio Tinto Stadium in Utah this Spring. The RSL-Arizona Academy expands the depth and breadth of elite girls' academies with a direct connection to a NWSL team."

Thanks for the update Desert Hound. Do you view DA expansion as positive for AZ soccer?

The line your pockets comment was meant for the clubs with DPL that are selling the dream of DA to these families. They already have 1 team per age, but will lose a revenue source as families realize that they don't have a chance to make the DA team and decide to go elsewhere.

Totally disagree. DPL costs are very similar to what other top non DA/ECNL teams charge. I don't see it costing more versus SCDSL or CSL unless you go to a club with volunteer coaches. Looking at match reports for the DA there already have been a number of DPL players getting time as DP's for the DA. DPL clubs have been getting into all the right showcases so that is working to. Finally in our case it did create a path to full time DA. I even know of some DPL kids that have committed to college.

Thanks for the update Desert Hound. Do you view DA expansion as positive for AZ soccer?

Well for starters I think the merger is a positive. The combined club should over time be able to field better teams vs Sereno alone or Legacy alone. The typical teams will continue to train in their respective areas within the metro area. However for the very top teams they are going to move the training to an area far more central. Sereno should continue to have/keep most of their current players on their ECNL teams for example. However moving to a more central training area will now bring in kids whose parents were unwilling to drive so far. By far I mean to where Sereno currently trains or where del Sol trains (both clubs are currently pretty close to each other. Essentially they now bring in the entire east valley into play while keeping what they currently have.

It now makes for a very strong club.

It is a very interesting development.

Back