Girls Development Academy

May have posted this in the wrong thread, sorry for the duplicate:
View attachment 1208

Looks like for girls are required to have 32 players minimum for the combined age group teams (similar to boys DA), but for separate age groupings, it is unclear. Is this saying that for U14 and U15 you need to have 32 minimum on each team? Or 32 between U15 and U14? Does that mean you could have 13 players on U14 and 19 players on U15 and you would meet the requirement?

Rosters need to meet the minimum by August 18th at 5:00 pm CST. No DPs allowed until October 2nd.

https://ussoccer.app.box.com/s/6pblyk29e2y8gup4qns1nm6i2yv2yilf

The numbers you see is for 2 teams combined

What are the substitution rules for Girls DA?

I came across this in the girls da application. What does for example seven subs across three opportunities mean?

Substitution rules: no re
-entry; seven substitutions across three “opportunities” for U
-14/15;
five substitutions across three “opportunities” for U
-16/17 and U-
18/19
It was explained to me that if you plan to use 7 subs, you have to do it in pairs/groups rather than subbing 1 girl each at 7 different times. Instead of opportunities, I heard the term "moments." So a coach can not disrupt the flow of the game with 7 separate substitution "moments." It was not clear to me if halftime counted as a "moment."

It was explained to me that if you plan to use 7 subs, you have to do it in pairs/groups rather than subbing 1 girl each at 7 different times. Instead of opportunities, I heard the term "moments." So a coach can not disrupt the flow of the game with 7 separate substitution "moments." It was not clear to me if halftime counted as a "moment."

One of the functions of league administrators seems to be to make up rules that inhibit kids from playing.

For USSDA 11v11; 3 substitution times (moments) plus half time, 7 players can be substituted total during those (3) times + half time. Half time is not considered a moment, game is not moving.

A change like ECNL does with reentry in another half would help but I kind of doubt you will see that in 11v11 in DA.

For USSDA 11v11; 3 substitution times (moments) plus half time, 7 players can be substituted total during those (3) times + half time. Half time is not considered a moment, game is not moving.

A change like ECNL does with reentry in another half would help but I kind of doubt you will see that in 11v11 in DA.

No re-entry is the controversial rule, for both development and safety. On development, there are valid arguments on both sides. But from a safety standpoint, while it might seem a cautious approach (injured kids cannot return), in practice the opposite is more likely (kids who get knocked around hide the pain lest their day end with a substitution). At 13-16 years old, not something to encourage. I have known too many "tough" soccer players who were always playing through the pain, particularly on the girls side, whose bodies start breaking down between ages 17-21.

No re-entry is the controversial rule, for both development and safety. On development, there are valid arguments on both sides. But from a safety standpoint, while it might seem a cautious approach (injured kids cannot return), in practice the opposite is more likely (kids who get knocked around hide the pain lest their day end with a substitution). At 13-16 years old, not something to encourage. I have known too many "tough" soccer players who were always playing through the pain, particularly on the girls side, whose bodies start breaking down between ages 17-21.

@Dos Equis I have to say that I agree with you 100%. I swear that we used to be on opposite sides of the argument on the old forum back in the old SCDSL/CSL split days. I still can't figure out if it was my opinion that changed or yours? Or maybe I just imagined it all.

I agree with Dos Equis (and MAP). I think limited subs in the youth game could lead to injuries. The place for limited subs is in the adult game (college) to better prepare adult players for the international game.

Shame on coaches who don't
I agree with Dos Equis (and MAP). I think limited subs in the youth game could lead to injuries. The place for limited subs is in the adult game (college) to better prepare adult players for the international game.
Limited subs will prevent more injuries from happening IMO. Recovery is key to development unless you are a Unicorn. So now coaches will have to rest players maybe circle key games and rest groups of Unicorns at a time. Unless you're a purple Unicorns you need to rest.

@Dos Equis I have to say that I agree with you 100%. I swear that we used to be on opposite sides of the argument on the old forum back in the old SCDSL/CSL split days. I still can't figure out if it was my opinion that changed or yours? Or maybe I just imagined it all.

Perhaps experience has helped us better understand each other.

Which begs the question of why international play needs limited subs.

Which begs the question of why international play needs limited subs.
For whatever reason the international game has limited subs. Since the US is trying to be competitive in the international game, we should practice it. In my opinion, unlimited subs at the college level allows for the continuation of the direct, "kick and run" style game that many club teams use.

For whatever reason the international game has limited subs. Since the US is trying to be competitive in the international game, we should practice it. In my opinion, unlimited subs at the college level allows for the continuation of the direct, "kick and run" style game that many club teams use.
Well put

Title IX is in the way but I agree with you.

Depends on the age. For the purposes of development, at the younger ages, even the international game believes in more flexible subsitution rules.

At the college ages, limited subs would also require a reduction in frequency of games. Not unusual for our college teams to average 3 games per week. That would not be practical nor safe without more liberal substitution rules (and perhaps is not wise even now).

Too often, we cherry pick which practices to follow and end up worse off, not understanding how the parts fit together to create the whole.

That seems to be the fate of US Soccer.

The tough players continue to play even with unlimited subbing. Perhaps older players whose bodies start "breaking down" as you say are not properly conditioned, trained or the player is just plain burned out and is done. I have seen plenty of that.

The tough players continue to play even with unlimited subbing. Perhaps older players whose bodies start "breaking down" as you say are not properly conditioned, trained or the player is just plain burned out and is done. I have seen plenty of that.
The best conditioned athletes can only stress themselves for so long. Breaking down or burning out happens to the best of the best. Even the ones who mentally get through fatigue end up suffering in other places like the classroom or health wise. I watch our dds run up and down the field and it upsets me when the running mechanics are shot and the coaches don't subbed.

Found this in the current DA rules:

Substitutions: All U15/16 and U17/18 Academy games will have a maximum of five(5) substitutions per game with no reentry across three “opportunities”.
U13, U14 Academy games will have a maximum of seven (7) substitutions per game with no reentry across three “opportunities”. The U12 Academy games will have unlimited substitutions with reentry.

With fewer subs at the older age groups, you will have 2 girls not play if a team brings 18 players.

Substitutions: All U15/16 and U17/18 Academy games will have a maximum of five(5) substitutions per game with no reentry across three “opportunities”.
U13, U14 Academy games will have a maximum of seven (7) substitutions per game with no reentry across three “opportunities”. The U12 Academy games will have unlimited substitutions with reentry.

With fewer subs at the older age groups, you will have 2 girls not play if a team brings 18 players.

Forget the players. The coaches have their rules.

Bright coaches will flourish under these settings. Bright coaches who puts winning over development will end up with some lame Stallions when it's said and done, plus some upset parents who's dds didn't get much game time action. Hope that makes sense iT was truly a freestyle

Back