Girls Development Academy

We are not at IE surf 03. Wrong age group, wrong county. We found coaches that taught possession and building out the back early, because it's harder to learn at u14, as you are finding out.

It's all about the coach... Thank goodness for that.

Also it's about your DD strengths and weakness- my DD doesn't have the same needs now that she did at 10! THere are some great "teams" with lots of talent due to recruiting but their coach isn't the right fit stylistically for my DD at this time. Likewise already heard about some coaching changes and I wouldn't bring my DD to some other "great teams" because that coach is a more abstract and cerebral guy. MY DD does better with a certain type. Being that she's 11 I am sure that will change 900 more times in the next five years.

Also it's about your DD strengths and weakness- my DD doesn't have the same needs now that she did at 10! THere are some great "teams" with lots of talent due to recruiting but their coach isn't the right fit stylistically for my DD at this time. Likewise already heard about some coaching changes and I wouldn't bring my DD to some other "great teams" because that coach is a more abstract and cerebral guy. MY DD does better with a certain type. Being that she's 11 I am sure that will change 900 more times in the next five years.
More coaching changes out there?? Do tell.

You are smart to focus on your player and her changing needs! Keep on this track and she will find the perfect college fit!

I guess going forward I am an Albion fan. My protege's daughter is a starter on one of their GDA teams now and she has looked up to my daughter since she was 7. Her team is in CRL this year (yes she is a ULittle).

I guess going forward I am an Albion fan. My protege's daughter is a starter on one of their GDA teams now and she has looked up to my daughter since she was 7. Her team is in CRL this year (yes she is a ULittle).
Agreed. Albion has done quite a bit to bolster their program on the girls side. MW has been a great addition on the 06 girls side.

Agreed. Albion has done quite a bit to bolster their program on the girls side. MW has been a great addition on the 06 girls side.

My friend's daughter really loves her new team and situation. She has improved a bunch and seems to get more excited every time I see her. What I like the most is in the last 5 years her game has evolved. My friend says that she always wants to work on something soccer related which is a very good sign. She watched my player go through the process, commit to her school and now she goes to her games and watches her on TV and that according to my friend has put the biggest carrot out their for her daughter. She knows it's real because she has seen the process and she understands that it is linked to the work that you put in.

I am excited that Albion has a coach for a younger team that can motivate a tween girl. Go Albion!

My friend's daughter really loves her new team and situation. She has improved a bunch and seems to get more excited every time I see her. What I like the most is in the last 5 years her game has evolved. My friend says that she always wants to work on something soccer related which is a very good sign. She watched my player go through the process, commit to her school and now she goes to her games and watches her on TV and that according to my friend has put the biggest carrot out their for her daughter. She knows it's real because she has seen the process and she understands that it is linked to the work that you put in.

I am excited that Albion has a coach for a younger team that can motivate a tween girl. Go Albion!
That's a great situation for your friends daughter. She has a role model she knows. My youngest daughters team has played MW teams a few times and I like what he is teaching them and how he addresses them over the course of the game. We have a friend whose daughter plays for him and can't say enough about him.

In my research I am finding over and over again - even with Jen lalor in a recent news article- that players are defining their "aha moments" between 17-20 and often times playing "up" in various leagueS.
I did some basic research and can only find that WPSL and you have to be 18.
I know one of my most favorite talents to watch Surf ECNL 18 group all played recreationally in leagues. Does anyone know where or how that occurred? I am curious

Jen has always run the training center so I can't see the problems with identification going away. I was actually hopeful when I saw it was all new blood- her hire Friday actually made me sad because it's same old same old here I bet. Nothing personal it's just like what you say- their "identification" has been pretty bad and ruled by DOC and coaches. Can we actually believe that this person who has been a part of this system for so long under the old guard is suddenly going to employ new scouting techniques and allow for RAE and other factors that have never come into play?
Doubt it
For the record great coach and great person. I just feel that he system needs an overhaul and she was the one In charge of the training center debacle

Jen has always run the training center so I can't see the problems with identification going away. I was actually hopeful when I saw it was all new blood- her hire Friday actually made me sad because it's same old same old here I bet. Nothing personal it's just like what you say- their "identification" has been pretty bad and ruled by DOC and coaches. Can we actually believe that this person who has been a part of this system for so long under the old guard is suddenly going to employ new scouting techniques and allow for RAE and other factors that have never come into play?
Doubt it
For the record great coach and great person. I just feel that he system needs an overhaul and she was the one In charge of the training center debacle

I have been trying to tell you that nothing is going to change. It's sort of like when you buy a house and then paint the exterior and add some plants. It's still the same house just more curb appeal for the person that you are selling it to. I am sorry to say it but you will come around to my thinking eventually. Everyone either does or they stop posting when they realize that I was speaking the truth the whole time.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

I have been trying to tell you that nothing is going to change. It's sort of like when you buy a house and then paint the exterior and add some plants. It's still the same house just more curb appeal for the person that you are selling it to. I am sorry to say it but you will come around to my thinking eventually. Everyone either does or they stop posting when they realize that I was speaking the truth the whole time.

Good luck to you and your daughter.

I agreed with you all along, but it was your humility that really won me over.

The harder you work, the luckier you get. I expect you know that as well.

Back