GIRLS DAII

Changed the verbage and added a nice shouting bold quote at the end

Funny things with these teams promising to play in some yet to be founded league division, plus crl, nt cup, showcase, high school it becomes just another club deal that doesn't follow the da manadate of fewer more meaningful games.

Do as say not as you do... just rename this the rainbow unicorn division of the Starbucks league and put out another revision already. Players must be grass feed and drink frappes to qualify.

rainbow_unicorn_soccer_ball-r1096ff775b3a4cf18a040be2189736e7_jhbaf_512.jpg

This ball would sell! Someone make it happen.

Changed the verbage and added a nice shouting bold quote at the end

Funny things with these teams promising to play in some yet to be founded league division, plus crl, nt cup, showcase, high school it becomes just another club deal that doesn't follow the da manadate of fewer more meaningful games.

Do as say not as you do... just rename this the rainbow unicorn division of the Starbucks league and put out another revision already. Players must be grass feed and drink frappes to qualify.

rainbow_unicorn_soccer_ball-r1096ff775b3a4cf18a040be2189736e7_jhbaf_512.jpg
Editor's Note.........

For more information visit www.dpleague.org or email info@dpleague.org

"Editor’s Note on Saturday Morning: This article was updated to clarify any confusion between the U.S. Soccer Development Academy and the new Girls DPL League.

While the youth soccer clubs may consider their teams playing in the DPL as the second team to the U.S. Soccer DA teams, any references to Academy II have been removed and the term DPL substituted to simplify and clarify the goals of all organizations involved."

Editor's Note.........

For more information visit www.dpleague.org or email info@dpleague.org

"Editor’s Note on Saturday Morning: This article was updated to clarify any confusion between the U.S. Soccer Development Academy and the new Girls DPL League.

While the youth soccer clubs may consider their teams playing in the DPL as the second team to the U.S. Soccer DA teams, any references to Academy II have been removed and the term DPL substituted to simplify and clarify the goals of all organizations involved."
"Simplify and Clarify"??? Are you kidding me? They are STILL calling it a league and it's not. The gossip in the alley last night was that they got yet another warning from US Soccer about what they are calling this circus. Don't these clubs worry that at some point US Soccer is going to get pissed about all of this monitoring they have to do with the group and just yank DA status from them? I mean, SoCal already has too many DA clubs, let's get rid of the pesky mosquitos in the group and chop the conference down by a few and call it a day. US Soccer isn't going to keep accepting what they are doing without some sort of consequence. Look at the fake website with the fake name. Same colors as US Soccer. Same fonts as US Soccer, Slightly different logo but enough to confuse the average consumer. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's still a duck no matter what you try and call it. Quack, quack, quack.....

"Simplify and Clarify"??? Are you kidding me? They are STILL calling it a league and it's not. The gossip in the alley last night was that they got yet another warning from US Soccer about what they are calling this circus. Don't these clubs worry that at some point US Soccer is going to get pissed about all of this monitoring they have to do with the group and just yank DA status from them? I mean, SoCal already has too many DA clubs, let's get rid of the pesky mosquitos in the group and chop the conference down by a few and call it a day. US Soccer isn't going to keep accepting what they are doing without some sort of consequence. Look at the fake website with the fake name. Same colors as US Soccer. Same fonts as US Soccer, Slightly different logo but enough to confuse the average consumer. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's still a duck no matter what you try and call it. Quack, quack, quack.....
Duck = League right? DA2 teams will still need to play somewhere.

Why do you even care? I talked to a US Soccer Coach today that is coaching a DA team for one of the DPL clubs and she said US Soccer is embracing DPL. Relax.

Why do you even care? I talked to a US Soccer Coach today that is coaching a DA team for one of the DPL clubs and she said US Soccer is embracing DPL. Relax.

I'm super relaxed. You should hang out in the dark alleys more often. It's way more relaxing than being on the sidelines these days.
Embracing is not sanctioning. Here is the EXACT quote from US Soccer:

"We understand their is confusion in the marketplace. Taking the league names and concepts out of the discussion, we believe that clubs and leagues that seek to provide standards, consistent with the Academy and focused on developing players is positive. From training requirements, to simplified calendars, appropriate training to rest ratio, substitution rules, and roster management designed to provide appropriate playing opportunities, these are all beneficial and focused on player development."

That just means if they actually have a division, a bracket, a bible study group or a training session in the parking lot at Starbucks that US Soccer thinks it's positive as long as they do things consistent with the Academy. So why does everyone think that makes them special?

My bet is Coast.
You hit the nail on the head......Stay tuned for more info on Monday.
Next up, revolt from the Coast league members although they are most likely trying to do some background politicing before the news hits the press but this is where I think they end up.

This directly from the LAGSD website:

"The DPL is designed to mirror the full DA to help prepare aspiring players for the transition to the DA. This is a three-day per week training program that also allows players the flexibility to play high school soccer."

How can you say "mirror" the full DA in one sentence and then the next sentence say "three-day per week training and play high school"? Doesn't that directly conflict with the Academy platform of 4-day per week training and no high-school? How is 3-day per week training and playing high-school different than what teams are doing now?

I gotta go. I have to clean my spy gear for a super secret meeting behind The Stag & Lion tonight. I'll report back with what I learn.

"The DPL is designed to mirror the full DA to help prepare aspiring players for the transition to the DA. This is a three-day per week training program that also allows players the flexibility to play high school soccer."

How can you say "mirror" the full DA in one sentence and then the next sentence say "three-day per week training and play high school"? Doesn't that directly conflict with the Academy platform of 4-day per week training and no high-school? How is 3-day per week training and playing high-school different than what teams are doing now?

I gotta go. I have to clean my spy gear for a super secret meeting behind The Stag & Lion tonight. I'll report back with what I learn.

It's called I really hope this sounds somewhat the same to parents so they keep sending those checks in for the B team.

I'm super relaxed. You should hang out in the dark alleys more often. It's way more relaxing than being on the sidelines these days.
Embracing is not sanctioning. Here is the EXACT quote from US Soccer:

"We understand their is confusion in the marketplace. Taking the league names and concepts out of the discussion, we believe that clubs and leagues that seek to provide standards, consistent with the Academy and focused on developing players is positive. From training requirements, to simplified calendars, appropriate training to rest ratio, substitution rules, and roster management designed to provide appropriate playing opportunities, these are all beneficial and focused on player development."

That just means if they actually have a division, a bracket, a bible study group or a training session in the parking lot at Starbucks that US Soccer thinks it's positive as long as they do things consistent with the Academy. So why does everyone think that makes them special?

I hope that wasn't verbatim. Maybe THEIR priority should have been school!

"Simplify and Clarify"??? Are you kidding me? They are STILL calling it a league and it's not.
Wow! Talk about passionate. You just can't get past the use of the word "league". I assume you are being just as vehement with Major League Baseball about their American "Division" and National "Division".

If I look up the definition of league, I find "a group of athletic teams organized to promote mutual interests and to compete chiefly among themselves". That sounds pretty much exactly what you describe as what DPL is. Get over it. Whatever umbrella they play under as group of athletic teams to compete chiefly among themselves, it's STILL a league.

After trying out for a few clubs, both DAl/ll, switching clubs in the process, not playing for over month due to the process and the waiting game of other clubs to get their act together, who cares what it's called. My DD just wants to play. Everything else will work itself out on the pitch.

I gotta think that Dreamz is more involved with a league that stands to lose money if DA 2 teams aren't in it than meets the eye. There is just too much animosity to be just a champion of the common man/woman.

Our local behind the scenes go to is the Bullpen. :D Good eats, cocktails, and negotiations of the most nefarious.

Wow! Talk about passionate. You just can't get past the use of the word "league". I assume you are being just as vehement with Major League Baseball about their American "Division" and National "Division".

If I look up the definition of league, I find "a group of athletic teams organized to promote mutual interests and to compete chiefly among themselves". That sounds pretty much exactly what you describe as what DPL is. Get over it. Whatever umbrella they play under as group of athletic teams to compete chiefly among themselves, it's STILL a league.
I gotta think that Dreamz is more involved with a league that stands to lose money if DA 2 teams aren't in it than meets the eye. There is just too much animosity to be just a champion of the common man/woman.
Nope. Not on a board and not in a league. Just Sam I am.
I know people in the leagues that have explained to me the dynamics of what's going on with all of this but I also know a lot of people in the know at a lot of clubs who see this for what it is. Ask anyone opposed to DA2 and, as intelligent and informed DOC's they see right through this.
However, I fail to see how a league looses money when a handful of teams leave it. More teams than that join leagues each year. Every league in Southern California will grow this year. All of them and that's great for the players that play in the leauges.
And please don't label me a champion for the common man. If people don't want to be informed, they don't have to read. For those that choose to keep their head in the sand, that's their option. There is a lot of that going on in the world we live in today. Maybe we should start a crying room on this chat board for those that don't like the taste of reality.
I can just as easily stay home and feed my iguana instead of hanging out in the alleys trying to gather more information.
I'm completely fine with that but judging from the people that like my posts, you, my friend, are in the minority on this board.

Nope. Not on a board and not in a league. Just Sam I am.
I know people in the leagues that have explained to me the dynamics of what's going on with all of this but I also know a lot of people in the know at a lot of clubs who see this for what it is. Ask anyone opposed to DA2 and, as intelligent and informed DOC's they see right through this.
However, I fail to see how a league looses money when a handful of teams leave it. More teams than that join leagues each year. Every league in Southern California will grow this year. All of them and that's great for the players that play in the leauges.
And please don't label me a champion for the common man. If people don't want to be informed, they don't have to read. For those that choose to keep their head in the sand, that's their option. There is a lot of that going on in the world we live in today. Maybe we should start a crying room on this chat board for those that don't like the taste of reality.
I can just as easily stay home and feed my iguana instead of hanging out in the alleys trying to gather more information.
I'm completely fine with that but judging from the people that like my posts, you, my friend, are in the minority on this board.

SCDSL will hurt from this. How can you not see it?
Again I love this! I think it's funny to see the SCDSL and ECNL folks lose their collective minds and then act "like it doesn't matter anyway".
Ok then if it doesn't matter then why are you freaking out, disparaging other clubs, talking to parents, increasing your rosters to 25, I could go on and on...
Oh that's right because you actually have competition now with the DA!
Call it Bozo Brigade all you want but also do us a favor and comment on the other side of the story...
I am all about the information and insight! I for one was enlightened by a lot of your posts and am happy to hear about it. I do believe though you are assuredly either very anti MD and NG or very linked to SCDSL because the "average parent" isn't all fired up about a league.

DREAMZ, from post one on this subject, you have been the counter point to the movement. You do sound bitter and angry, as if left out. The reality is that these clubs are trying to create something that will not only help them preserve thier membership numbers, which is only good business, but at the same time create a better platform for those players involved. Whether it is or isn't, is debatable. There are limited number of spots available in DA at each club, so I don't blame these clubs a bit for trying to create something that recognizes the bubble players, so to speak.

Back