G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

Ya my buddy is a great coach hence the results. Lol and ya he doesn’t take or borrow players from different clubs it’s his team he’s developed the past 2 years so it’s not his fault playing against teams that aren’t the caliber. As a college coach, ex pro player, and high level club coach him and I see things extremely alike. It’s not our job to tell our forwards to stop scoring. Everyone pays their yearly fees and if some teams develop quicker then so be it. These kids and parents all pay to hopefully get a college scholarship and hopefully for the 1% make it professional. So why is it the coaches or teams fault to punish themselves and tell themselves don’t play soccer but rather play possession? Why not possession with a purpose? Or a topic? You kill a forwards natural instinct to go to goal and she will never get it back. It’s not participation medals for everyone and play nice and easy. No elitist are exactly that. They are elite and don’t show mercy because again when a team gets a chance to run it up on them I guarantee a team will. every coach and club tries. If you want fair or nice don’t play a sport. Sports are elite competition. And you practice and train to showcase everything you work so hard for. Many won’t like it but I respect it and love it.

In the beginning was the original roster for this Legends team recruited or were these players homegrown? Do they cut players as well?

Week 6 Games of the week

SDSC vs Slammers PA
Galaxy OC vs Legends
Rebels vs Albion (battle of the top 2 teams in Presidio)

@Luis Andres i saw the score 3-2 for Ole, was the game close or trying new development formations etc? Please update any game for CSL, I can’t find their scheduleds.

Week 6 Games of the week

SDSC vs Slammers PA
Galaxy OC vs Legends
Rebels vs Albion (battle of the top 2 teams in Presidio)

@Luis Andres i saw the score 3-2 for Ole, was the game close or trying new development formations etc? Please update any game for CSL, I can’t find their scheduleds.

Ole beat futbol foundation 2-1 a team we beat 8-2 last time. Coach will be playing more developmental lineups to prepare for surf and league cup tournament going forward to develop bench better. There is no way to catch up to Eagles even if we beat them this coming week they will still be in 1st palace. MSA tied the warriors (2nd to last team-not sure what happened). So there is no need to blow out teams anymore just win the games by smaller margins to keep the 2nd place spot in bracket to advance to next tier next year. 3 top teams from the 2 Silver brackets will form the silver elite bracket next year. Right now we are in good shape to advance. I’m all for letting the bench players get more time on the field for development.

This coming week Eagles vs Ole. Should be exciting. I wouldn’t be surprised if we lose this one in order to develop the bench players with developmental lineups against Eagles. My prediction Eagles 3-1 over Ole.

Silver North
https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/standings?YEAR=2019&SEASON=FALL&SEX=G&AGE=09&BRACKET=SN

Silver South
https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/standings?SEX=G&AGE=09&BRACKET=SS&SEASON=fall&YEAR=2019

Last edited:
It’s tough to say, we won again 3-0 vs
slammers Whittier.
Sorry cut that message to short, Chelsea beat us 2-1, we have played against a few of these top teams.

Ole we tied 1-1 Ole was by far the better team and we barely held on to a tie and we both played back to back games. I don’t know if they had their whole team there either.

Legends beat us 13-0 last time we played them but the time before that was 3-0 and 0-0 at half after we missed an open netter. But again they were no doubt the better team. They are by far the most improved team I’ve seen. Like I’ve read, they have 2 great forwards up top and are solid all the way around.

OC Surf beat us 3-0 in a scrimmage and again we’re the better team.

Rebels beat us 6-1 our first game of the year and we were missing 3 girls but they played well.
I was impressed by them, no excuses.

So to answer your question, it’s hard to say. I haven’t seen all the flight 2 teams play, but based off of what I’ve seen I’d say Slammers Orange Estrada, Slammers Cerritos Mora, Chelsea, and Rebels IE.

I do think Slammers HB Crowley is a team to be considered in that top tier as well as Real So Cal and if MSA is up there Sand and Surf Elite need to be as well. It’s hard to base off of tournament play because so many teams borrow players.

It’s nice to see some teams playing the right way and growing these girls for the future. At this age the bigger stronger and faster girls tend to do well but that will change as they get older. Best of luck to everyone!

G2010 Flight 1 South is stacked. Lots of comments about them. Curious who is the best in Flight 1 North?

The best teams in the North are mid-level Flight 1 teams and probably in the #11-15 range. South has 3 of the top 4 teams (Blues/SDSC/Legends) in Socal. Slammers PA is at least top 8 with OC Surf and LAGOC potentially in top 10 with Temecula Valley gaining ground.

Sorry didn't directly answer your question because all the teams in the North are relatively the same level. Any team can beat any team in the North on any given weekend so makes for some competitive games each weekend.

Any update on Thanksgiving Tournaments teams?

Surf Turkey
Surf SD
Blues
Ole
SDSC
Albion?
Galaxy SD?

Silverlakes Turkey
Legends
Eagles
Slammers?

MSA, Rebels, EDA, Galaxy OC, OC Surf etc?

@HE>I who are the top dogs
in Flight 2?
Beach FC Ayala LB is good and I'd imagine the Blues are as well I forgot about them but again I haven't seen all the teams. Real So Cal is actually in Flight 2, they are very good from what I've heard and should probably be in Flight 1. Seems like most of the other flight 2 teams including ours, is where they should be. Seems like most of the games can go either way.

Sorry misread that, I thought you asked who my daughter is.

Slammers Orange Estrada

I was curious because you mentioned we had played before. The only time I can think of we may have played against you guys was some months ago we had scrimmage against EDA (former La Mirada) won 2-0 and then had a game right after with no rest against a Slammers team where we tied 1-1. We played more of the bench since girls were tired but it was a game we should have won on any regular day. Not saying that team was bad but they definitely were a good flight 2 team not a flight 1 team. We just couldn’t put the ball in but dominated the game. Normal to see at times with young girls that age. Anyways if that’s you guys, you guys got a great young little team in development that has good defense.

which one is your daughter’s team?
Me and my buddy were very impressed with your team. They move the ball pretty well and are very well coached with alot of good players. Same goes for OC Surf when played them and the Legends were very impressive as well. Seems like the girls in flight 1 know what to do right away and move the ball much better, the speed of the game is also much faster, we can't get those teams off of us and its just been a matter of time before they score.

I was curious because you mentioned we had played before. The only time I can think of we may have played against you guys was some months ago we had scrimmage against EDA (former La Mirada) won 2-0 and then had a game right after with no rest against a Slammers team where we tied 1-1. We played more of the bench since girls were tired but it was a game we should have won on any regular day. Not saying that team was bad but they definitely were a good flight 2 team not a flight 1 team. We just couldn’t put the ball in but dominated the game. Normal to see at times with young girls that age. Anyways if that’s you guys, you guys got a great young little team in development that has good defense.
Yes, that was my daughters team. Ole is a much better team than us and I agree on a normal day would beat us fairly easy. Thanks for the kind words! We played EDA and they beat us 3-1, we were up at half but their center mid is very good. She scored a few from deep. She's one of the better center mids I've seen so far.

Beach FC Ayala LB is good and I'd imagine the Blues are as well I forgot about them but again I haven't seen all the teams. Real So Cal is actually in Flight 2, they are very good from what I've heard and should probably be in Flight 1. Seems like most of the other flight 2 teams including ours, is where they should be. Seems like most of the games can go either way.

I would agree that the Real Socal, Fernando’s team is a top flight 2 team/lower flight 1 team that could be playing flight 1. Not sure why they are playing flight 2 as I would think they would develop better in flight 1. Word on the street is that Real SoCal will be forming a super team for next season to compete against the top teams down south playing flight 1. Obviously it will require recruiting but if they are successful of getting the top players from the region they will probably have the top 2010 girls team that will be better than the current top 3 teams from down south. IMO...Food for thought.

I would agree that the Real Socal, Fernando’s team is a top flight 2 team/lower flight 1 team that could be playing flight 1. Not sure why they are playing flight 2 as I would think they would develop better in flight 1. Word on the street is that Real SoCal will be forming a super team for next season to compete against the top teams down south playing flight 1. Obviously it will require recruiting but if they are successful of getting the top players from the region they will probably have the top 2010 girls team that will be better than the current top 3 teams from down south. IMO...Food for thought.
Interesting, next year I'm sure teams will be changing up a bit as the girls go 9v9. Real So Cal has been a solid club for quite some time.

Back