Entering and leaving the field

And the biggest point of all this is that I / we , do this equally and evenly no matter which team is subbing or in possession. We don't care who wins, we only care about fairness and the game.

Any time during the game, if there is a quick throw in or restart of any kind, and I hear sub sub sub being screamed by the team not in possession, there's a good chance I don't stop that for a sub. If I don't allow it at that point, then it's likely at the next stoppage, because I know the team is asking for a sub, I will allow it

Sometimes I think that parents truly believe that referees actually care who wins and that we manipulate the game to influence the outcome. Those are the delusional parents.

I don't hate the refs either, I think they do a good job for the most part. I am just not much of a fan of the sport in general.

I don't hate referees in general, but I can usually tell the good ones from the bad ones.
and i contend you can't. you have a "little" knowledge, and you think you are an expert. and, you are biased. makes your "opinions" on refereeing, invalid.

and i contend you can't. you have a "little" knowledge, and you think you are an expert. and, you are biased. makes your "opinions" on refereeing, invalid.

Speaking of bias, I see you are willing to make a public judgement on a topic despite having no knowledge of it.

Wildcat, there is no mechanism in the LOTG to ensure consistent application of the rules, in fact it promotes ref opinion and discretion in the application of the rules under the umbrella of spirit of the game. The Spirit takes precedence over whether the ref is right or wrong. Spirit of the game is only very subjectively defined as "The main/essential principles/ethos of football" although references are made to it including fairness and safety. If you asked 10 refs to define Spirit of the Game you would likely get 10 different answers (same with parents and coaches) but hopefully there would be some common themes. Spirit of the Game is a double edged sword, but I like the concept.

So Wildcat if you were a ref and you allowed multiple late minute subs because in your opinion that was fair then you would be 100% correct under the LOTG just like the refs that don't allow it under the perception of time wasting. Ironically as a parent you are wrong but as I ref you would be right.

Back