Washington Premier 07 ECNL Season.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Washington Premier 07RL Championship.jpg
    Washington Premier 07RL Championship.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Washington Premier 07RL Season.PNG
    Washington Premier 07RL Season.PNG
    32.3 KB · Views: 4

Playoffs are on the San Diego Surf fields.
Does anyone know if the fields will be used heavily up to the playoffs or will they reducing the game load up to playoffs so the fields can ?
What the heck was going on with parking today? Why has surf decided not to open the extra parking area between the main area and via de la valle? They had to push back games because the parking was so bad? And then there was still no parking available. Worst I have ever seen it (and that's saying something).

What the heck was going on with parking today? Why has surf decided not to open the extra parking area between the main area and via de la valle? They had to push back games because the parking was so bad? And then there was still no parking available. Worst I have ever seen it (and that's saying something).
We we’re sitting there at 6:30. Wouldn’t open up until 7 but thankfully they started at 6:45. Wanted to get a warm up in but nope.

As I understand it, that piece of land is a separate legal lot from the Polo Fields that is zoned for agricultural use and "parking as a primary use" is not allowed.

Pointing out the obvious...

ECNL is going to need to change venues from the Polo Fields soon or break up events so they occur over 2-3 weekends.

The economic stimulus is great but the Polo Fields are bursting at the seams + will have a difficult time continuing to grow.

One of our parents missed the first half of the game because of parking.
I see a lot of teams showing early or staying late to cheer on their sister teams. This causes cars to be parked much longer than normal so you don't get the turn over of parking spots. I also think you get more parents traveling due to the importance of the event vs. a showcase or surf cup.

ECNL should at least compare the number of parking spots in Seattle vs. Surf and the number of teams at both events so start understand what's happening. I dont think i spent more than 5min in Seattle on parking.

One of our parents missed the first half of the game because of parking.
I see a lot of teams showing early or staying late to cheer on their sister teams. This causes cars to be parked much longer than normal so you don't get the turn over of parking spots. I also think you get more parents traveling due to the importance of the event vs. a showcase or surf cup.

ECNL should at least compare the number of parking spots in Seattle vs. Surf and the number of teams at both events so start understand what's happening. I dont think i spent more than 5min in Seattle on parking.
Took me 30 minutes of circling the parking lot to find a spot on Saturday. On Sunday when we got there, they were directing everyone to the parking next to the fields right at the entrance (they weren't even letting cars through to the main parking area). I was able to get one of the last few spots next to those fields and had to walk from that side to the main fields. Several players running from that side to the other side to make their games. They had some gold cart shuttles, but not enough. Heard parking was bad at Man cup a few weeks earlier. They need to find a solution.

Took me 30 minutes of circling the parking lot to find a spot on Saturday. On Sunday when we got there, they were directing everyone to the parking next to the fields right at the entrance (they weren't even letting cars through to the main parking area). I was able to get one of the last few spots next to those fields and had to walk from that side to the main fields. Several players running from that side to the other side to make their games. They had some gold cart shuttles, but not enough. Heard parking was bad at Man cup a few weeks earlier. They need to find a solution.
Manchester Cup parking wasn't that bad. However there was a police chase on Via de la Valle that made things crazy for a while.

Pretty cool to see that 5 of 6 teams that qualified for the ECNL Playoffs @ the 07 age group from the Southwest Conference advanced to the Sweet 16. Says a lot about the strength of the conference! We also have two teams that qualified for the Finals in Virginia!

I was there too, and parking was difficult.
But don’t be naive. Surf has nothing to do with the management of this event. It’s the ”ECNL playoffs”, run by the people who run every single ECNL national event\showcase. They obviously take advice from whatever organization runs a given venue, but ECNL leases the site and runs the show. For instance, Surf sports would have parking attendants maximizing parking spaces and directing tight parking. That was non-existent this weekend at the ECNL playoff. Different command post setup, lack of golf carts, etc…So sorry, not a Surf Cup Sports event, but I’m sure that 501c non profitable entity Surf Cup Sports made a boatload of $$$ from the wet lease.

Back