ECNL post season stucture '22-'23

Playoffs are on the San Diego Surf fields.
Does anyone know if the fields will be used heavily up to the playoffs or will they reducing the game load up to playoffs so the fields can ?
There isn’t much game load on those fields in the lead up to the event anyway. They will likely run the Man City Cup and a few games in the weeks leading up to the playoffs.

Playoffs are on the San Diego Surf fields.
Does anyone know if the fields will be used heavily up to the playoffs or will they reducing the game load up to playoffs so the fields can ?
2/3 of the entire surface has been completely resoded and is amazing. Doesn't look like they will have time to finish the last section.

Is anybody aware how they will do the playoff seeding this year? As I recall, from last year, it was all conference games and showcase results that factored into seeding.
I haven’t found that info posted anywhere.
Wondering if that format will stay the same or will they only look at conference ppg results.

Is anybody aware how they will do the playoff seeding this year? As I recall, from last year, it was all conference games and showcase results that factored into seeding.
I haven’t found that info posted anywhere.
Wondering if that format will stay the same or will they only look at conference ppg results.
Only conference games/PPG last year and this year.

Only conference games/PPG last year and this year.
Do you have a source as I am not sure that is correct? I looked at the various documents on the ecnl website and can't find anything about seeding. For sure it is only conference games/ppg that determines who gets into champions league, but don't see anything about what is used for seeding. I know several people who thought last year was seeded based upon all games (league and showcases).

Do you have a source as I am not sure that is correct? I looked at the various documents on the ecnl website and can't find anything about seeding. For sure it is only conference games/ppg that determines who gets into champions league, but don't see anything about what is used for seeding. I know several people who thought last year was seeded based upon all games (league and showcases).
I can even recall Rebels 07 didn’t get in last year due to showcase record combined w/ league ppg results.
?

I'm speaking at least for the 09 age group where we qualified for playoffs with razor thin margin (no showcase results factored in). And the 09 playoffs after group stage did not use re-seeding (e.g. top 16 teams ranked based on points and GD).

I'm speaking at least for the 09 age group where we qualified for playoffs with razor thin margin (no showcase results factored in). And the 09 playoffs after group stage did not use re-seeding (e.g. top 16 teams ranked based on points and GD).
Maybe I am wrong, but I think the original question was how are teams seeded for playoffs, not how do teams qualify for playoffs. The question on qualifying is documented pretty clearly and is based on standings during league play (and only league play). What doesn't appear to be documented is how they seed the 44 teams once who has made champions league playoffs has been determined. I think it is based on ppg in all games, but I am not certain and can't find it in any documentation on the ecnl website.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think the original question was how are teams seeded for playoffs, not how do teams qualify for playoffs. The question on qualifying is documented pretty clearly and is based on standings during league play (and only league play). What doesn't appear to be documented is how they seed the 44 teams once who has made champions league playoffs has been determined. I think it is based on ppg in all games, but I am not certain and can't find it in any documentation on the ecnl website.
It's PPG based on all league games (no showcase). And then GD if PPG is same. You can infer all of this if you use the ECNL mobile app that has the current seedings.

It's PPG based on all league games (no showcase). And then GD if PPG is same. You can infer all of this if you use the ECNL mobile app that has the current seedings.
If you use the ECNL website instead of the app, you can see that there is a dropdown for:
1) "Champions League", which is currently populated and based upon PPG on all league games (no showcases), and
2) "Champions League Seedings", which is not yet populated.

As such, I would not infer that the current listing under "Champions League" will in fact be the seeding. I am about 75% sure that seeding last year was not based on PPG for league games only. But again, I see nothing on the website that states how seeding will be completed.

Yes, who makes playoffs is determined by conference games/PPG. Once you are in the champions league playoffs, the team is then reseeded based on conference and showcase games. i.e. my dd's team was ranked #37 based on ppg but was reseeded to #24 in the playoffs. They do this as they understand that some conferences are not as strong as others.

Yes, who makes playoffs is determined by conference games/PPG. Once you are in the champions league playoffs, the team is then reseeded based on conference and showcase games. i.e. my dd's team was ranked #37 based on ppg but was reseeded to #24 in the playoffs. They do this as they understand that some conferences are not as strong as others.

I know a handful of coaches who use the showcases as playing to the USYNT and college scouts. So winning isn't the end game, in fact its ok to come home losing.
So they could go the other way on the seeding, lets say from a a top 11 team to somewhere in the 30 ranks?

If your on a RL and NL roster what are the rules for playoffs? Can you do the RL playoffs and then the NL playoffs? They are held on different days. There doesn’t seem to be a clear answer in the ECNL rules.

If you use the ECNL website instead of the app, you can see that there is a dropdown for:
1) "Champions League", which is currently populated and based upon PPG on all league games (no showcases), and
2) "Champions League Seedings", which is not yet populated.

As such, I would not infer that the current listing under "Champions League" will in fact be the seeding. I am about 75% sure that seeding last year was not based on PPG for league games only. But again, I see nothing on the website that states how seeding will be completed.
The "Champions League Seedings" is now populated and appears to be using total record including league and showcases. Using these seedings, I think they now do a draw. They put the top 11 per this list as the 1 seeds in each group. From there, they do a blind draw for teams 12-22 to place each as a 2 seed in each group, then do the same for 23-33 (3 seeds) and 34-44 (4 seeds). Teams in the same conference aren't placed in the same group as each other. Not certain all of this is correct. If it is correct, not sure when they do the draw.

Back