ECNL Championship Draw Best XI's TDS

Uh there is a big difference between getting something right and making several paragraphs about a player not even on a team who wasn't even at an event if this is accurate.
That's beyond a failure.
What's funny is that a player who is normally on that 03 ECNL team and didn't play with the 04 last year with the 04 for the FWR.

Uh there is a big difference between getting something right and making several paragraphs about a player not even on a team who wasn't even at an event if this is accurate.
That's beyond a failure.
What's funny is that a player who is normally on that 03 ECNL team and didn't play with the 04 last year with the 04 for the FWR.

It was a matter of just looking at jersey number! Since that 04 is on their roster, they shouldn't have an 03 with the same jersey number. This was a complete failure on their part.

Would be nice to know if it was accurate or if it was in fact another player- would love to know who did so well at fullback as defenders are not often recognized so that's awesome

I've lost all faith in this soccer stuff. I just read some of these snippets and almost fell off my chair with what was said about a few players I watched at this tournament. One of these players could not keep the ball the whole game (was a performing player Pre-U15 when size mattered) yet the writeup says she was doing great - WTF? Did they even watch or just write these based on historical dog doo?

The good news is it could be any one of our kids randomly they chose as a top player in an age group and league they don't even play in! Boost that resume!

Based on those write-ups by TDS it is a wonder that any U.S. Girls YNT ever loses a game.

Does ECNL pay the salaries of the TDS writers?

It was a matter of just looking at jersey number! Since that 04 is on their roster, they shouldn't have an 03 with the same jersey number. This was a complete failure on their part.
If they were at the event watching, they would have received a player brochure showing the player's name and jersey number. There is no excuse making such a monumental mistake.

Based on those write-ups by TDS it is a wonder that any U.S. Girls YNT ever loses a game.

Does ECNL pay the salaries of the TDS writers?
Throught the years, TDS loves writing about YNT players at showcase events. It's not by coincidence their player selection write ups always happen to be the YNT players on these teams or on their top 150 player lists.

I've lost all faith in this soccer stuff. I just read some of these snippets and almost fell off my chair with what was said about a few players I watched at this tournament. One of these players could not keep the ball the whole game (was a performing player Pre-U15 when size mattered) yet the writeup says she was doing great - WTF? Did they even watch or just write these based on historical dog doo?

@LadiesMan217 the great thing though is that the colleges know the truth. TDS is about selling subscriptions and getting people to pay to come to their camps. Colleges use them as proof of how hard they are working at recruiting and coaching even if they aren't getting the right results. I never trust some service to rate players but maybe it is because my kid could never get ranked higher than the 70s by TDS prior to college. The two best indicators of a player's true ranking are number one what the other players think. The kids know who the best players are. It may be a secret to observers but if you ask a player they usually know the name and number for the kids that give them a hard time on the pitch. The second good indicator is which schools are actively recruiting a player and what kind of $$$ they are talking. Although my player wasn't very highly ranked by TDS when she hit the recruiting years, we had a pretty good indication where she really stood when every school that came to see her team play wanted us to give them a call AND that list included pretty much every blue blood soccer and academic school in the country. That and a very frank discussion that I had with a few coaches that I trusted (one a current Beach coach) that indicated that she was much more highly coveted by those in the know than TDS indicated.

The real problem with them outside of not actually using their eyes is that they rely too much on where a player stands at 11-13 and not enough on where they are at 16-18. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Your player is an elite talent going to a great soccer school in the greatest state in the union. Consider yourself lucky.

My buddies U15 DD tore it up at the ECNL playoffs. She scored 3-4 goals with a couple of game winners and her team advanced to the final 4 this week in San Diego, but she was NEVER mentioned in any of the TDS articles. Yet, her YNT teammate on her team was!

My buddies U15 DD tore it up at the ECNL playoffs. She scored 3-4 goals with a couple of game winners and her team advanced to the final 4 this week in San Diego, but she was NEVER mentioned in any of the TDS articles. Yet, her YNT teammate on her team was!

They "see" what they want to "see." Actual performances don't matter. This is about selling a narrative and confirming that their "rankings" are legit.

@LadiesMan217 ...The two best indicators of a player's true ranking are number one what the other players think. The kids know who the best players are ...

My daughter never fails to surprise me by knowing all of the talented girls she has played against, regardless of what club/team they are on. And she likes to stay in touch and become friends (thanks to the modern world of social media), though you would never know that when they are battling each other during the games. She could produce a list in her age group much better than TDS, covering all of Region IV.

that's the way they always play, it is their MO and they are always successful at it so why change what isn't broken. Not sure how those players will do beyond youth soccer without more advanced skills but they get to be champions now every year

that's the way they always play, it is their MO and they are always successful at it so why change what isn't broken. Not sure how those players will do beyond youth soccer without more advanced skills but they get to be champions now every year

The Blues have #11 and #6 to carry them. They will do fine although I agree that they are going to need more advanced ball skills once they move on to the next level. Slammers has a player up top for them that will be a very good college player. I think that her number is #2 or something single digit. She just needs a little more help in this game.

If I had a player on the 02 Blues team that wasn't #11 or #6 I would be worried. The rest of the team just seems to be set up to play directly to those two.

That Slammers player is #9 and she is working the Blues defenders over. Not sure how she missed her PK but that is something that can be trained. She will be the top recruit from that team IMHO and is the best player on the pitch in this game.

yes, get the ball to the Italians (aka #11 or #6). #2 on Slammers has always been a player to notice but need to see how the next few years go because as you know, a lot can happen during the next three years before they hit college. There is another player on Slammers that a few talk about but there are problems there.

Back