Do you think if a club has an issue of a coach having inappropriate relations with a child it...

If you had read the thread, you would realize that the point is that the pregnancy would not be a surprise.
Why don’t you learn to read.

I was responding to timbuck’s post, “It would certainly have been a surprise,” not your post.

What team/age did TS coach?
Looking at the game reports, the U18/19 has 38 players listed. You actually have to open a game report to see it. But I was under the impression that it was a younger team involved. Maybe multiple teams?

Looking at the game reports, the U18/19 has 38 players listed. You actually have to open a game report to see it. But I was under the impression that it was a younger team involved. Maybe multiple teams?
I was looking at the GDA game reports for all the Albion teams and could not find him. Is it possible Albion edited the reports?

So the game reports from past games that TS attended/coached are now not factual. Seems like a CYA move.
Actually, I don't think it is. Toumi was removed when he quit. There does not appear to be an option to deactivate coaches so the only choice to show that they are no longer a coach is to delete them.

So just a dumb question but how about clubs have a rule that coaches do not text their players unless on a team group text? And why does a coach need to individually text a player? Especially a male coach with a female minor

So just a dumb question but how about clubs have a rule that coaches do not text their players unless on a team group text? And why does a coach need to individually text a player? Especially a male coach with a female minor
My DD texts her club and hs coaches as well as her XC coach quite frequently. She’s a captain on her soccer teams and they’ll often text her with info to pass along to her teammates. And she’ll text them with questions about workouts and training or other soccer related matters. I’ve never had an issue with it, but I do spot check her social media and texts. I’m sure many of you will say I’m crazy or call me naive, but I always encourage her to talk to her coaches on her own and and I will intervene only if an issue comes up. She knows I’m always there as her safety net, but she’s learning some independence as well. At some point they need to learn to communicate with teachers and coaches independently.

My DD texts her club and hs coaches as well as her XC coach quite frequently. She’s a captain on her soccer teams and they’ll often text her with info to pass along to her teammates. And she’ll text them with questions about workouts and training or other soccer related matters. I’ve never had an issue with it, but I do spot check her social media and texts. I’m sure many of you will say I’m crazy or call me naive, but I always encourage her to talk to her coaches on her own and and I will intervene only if an issue comes up. She knows I’m always there as her safety net, but she’s learning some independence as well. At some point they need to learn to communicate with teachers and coaches independently.
When my dd was starting her senior year I actually told her coach no need to cc me on everything because she will be going away to college soon and needs to learn to be responsible. His response was:
1. This was for his protection as well as hers;
2. It is a good habit because what if he stops coaching tomorrow. While he is trustworthy, others may try to take advantage. dd needs to learn to identify and head off issues.
Best coach ever!

Yes I know. It is interesting that when coaches left their name was completely scrubbed from the system. But a player left and her name is still their, they just deleted her picture, city, and year. Why the difference?
Maybe a coach was trying to diddle players, and they want no reference to him?

yes, I have heard this argument time and time again. The first tine I heard this was from a coach that went on to be completely inappropriate with his players and got fired from is high school coaching job because of it. It is one thing for a coach to be texting the captain to pass on info to the rest of the team. I am talking about the pattern of male coaches texting any/all the players on his team when there is no need for it and any conversations like that can be conducted during practices or at games. I have also had coaches ask me for my DD's cell phone # when he wasn't even her coach at the club. I also encourage my DD to be independent and communicate directly with the coach and I don't get involved. But again, aside from the "captain" situation, when is it necessary for the coach to be texting an individual player? Just wondering about a situation when that would be necessary. Teenage girls welcome attention from adult males and they don't always look at the attention as inappropriate when it really is.

I agree that it is not necessary for a coach to text players. Play it safe...have a rule that bans them from direct contact. Heck I went through high school soccer without ever texting my soccer coaches (never mind that we didn't have cell phones 30 years ago but that's besides the point).

Their is nothing that any coach needs to text a player. Nothing. Any conversation should be had during training on the field. No exceptions. There is also no benefit to any player texting a coach. Use None. Use team snap. At this point any coach and club that allows this is tone deaf at best and supporting a criminal predatory environment at worst.

Has anyone actually read the contents of the texts?

yes I have and am just discovering this forum today. My child is in college and is a victim of this scumbag.

Tony Sheri was texting girls asking them to help him because he has a prostate problem and needed help "getting out" a semen sample. He was texting girls in college (mine being one) and on his then current Albion team. This is not a rumor, its a fact, I saw it with my own two eyes and my own kid. There are several others and it really pisses me off that no communication has come from ALBION in regards to the situation so that people can talk to their children. I do not blame the club for Sheri being a pervert but I do blame them for not getting out in front of it and putting something out so folks can talk to their kids.

Is this guy out there coaching somewhere else? Is Albion going to say or do anything, or just cut him loose and hope no one is the wiser? I get that its bad publicity but keeping it hush hush is even worse. I am really really upset with Albion for hiring the guy if they knew he had been accused of this in the past and even more so for not having the decency to send out a club wide email or letter to allow parents to discuss this with their kids. Its appalling, this little fucker better hope I never rollup on him or he is going to get stomped out.

yes I have and am just discovering this forum today. My child is in college and is a victim of this scumbag.

Tony Sheri was texting girls asking them to help him because he has a prostate problem and needed help "getting out" a semen sample. He was texting girls in college (mine being one) and on his then current Albion team. This is not a rumor, its a fact, I saw it with my own two eyes and my own kid. There are several others and it really pisses me off that no communication has come from ALBION in regards to the situation so that people can talk to their children. I do not blame the club for Sheri being a pervert but I do blame them for not getting out in front of it and putting something out so folks can talk to their kids.

Is this guy out there coaching somewhere else? Is Albion going to say or do anything, or just cut him loose and hope no one is the wiser? I get that its bad publicity but keeping it hush hush is even worse. I am really really upset with Albion for hiring the guy if they knew he had been accused of this in the past and even more so for not having the decency to send out a club wide email or letter to allow parents to discuss this with their kids. Its appalling, this little fucker better hope I never rollup on him or he is going to get stomped out.

Back