Do you think if a club has an issue of a coach having inappropriate relations with a child it...

Yes, this "kid" is back at Strikers in administrative role and from what I hear, doing private training.
Seriously? How's that work out?
You get arrested in 2o13, take off for Nor Cal and come back to daddy for a job 4 years later?
https://www.ocregister.com/2013/01/18/soccer-coach-arrested-in-contact-with-teenage-girl/

From the 2013 story linked above: A student Monday told a counselor with the Irvine Unified School District that Ebert was involved in an “inappropriate relationship” with another teen, Engen said. The counselor notified the girl’s parents and Irvine police, who began to investigate the coach.

Ebert, who recently resigned from his club coaching job and moved away from Orange County, was arrested Thursday at his Los Gatos home, Engen said.

Investigators believe Ebert had “intermittent” contact with the girl while he worked as a coach for a private soccer club. They allege the incidents that led to Ebert’s arrest occurred from August to December.

Ebert also coached boys varsity soccer at two IUSD schools from 2009 to 2012, but Engen said the girl is not believed to have come in contact with him on the campuses. School officials are assisting with the police investigation, Engen added.

Last edited:
Seriously? How's that work out?
You get arrested in 2o13, take off for Nor Cal and come back to daddy for a job 4 years later?
https://www.ocregister.com/2013/01/18/soccer-coach-arrested-in-contact-with-teenage-girl/

From the 2013 story linked above: A student Monday told a counselor with the Irvine Unified School District that Ebert was involved in an “inappropriate relationship” with another teen, Engen said. The counselor notified the girl’s parents and Irvine police, who began to investigate the coach.

Ebert, who recently resigned from his club coaching job and moved away from Orange County, was arrested Thursday at his Los Gatos home, Engen said.

Investigators believe Ebert had “intermittent” contact with the girl while he worked as a coach for a private soccer club. They allege the incidents that led to Ebert’s arrest occurred from August to December.

Ebert also coached boys varsity soccer at two IUSD schools from 2009 to 2012, but Engen said the girl is not believed to have come in contact with him on the campuses. School officials are assisting with the police investigation, Engen added.

Pretty disturbing but yes, he is back like nothing happened.

Many of the Albion girls still list Tony Scheri as a coach contact. Stands to reason that he may still be in contact with some of these girls as well as college coaches contacting him.

Many of the Albion girls still list Tony Scheri as a coach contact. Stands to reason that he may still be in contact with some of these girls as well as college coaches contacting him.

Another horrible example of the complete disregard for the children and their families by Albion ignoring sending out a club wide email and phone calls to the families. Because of this inappropriate way of dealing with the abused children there could still be abuse happening today by the hand of TS all because several families have no idea of the past abuse by TS. Albion is now knowingly allowing this to happen!

Another horrible example of the complete disregard for the children and their families by Albion ignoring sending out a club wide email and phone calls to the families. Because of this inappropriate way of dealing with the abused children there could still be abuse happening today by the hand of TS all because several families have no idea of the past abuse by TS. Albion is now knowingly allowing this to happen!
So Albion has not addressed this with the club parents?

The same as any other given night. Parents sipping the tracksuit wearing used car salesman :cool:aid.

Great description of the Albion coaches. They are all like white shoe used car salesmen. Go talk to that flake Kooiman sometime WTH is wrong with that guy? I think he soakes himself in 99 cent TJ cologne by the gallion, flips his collar up, inserts a tooth pick and kisses the mirror every morning! And whispers “Shooter McGavin!!”

No they have not mentioned it at all. And that is the major concern. Scheri may still be victimizing girls whose family have no idea what transpired.
That is almost unbelievable, sorry you guys have to go through this and pay for it to boot.

Great description of the Albion coaches. They are all like white shoe used car salesmen. Go talk to that flake Kooiman sometime WTH is wrong with that guy? I think he soakes himself in 99 cent TJ cologne by the gallion, flips his collar up, inserts a tooth pick and kisses the mirror every morning! And whispers “Shooter McGavin!!”
Maybe true, but he is just a tool. Any anger should be directed at the head of the snake.

Maybe true, but he is just a tool. Any anger should be directed at the head of the snake.
While there are many Albion coaches that fit the descriptions above and the critique of Kooiman may be correct, :), there are still some good coaches there, as in any club. Wonder if any of those coaches will man (or wo-man) up and get out on principle alone. Kind of reminds me (sorry to go political here) of most of the Republicans in the House and Senate that just get in line behind Trump and play dumb just so they can get what they want - or simply to kiss ass and stay on the good side. Which job is ever worth your dignity, integrity and being associated with this kind of allegation? Would love to see some of these Albion coaches stand up and step out. Somebody needs to do something. How awful to read these stories of these young girls, and their parents. Everyone on these forums should agree to unite and make a report and get as much of the info we share here to the authorities, US soccer, and any SD news affiliate. Albion needs to answer to this...and yesterday. Encourage any young girl to step up and speak out, this is her “Me Too” moment! They will have more support then they can handle! This guy Scheri and Albion need to pay.

While there are many Albion coaches that fit the descriptions above and the critique of Kooiman may be correct, :), there are still some good coaches there, as in any club. Wonder if any of those coaches will man (or wo-man) up and get out on principle alone. Kind of reminds me (sorry to go political here) of most of the Republicans in the House and Senate that just get in line behind Trump and play dumb just so they can get what they want - or simply to kiss ass and stay on the good side. Which job is ever worth your dignity, integrity and being associated with this kind of allegation? Would love to see some of these Albion coaches stand up and step out. Somebody needs to do something. How awful to read these stories of these young girls, and their parents. Everyone on these forums should agree to unite and make a report and get as much of the info we share here to the authorities, US soccer, and any SD news affiliate. Albion needs to answer to this...and yesterday. Encourage any young girl to step up and speak out, this is her “Me Too” moment! They will have more support then they can handle! This guy Scheri and Albion need to pay.

It’s to bad you had to bring politics into your message. You do nothing by bashing Trump and his supporters other than alienate others from wanting to agree with you.
I do agree that Albion and it’s staff all need to step up and put the children and their families first before money, reputation and business! Unfortunately that has proven tome and time again to NEVER have been Albion’s business model.

Yes, if enough call the cops and media they will not be able to hide this. I can’t believe they feel that is the best course of action here. Thank you for your post, I hope folks do heed the call and make a report with the media and cops. Create enough smoke and they will be forced to do the right things to protect the children.

It’s to bad you had to bring politics into your message. You do nothing by bashing Trump and his supporters other than alienate others from wanting to agree with you.
I do agree that Albion and it’s staff all need to step up and put the children and their families first before money, reputation and business! Unfortunately that has proven tome and time again to NEVER have been Albion’s business model.
Well I don’t think I bashed Trump and I did not share my political preferences. What I was attempting to do, and perhaps did so unsuccessfully for you, and I apologize, was to try to paralell all that is happening in our country and how when people in power are associated with awful and despicable things, what do they do? Albion coaches know what is going on and are able to step up and do something about it. These kids need a hero.

Not all Albion coaches know what is going on. It is not fair to think otherwise or that they all have the power to do something. The only coaches that I know of that have heard something is from parents gossip. What person in their right mind would put their job on the line for gossip. That is why an investigation is needed and why I reported it. However as most of the people on this board are still in club soccer, it would be nice if other clubs and Presidio took a stand against Albion.

If anyone gets news that the press or DA is actually taking action please let us all know.

Well I don’t think I bashed Trump and I did not share my political preferences. What I was attempting to do, and perhaps did so unsuccessfully for you, and I apologize, was to try to paralell all that is happening in our country and how when people in power are associated with awful and despicable things, what do they do? Albion coaches know what is going on and are able to step up and do something about it. These kids need a hero.

...and you did all that without sharing your political preferences...

Not all Albion coaches know what is going on. It is not fair to think otherwise or that they all have the power to do something. The only coaches that I know of that have heard something is from parents gossip. What person in their right mind would put their job on the line for gossip. That is why an investigation is needed and why I reported it. However as most of the people on this board are still in club soccer, it would be nice if other clubs and Presidio took a stand against Albion.

If anyone gets news that the press or DA is actually taking action please let us all know.

I’m going to hope your statement about “not all Albion coaches know what’s going on” is not true! MY GOD “Fact” are you saying that Albion has not at the very least informed their own staff about this!? Are you saying that some of the coaches have heard of this “gossip” but don’t find it important enough to go ask their boss about this? I hope your wrong and your just spreading gossip????? Because if what you are saying has truth to it then again Albion is proving to be boarderline evil.

Back